1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Scrolling Ability SHOULD NOT autotick WS use

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tiffamisuu, Mar 5, 2021.

1. tiffamisuu

tiffamisuu Red Snail

Mar 29, 2020
    Female
    5:07 AM
    tiffamisuu
    Assassin
    I just lost a WS using the scrolling ability which DOESN'T send you a message that says "would you like to use WS". I did not tick the box but it AUTOTICKED the box for me as a pre-set which SHOULD NOT be that way. Using a WS should be a choice and not a pre-set. I ended up losing a WS from this and it's so griefed because there was no confirmation message at all and should have not had a pre-set tick to begin with. I would love to ask for a rollback because I never intended to use it regardless and the box was never ticked previously because I never kept WS on me and use the scrolling ability simultaneously. This will cause too many future mistakes as it has caused past mistakes which didn't have to happen.

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:07 PM
    Moderator Post
    copy-pasting my reply to your ticket
    upload_2021-3-5_12-50-41.png

3. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    "Screwed over by muscle memory" Lmao what a joke, that's a terrible excuse not to change it which is kinda dumb to begin with. I don't even play but the white scroll should not be auto-ticked by default, that's a lazy design by Neckson. You already custom f'ed up the server, why not do this luxury change aswell:tick:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    'i dont even play'

Stopped reading there.

• Agree Agree x 10
  5. OP
    OP
    tiffamisuu

tiffamisuu Red Snail

Mar 29, 2020
    Female
    tiffamisuu
    Assassin
    When you use the WS by dragging it, it asks you to confirm if you want to use it. Why not have the same feature for the scrolling ability? It's such a simple measure to take for players. I've also heard that it was previously said to be fixed in a previous patch, and yet it's back. Did we bring it back or is this a rollback? My POV is that I hope ML gets better in the future, and as a donor, I'd love to keep donating to help out. That being said, if something as small as this can't be fixed, I'm not sure what makes me think that bigger things will be fixed in the future... If there's already a confirmation function on the game, then let's just copy and paste it to the ability too. Since they're supposed to be mirrored skills anyway. When you don't own a WS, the box is automatically unticked, so it should stay the same way when you don't have one. Not sure as to why it should start randomly ticking boxes when you have a scroll? This has been an ongoing problem apparently for lots of others, why do we keep continuously letting the same problem repeatedly happen? Can we please start by at least fixing this one?

6. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This was never "fixed". Also, if you have no idea how game coding works and think that 'copy-pasting' one function from another make things work then let me just tell you now that it's not how it works. Legendary Spirit and regular scrollings are completely different functions and code, and that's not how things work. Seriously, you got a note when you've obtained your White Scroll and once in 2 months, we get one person that makes a mistake and gets upset. I understand you are upset but it's your mistake by either not following what the note told you to do or by rush scrolling which made you accidentally use a White Scroll you didn't want to use.

If we had a prompt for every single time someone used the Legendary Spirit function we would have people asking us to remove the prompt because it's annoying to press yes every time.

Anyway, we have plenty of other client edits still needing to do, and since changing this isn't just a "copy paste" but completely changing how the Legendary Spirit UI and feature functions (the client already sends the results as soon you drag and drop the item..), it's not going to be changed now if ever.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    9:07 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Just imagine you wanted to use WS but thanks for bad muscle memory and didn't used WS, and lost a slot.

Cases can be vice versa. so whether using WS is default or not, mistakes can be happened. Just be careful whenever you scroll, take focus on. crying after doing mistake can be allowed, since we all know it's sad, but trying to change game because of it, seems silly to me.

I'd say, in this game, you learn stuffs from doing mistake. that was same on me also on many stuffs. just lesson fee was terrible. you just paid lesson fee for this lesson - be careful when you scroll, and it's better to keep WSs in storage unless you're very sure to use it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    9:07 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    that’s y removing the message is the best thing to do. whenever someone gets spoiled, starts asking for more treats

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    8:07 AM
    iPippy
    If a user uses a ws they didnt intend to use, there is a 100% chance they are upset.

If a user doesnt use a ws they intended to use, theres a 90% chance they are upset, and a 10% chance they saved a ws SlimeCool

I think the answer for minimizing complaints is obvious. /s

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    12:07 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Life is always about mistakes. thats how you grow and learn as a person.

tiffamisuutiffamisuu
    I understand your pain about accidentally using a white scroll.. but hey.. on the bright side.. i'm 110% certain that you'll be EXXXXXXTRA cautious from now on. which is good. Sometimes we all need a little reminder to pay attention

Imagine how i felt losing my vote streak ;_;

11. OP
    OP
    tiffamisuu

tiffamisuu Red Snail

Mar 29, 2020
    Female
    tiffamisuu
    Assassin
    Never using the skill ever again. Wiped and forgotten. It's a hazard in itself.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Don't worry, I'll just hold on to your white scrolls when you want to do some scrolling :) I'll keep them safe.

13. SinclairJ

SinclairJ Master Chronos

Dec 8, 2020
    Chief Bandit