1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Selling Map!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AlexSF, Feb 11, 2021.

1. AlexSF

AlexSF Red Snail

Nov 7, 2020
    Male
    10:10 PM
    GoodOld2004
    Magician
    This has to stop. Please!

We only have 8 channels, which can be a good thing to encourage partying and socializing. It's already hard to find map to train, when there are so many people selling leech.
    Lately there has been an increase in map seller because it's easy money!

Can we please make this map selling illegal? ban-able?

• Agree Agree x 27
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. sandpickle

sandpickle Mushmom

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    12:10 AM
    firepickle
    Magician
    Cucumber
    While I agree that it's extremely annoying when people are AFK-holding maps, and that certain places are extremely crowded, how about the instances where people only have a limited amount of time to play, so they smega to buy maps?
    I've spent hours surfing for 5-6F maps, and I've seen people spend up to 4 hours looking for a map - while I agree that a lot can be done to help combat the crowding of these maps (nerfing 5-6F, adding more channels, looking at the flaws in @mapowner), I haven't come across anyone who was actually holding a channel hostage in order to sell the map. I think people spamming megaphones have made map selling to be a much much bigger deal than it actually is.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    1:10 AM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    yes, make selling a map a bannable offense. it can be under griefing?

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Selling leech I'm okay with, selling a map?

I thought this was MapleLegends(MapleStory) not real estate.

5. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    1:10 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Give you a tip for your problem.
    Just hoard like 6/8 chn for a substantial amount of time and watch the changes come in fast and fierce.
    You just need to exploit it hard enough first...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Eldric

Eldric Slime

Mar 2, 2019
    Male
    Eldric
    Bishop
    Yes selling map is a very toxic thing to do, it’s worse than hoarding maps for training/leeching, it’s hoarding maps simply to make profit.

But instead of asking GMs to ban everything we dislike, I think we as a community should stand up to this kind of action by simply refusing to buy from the “map sellers”. Often these people are just going to log off anyway, and they are looking to make a quick buck while doing so. If you just camp out by the map for a while, they will go off eventually.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    I think the whole map selling thing is a matter of perspective. Hoarding 1 channel and 8 channels are entirely different issues. Also on a different level of grieving, therefore would be treated accordingly by the GMs

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    2:10 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Actually sometimes I try to buy map ownership, to save my time can be wasted for finding one If I think i'm in urgent and desperate. (and this is really effective if you offer 'proper' price for it, instead of 1~2m garbage price for your greed).

But personally, I'm against for just holding map only for selling ownership purpose. I think, if buyer wants, it's good to trade ownership because why not. you can save your time using $, and that's how economy works. but still....holding a map only to sell, should be restricted by somehow. (but I can't make any fine logic against such holding, since it's also a way of economy works. they spend their time, to make profit, like all of us do. just, difference of method.)

Idk what i'm saying tbh. neither agree, or disagree. just my 2 cents.

But first of all I hope to throw this question to all the debators : Do we have 'right' to judge and distribute many methods of making profit as good or bad, just because of what we feel? Since farming, leech selling, holding map to sell, all are eventually same - putting effort, to make profit.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. tzahdayan

tzahdayan Red Snail

Jan 27, 2021
    Female
    8:10 AM
    Supporting it, should be ban able

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    I guess people sell maps because they don't want to sell leech because they're very "Shimshimhae, aigoo, nomo shimshimhae"

11. Tango

Tango Horny Mushroom

Feb 27, 2018
    Male
    11:10 PM
    Chronicles
    Paladin
    Although I wholeheartedly agree with map selling being ban-able (or at least given a form of punishment), the problem is not selling maps to other players. Instead, the problem is not being able to get maps in a fair exchange. People will work around it to where they're not "selling" the maps and rather just pawn it off to a buddy/guildy to hold for the time being.

Sadly, there may not be anything GMs can do regarding this issue. Only other options to prevent this is to either make other maps the new "metas" or just simply not feed into this behavior and make them eventually stop.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    I actually have to agree with this - though this isn’t a “bannable offence” yet unless someone controls all the same map’s channels with mules.

Map selling to me is just a quick cash grab because eventually someone is gonna leave. Though if everyone who dislikes this practice, should outright not pay the map seller a meso, just like not paying a Scalper who bought PS5s

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Chrisss

Chrisss Horny Mushroom

Oct 21, 2020
    Male
    2102 Top Floor of Roppongi Mall
    ChrisBS
    Bishop
    Rogue
    Personally, I would consider 1 of the following options.
    1) Making "S> Map" a bannable offense.
    2) Increase the number of channels.

My reason for the 1st option is to prevent the abuse of mules invading all channels to claim map ownership and selling it potentially for 10m (80m in total). Not to mention this also instincts fear to map sellers.

For the 2nd option, I feel like as much as the Admins/GMs would like to see the community come together and socialize, this only benefits people "socially" whereas people who are constantly grinding/leeching are in desperate need to surf channels when channels are full (This also applies to players with limited game time due to IRL stuff).

I hope Admins/GMs could possibly consider one of the following as this is something they have to consider. I value positive communities, but I also value hardworking progressive players. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Well something to consider is whether this behavior is enforceable by GMs. You can certainly just ban people smega'ing or chalk boarding "S> map", which gets rid of the most convenient way to sell maps (and the easiest to verify with ss).

Also the mechanism to sell maps is also pretty janky. Afaik, there's no failsafe method to transfer mapownership without it being snipe-able.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    7:10 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    While I agree that it is bad manners to hold a map you aren't going to use just to sell it, I don't think making selling a map an offense is the best solution for a couple reasons.
    • It's difficult to enforce and even if it wasn't it would take up valuable time from GMs.
    • It can be viewed as being similar to selling any other service.
    • The root problem lies with the mapowner system.
    IMO the mapowner expire time should be reduced from 5 to 2-3 minutes. This will make holding a map just for the sake of holding it take too much effort to be worth doing without affecting the people that do actively use the map.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    2-3 minutes isn't enough time to use the bathroom or get a quick snack, quick walk or even stretch a bit.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Which is when the next poor sod gets a chance to use the map...

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    I understand that, but I think they should just buff diverse maps that have similar exp curves.

Selling maps is horrible but lowering mapowner from a leech seller is just as bad too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Agreed, or nerf the outliers on the higher end, or both.

I don't understand what you mean by this.

20. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    If they leave for a walk/food/bathroom break without knowing the timer is lowered, they have a chance to get sniped and get deemed a leech scammer, get reported and possibly banned.

EDIT: To clarify a bit more, some people don't use forums or even discord.

• Informative Informative x 1