1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Self-Bishop Leech

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xNator, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Vera

Vera Dark Stone Golem

Sep 27, 2016
    Female
    ei
    11:56 AM
    Nolo
    Buccaneer
    Demure
    These are a bit weak arguments. Id like to hear you explain how selfleech is dumb, unfair and not nostalgic in your opinion. You left me quite curious, since I couldnt really find any proper arguments in your post and you didnt really try to back up these statements.

Thanks

• Like Like x 5
  2. OP
    OP
    xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    3:56 AM
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    Theres no point anymore this thread isnt going anywhere, everyone just about had a panic attack from the idea. They cant see a life without their precious leech

• Like Like x 1
  3. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    you completly miss the point.... its not panic attack, if you want something to change you need reasons.
    if the reasons is 3 words unrelated to anything then people wotn take you serious cos well... its fucking not serious.
    anyone can self leech just need to start a bish\mage. its a prossess just like lvling your self.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Vera

Vera Dark Stone Golem

Sep 27, 2016
    Female
    ei
    Nolo
    Buccaneer
    Demure
    I get that, but if you would back up your arguments, i think people would understand you a bit better. I honestly think it would be helpful even tho you'll still (very most likely) end up being the minority in this topic.

I just dont think people can take you very seriously if you try to make a change to the gameplay with an argument as 'its dumb'
    Atleast if you leave it at that and dont even try to explain to other people why you see is as dumb.

United basically said it there^^ im just too slow.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TRM

TRM Mushmom

Apr 13, 2015
    Male
    4:56 AM
    SlimShady
    Bowmaster
    Lame
    Some people view self leeching as nostalgic.

6. JBeebzOnly12

JBeebzOnly12 Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    USA, Arizona
    1:56 AM
    Desolate
    Islander
    Desolate
    Forum etiquette:

Step 1) Have an idea? Please have asshole previously stretched to avoid tearing before posting it.

Step 2) If you're not an elitist who has studied every mechanic and algorithm of the game right down to the codes..fuck you. Just...fuck you, you utter piece of unintellectual shit.

Step 3) Delete forum account, and Maplestory account.

Step 4) Uninstall Maplestory.

Step 5) Create Club Penguin account.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    First of all, im not trying to argue anything, thats just my opinion.

Second, all i want is some way to encourage people to play the way the game is meant to be played.

8. Vera

Vera Dark Stone Golem

Sep 27, 2016
    Female
    ei
    Nolo
    Buccaneer
    Demure
    noooo im not trying to argue either, I honestly am just curious.

9. Wintermute

Wintermute Master Chronos

Jun 12, 2015
    Male
    South Korea
    9:56 AM
    Wintermute // Winterfall
    Corsair
    Demure
    lol

• Like Like x 3
  10. iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    10:56 AM
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    Ty for calling me an asshole because of a meme, i see how you learnt stuff... still as retarded as before.
    Lets be real you're basically saying you dont like self-leeching so that it should be removed from the game.
    This sounds toxic(it is LOL, according to MapleBentoMapleBento i am toxic ;)) but its the truth and truth hurts~

• Like Like x 7
  11. OP
    OP
    xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    Dumb: I think it's dumb because your character benefits the most when u aren't actually playing it, instead its just sitting on a rope while u spam gen.
    Unfair: It's unfair because the people that actually try to play the game the way it was meant to be played are extremely outleveled
    Not Nostalgic: Maybe it was just me but back in gms i didn't know anyone that made a bishop/arch mage just to leech theirselves with

12. OP
    OP
    xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    lol k

13. Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:56 AM
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    Well, aren't you technically playing then. OnionF6

14. JBeebzOnly12

JBeebzOnly12 Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    USA, Arizona
    1:56 AM
    Desolate
    Islander
    Desolate
    You should've known this post would be shot down.

This post is the equivalent of asking the world to stop shopping at Wal-Mart. :/

I see your intentions though brotha, and on a person-to-person level, I like your mentality.

Don't let the supremists on this forum get under your skin. Fuck em.

15. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    4:56 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I'm curious if this is actually true since the person would have to technically make a 4th job mage before they start the class they plan to leech.

16. OP
    OP
    xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    By the time they make there main they can easily hp wash and make tons of money. They can easily fund there main as well. Also, clerics take like 2 seconds to level compared to a normal class, so 120 is no prob for them.

17. OP
    OP
    xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    And i knew the bishops that leech theirselves would get mad but idc about them this a suggestion for the gm's to decide.

18. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    5:56 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    For dumb - there's so many ways to get exp. if you think "exp should come from only actual attacking, and NEVER FROM PTY MEMBERS, imagine what would happened on bossing for non-attacker, and training priest. (basically, bish in zak and HT would be example of this). do you know? leeching exp is at most 1/2 of attackers exp.

For Unfair - Is ur account blocked to make bish..? or bugged so you can't get ur job as cleric? than you can say it's unfair. otherwise, I think it's fair. and if you think "selfleech is fastest way to reach lv.200", go try it PLEASE. you'll know soon, it isn't. Can't you trust me? you may tell like "but your NL is masterpiece of selfleech and its lvl is high af, its too OP", no, my eph was slow af compared with other players. I just did it "too much times" then them. that's all.

For Not Nostalgic - yes, I think it's just you. nearly all bishes/mages I saw sold leech/selfleeched.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  19. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    5:56 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I do agree on this. for my experience, comparing eph of actual training, and selfleech was
    (training means, just killing mobs, not BF or Anego, zak like nice exp bosses. if include this, things get changed also)

1 ~ 10 : you can't do that L O L
    10 ~ 57 : solo training was way faster
    57 ~ 65 : very similar, still training was faster if trainer had ideal condition (fmhs+partner)
    65 ~ 75 : selfleech was faster, similar when trainer had ideal condition
    75 ~ 140 : selfleech ftw
    140 ~ 150 : training gets equivalent with selfleech
    150 ~ : training is faster.

if we hope to fix that OPness of mid-lvl ranges, we may focus on leeching exp penalty for lvl-gap. leeching exp is exactly 1/2 when actual attacker is lower or same lvl with leech, and it goes down if attackers lvl overcomes leeches lvl. if we change this "penalty rate for lvl-difference" much higher, we may fix OP leech lvl ranges. (since, most of OP leech come from bish/AM much higher lvl than leech). but this method can't block ppl who keeps bish/AM lvl<leech lvl. (for example, CozyCozy ). and to block such evil(?) player, you may come up with idea, like "then don't start from 1/2, let's just start from 1/10!". this idea is just similar with exterminating leech itself, means, no selling leech, no exp for bossing mage/bishes, and most critical, no reason to do pty anymore except less-movement convenience.

but i'm not sure changing exp distribution formula is technically possible or not.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  20. OP
    OP
    xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    I disagree with u, i think exp should come from party members. It promotes party play, and i have no problem with leeching, just SELF LEECHING.
    And also im not making a bish because i wanna take the take to actually play my nl and not leech myself