1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Scroll price guide (updates as of 01-05-2017)

Discussion in 'Items & Mesos' started by Luo Bin, Apr 11, 2017.

1. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    6:10 AM
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals
    most scrolls should be cheaper.

What gets me is that even if people buy and successfully scroll something, the total cost of those scrolls, and what people eventually sell the sold equip for are completely in-equal.

Unless the item is godly scrolled, the cost of scrolling something is far more expensive than it is to just buy a scrolled equip.

If there was consistency in pricing for equips based on how many upgrades theyve received and the cost of their scrolls factored in it would make sense, but rn scrolls are high and scrolled equips are low af.

Would be cool to see a massive price drop in scrolls.

I understand though that people charge a lot more for rare / gach only and INT scrolls since the former are rare and the latter could be afforded by rich magicians.

2. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    That's how it's always been; If the results of your scrolling is only average and not anything special, then chances are you won't make your money back from selling the item. If it wasn't like that, people would just make infinite money by scrolling all day :p

And the prices have already massively dropped; prices are roughly 30-50% cheaper than they were like two months ago, thanks to the huge influx of players. It's gotten much more affordable to scroll stuff.
    INT scrolls are expensives because yes, there's a lot of mages, but also a ton of people trying to scroll good low level INT gear to HP wash their non-mages. And you waste a whole lot trying to make good ones.

Still no plans to update this regularly, but I update my sheet whenever I get the chance, so I'll post it again when I feel it's up to date enough.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals

Fair enough bro :p

I'm just trying to think of this from a uniform way to price things.

Lets say scrolling an item with 1 10% and 6 60%'s worked on an item, would be cool to mathematically create a formula to decide it's -actual- value:

10% Scroll for Wand M.Att ( Lets say it's 90k )
    60% Scroll for Wand M.Att ( Lets say it's 200k ea. )
    Elemental Wand 2 ( Lets say 1m )

ALL worked

Total Cost Spent on materials = 90k + 6x 200k + 1,000,000 which is 2,290,000

Obviously since we managed to get all scrolls to work, there should be a bonus for having done so.

For each scroll that works, you could assign it a bonus in cost for having been successful.

10% scrolls get a bonus 90% price increase for it ( so total cost of that scroll would be worth 171k )
    all 6 60%'s worked, a bonus 40% for each scroll ( the remaining half of 60%, so each scroll would be worth 280k each )

so if you add all this up, the total cost of the item would be worth 2,851,000, which is reasonable and COULD be sold for that amount, instead of jumping up to like 12mill which lets face it, no one is buying your used wand.

It baffles me that a brown workglove sells for ( lets say average 15mill ) lol, the cost of scrolls ( lets say 7 60%'s ... valued at 1.7m each ) to scroll a work glove you're looking at 26.9 mill.

Lets say 4/7 work.

That's an 8 attack brown work glove worth 10mill.

LOL.

It doesn't logically make sense.

The way it works is that unless you scroll something that is -near- perfect, it just isn't worth it.

That doesn't take into consideration 30% and 70%'s which could REALLY screw you over.

4. Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    In the end, prices are driven by supply and demand; stuff like scrolled work gloves are in much higher demand than other things, much more ones that were scrolled well.
    Considering the odds of landing a 10% then 6/6 60% on a Elewand, I'd say that the 10m+ prices the well scrolled ones have is perfectly reasonable. ;)

4/7 on a BWG with 60% is slightly under average luck. Land 5/7, which is slightly above average, and your glove is now worth 30m+, which makes you a small profit. Land 6/7, and you've just made like 40m.
    In the end, scrolling is pretty much gambling. ;)

5. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    12:10 PM
    Beginner
    Lets say there is only 3, 15 att WGs on the server. You surely can't expect the price to stay at a reasonable level, ofcourse its going to shoot through the roof because supply and demand.
    In reverse, the server is absolutely swamped with less than 6 att WGs, enough to equip everyone and their mule, resulting in the price being extremely low.
    This is just basic economy.
    Hopefully you'll see scrolling is a 50/50 gamble, and eventually if you scroll for long enough you'll make a godly item and break even.

6. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals

You guys are right !

Maybe there could be bonuses on uniqueness, but logically it doesn't make sense.

Makes more money to be a seller of the clean materials.

A lot to lose too if you're the buyer / scroller, and then barely anything to gain unless you scroll something godly - and even if you do there is only a handful of people who would actually buy it .. :p

7. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Well yes, you'd make more money selling the scrolls instead of scrolling an item. But only because the taxes would be less hard on you.

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    4:10 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    And get this:

Recognizing the fact that scrolling isn't worth it, you don't scroll, right? If lots of people think this way, the price of scrolls gets cheaper. Also, none of these people will be producing any godly gear since they aren't scrolling. It becomes more rare and more expensive.

9. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals
    I love scrolling bro ! It just hurts the wallet hard when I boom equips. So much money gone !

Wish it was cheaper to scroll up :)

10. Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    It's been a while and the server's been BOOMIN' UP, so figured I'd post an update.
    It's pretty hard to keep tabs on every price, especially with how much the market is fluctuating right now. I encourage you to compare with older iterations of this sheet to see if it's been updated. If you see things that was way outdated, do send me suggestion on prices, It just means I haven't seen them or haven't kept an eye on them enough and I'd be happy to look it up ♥
    Happy scrolling!

EDIT: Should a new thread be made? Title's kinda misleading at this point, and I wouldn't want people to mistake Luo's post as being up to date.
    upload_2017-6-23_4-37-23.png

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Yes, make a new thread :)

12. cyberdigi

cyberdigi Master Chronos Retired Staff

Apr 1, 2017
    Male
    1:10 PM
    Def make a new thread so this one can die already.
    As for prices, the shield wa 30% is ~4m and shield ma30% is around 5m, gfma 30% is going under 5m as well... and those are pretty much the only ones I'm keeping an eye on

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Romium

Romium Horny Mushroom

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    1:10 PM
    Spyro
    Paladin
    Hogwarts
    Please make a new thread