1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Selling Map!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AlexSF, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    5:42 PM
    They're examples, examples exist do they not? No one is going to buy a pig map for 5mil, let alone 150mil for one.

A movie isn't free along with their snacks and goodies, so stop using Real World resources as examples, if a map has no one in it are you going to @gm and tell them "Sir! I would like to buy this map Sir! 5mil? OKAY SIR! Thank you!" No, you're not.. same thing here.

Concert tickets, Movie tickets are horrible examples.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    8:42 PM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    jesus sorry okay you're right, you win

3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If you want to establish rules for debate, you should probably follow them too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    I think you forget to type something, unless thats considered spam

Edit: nice edit

5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Using a lot of words to say nothing is considered spam too.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    How is that considered spam if its facts.

7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Growing up we had the best dog ever. He was half English Bulldog and just the funniest guy with amazing comedic timing. He didn't look like an English bully at all though. He looked like a pitbull, at the height of pitbull fear in the 90's. Like many Bulldogs, he was fascinated by wheels. He loved to attack skateboard wheels, big wheels, etc. One of his favorite things was when the UPS truck would stop on our street. It got to the point that he would hear it coming and wait at the window. He got out once and chased one, but we caught him before he caught the truck. For 10 years, the UPS truck was his love and his nemesis. Anyway... We were on a family vacation and had to cut it short because he got very sick while at the kennel. We took him to his vet and learned that he had a very aggressive form of lung cancer (he had no symptoms until he was at the kennel. Had just been to the vet a few months prior). We had to euthanize him that day. He was that bad off. It was truly one of the most unexpected depressing events of my life. I took him outside for his final walk. Right across from the vet's office was a Wendy's (fast food restaurant). As I was walking him, and crying over how frail and sick he seemed, a UPS truck pulled right up to us. The driver jumped out to grab his lunch. Well...you know how they leave the doors open on those trucks? He perked up. He looked at the truck. He looked at me. I said 'Ok, go for it' and as weak as he was, he pulled me over to the truck. Hopped up into the passenger side and checked the whole thing out, tail wagging. Got out and got inspect all 4 tires. For his last hurrah, my sweet, goofy boy finally caught his UPS truck.

Anyways, the point of that long-winded story was that it could also be considered a fact, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of the thread and it's probably best to not try to waste peoples' time debating with needless counterpoints.

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    If map selling is the topic of the thread and I've talked about map selling the entire time, then I've stayed on topic until this post came along

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/selling-map.37718/page-3#post-253424

So if you're saying that map selling is okay, then thats your side of the argument, I've said what I wanted to say already but you're bringing up a real or not off-topic sad story about your puppers.

However this thread is about selling maps, not about cute puppers chasing UPS trucks and Wendy's burgers.

9. Eldric

Eldric Slime

Mar 2, 2019
    Male
    8:42 AM
    Eldric
    Bishop
    Political leanings aside, if the GMs nerfed leeching (because it was too OP, I assume), made gach tickets droppable instead of Vote2Win a long time ago, its clear the stance is that people have to work harder to earn mesos/exp instead of finding easier way out. Selling maps literally requires close to zero effort for quite lucrative rewards (I see 5-6 maps being sold for 10m+, not sure if they are kidding or not).

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    2:42 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Imagine if this stuff happened IRL lmao, some sweaty ass nerd goes over to a restaurant early, spreads his stuff across as many tables and chairs as he can and refuses to give up a table unless paid.
    If he charges excessive amounts of money, people won't buy it, you're right. But for the duration between them starting and them giving it up, they're essentially hogging a map for no reason other than to get a quick buck out of someone else.

Yes, all things can have monetary value, but to me personally it's a dick move for someone to just make themselves the person who supposedly deserves to get paid for otherwise free and publicly available areas.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:42 AM
    Moderator Post
    In the upcoming patch, we have hopefully something that combats the overpopulated map issues without the need to add more channels. Once that is done I will look for more feedback. I definitely want fix the overpopulated map problems, but I do not want to add more channels as I am infamous for by now.

• Like x 10
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Great Work x 1
    • Creative x 1
  12. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    POGGERS DUNGEONS INCOMING WE DID IT BOYS.

• Like Like x 3