1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

SE + nate??

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Maplemaple, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Maplemaple

Maplemaple Orange Mushroom

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    7:24 AM
    Priest
    If sharp eyes affect the entire assassinate skill on shads and not just the 5th hit that noone really uses, would that make them op o.o their dpm is already lower than others so theyre not really "carries"... right? SE seems to benefit all main attacks for each jobs except for nate.. well it doesnt even have to be the full 40% SE benefit but at least some percentage, maybe like 10-20%? I mean thatd defeat the whole purpose of having it as party buff sharp eyes. It should make your dmg SHARP

I need to understand too? so explanation would help instead of just disagreeing lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    2:24 PM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    lets say, there was a lot of posts like this, they were all denied.
    as far as I know, you cant make SE work on assassinate because, SE is an active skill, and the crit of assassinate is active too.
    so as u cant have rage and cider same time- you cant have assassinate active crit and SE as an active crit skill.
    also, as far as I know, they buffed assassinate mastery or something - but I'm not sure about it.
    that's been said - > I thought of something that could've help shads do more dmg with assassinate, and also bring some "fresh air" into shads life- > make Si work on assassinate to make it slightly faster?
    I didnt calculate the numbers and what slightly better speed will cause to shads dmg, so if anyone find it interesting, go a head and make a sheet to show us numbers OnionSpark

also should take in count, that shad is a supportive class hence their tank abilties (mg+tons of avoid + shifter) and they have smoke as well ofc..

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    1:24 PM
    I lack any real knowledge about shadowers but; I believe all daggers are at least fast (4), meaning with booster you already reach the fastest attack speed in the game faster (2). Thus it is just not possible for SI to speed up shadower's attacks further, as there is no faster attack speed attainable for them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    upload_2021-7-21_10-21-12.png

• Like Like x 11
  5. OP
    OP
    Maplemaple

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Priest
    Wait dont NL's have crit as well even without se? Wouldnt that be active crit? And its the last attack (5th hit) that crits with nate but not the first 4 hits. Si dont affect shads either haha. And yeah you right they do have mg avoid shifter but i think other classes have their own perks too, and yeah smoke is good for the party just like any other party buffs. Idm shads being more supportive than carries but i doubt a slight increase from se would make them any op-er. Doesnt need to be full 40% dmg. Could be even as little as idk.. like 5-10%? for the first 4 hits since nobody really uses the 5th hit anyway... but yeah. Ty for your responseee! :)

6. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    4:24 AM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    There wouldn't be any need to tone down SE's effect on nate. If SE affected nate it would only increase damage by a small 3.36%, which I think is a justifiable buff to shads.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    haha ok ok im sorry im not pretend to know/remember what buff (if any at all) shad got, thats why i said im not sure Onionthehehe

thats it correct, I tried to drop ideas, as a brainstorm action. IDK if its possible but the idea was to adjust the speed 2 interval for shads to be faster (as when Si reach speed 2 - as faster than today, and when only booster speed 3 (as speed 2 of today??))
    just an idea ~

NL's crit work as passive 2nd job skill.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Maplemaple

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Priest
    I see. I mean regardless i dont see no purple crit lines when shads nate. Idk how thats an active crit haha even if they do its the 5th hit that crits which seldom works anyway. But whether that works or not doesnt really matter because noone does that last hit. Its just the first 4 yellow lines so technically shads dont active crit either way with or without se LOL i mean.. am i understanding this skill wrong? LAST STRIKE can be lethal with a given success rate.. crit dmg 250%, success rate 90%

9. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    I'm not a shad but if I'm not wrong, the purple line of crit is a visual bug (?) means - in the shadower client they see it as crit line, others are not.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Maplemaple

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Priest
    Nope its the other way around. Other people see purple lines on THEIR screen when shads have SE on. Shads dont see it on their own screen its still yellow for them. Regardless.. the point is that there is NO crit going on with or without se for the first 4 hits on nate. The dmg output is the same with OR without se. So how is that active crit? Does that make sense?

11. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    12:24 PM
    Not sure if I understood this right, but the reason why assassinate doesn't work with SE is because both are skills that you can click, which sort of changes their interaction to something like attack pots, the higher one takes precedence? (not sure exactly, just speculation, maybe this will help you understand better)
    For why NL and archer have crits that can work with SE is because theirs are passive skill.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Maplemaple

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Priest
    I see what you mean. So even though its just the last (5th) hit that triggers crit, the entire skill is counted as a whole. Im wondering if theres a way for the first 4 non-active hits to be affected by se and not the last hit. Noone really uses the "last strike" anyway when they spam nate its only the first 4 hits that dont even crit at all.. or would it be possible to maybe take the crit off the last hit and let se affect nate as a whole? Idk. It doesnt really make sense since in reality the last hit aint even used..