1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shadower skill Taunt

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cooltime, Nov 3, 2018.

1. cooltime

cooltime Mushmom

Jan 6, 2018
    Male
    asdfghjkl
    1:13 AM
    Rayquaza
    Hermit
    DevilFruits
    oh hi guys. I have some questions about taunt.

Is taunt worth maxing or raising it to lvl 15-20?

What is the range of this skill? How many monsters can it affect?

How long does the skill take to launch?

Is it better not to put any points into taunt at all, because it is a waste of time?

Taunt at lvl 30 adds 40% exp, defense and drop rate to the monsters,but it also does no damage. For example, you would kill more monsters by only using boomerang step in one minute then you would if you used taunt on them. Here's what I think, taunt adds some good extra to the monsters, but it also makes it longer to kill a monster since it does no damage at all. But I don't know to what extent.

What do you think? :)

edit: oh yeah and also, I think it's good to use taunt between boomerang steps too..? Because the skill has a delay which can be replaced by taunt or something like that?

and also maybe taunt is good for like when you party with a bishop for example? Idk how, but you could simply use taunt to add the 40% exp while the bishop kills the monsters lol for free 40% haha.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  2. Tenyn

Tenyn Pink Teddy

May 8, 2017
    Male
    Australia
    4:13 PM
    applejam
    Corsair
    Hogwarts
    The way it works is you use taunt once and the effects last till it dies. It is a very good skill because 40% exp boost is a lot which( makes shadowers one of the better end game grinders) citation needed.

3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:13 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well obviously, it's going to be way less tedious to use it on bosses rather than trying to grind with it on individual mook monsters, and if you do use it on a boss, use it right before it dies, not at like the start of the fight. That said, I have no idea if it even works on bosses.

4. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    11:13 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Taunt is amazing for grinding. setup a macro
    Bstep/Taunt/Bstep
    40% more exp is fast.
    Taunt does more damage for shads > Nightlords
    Taunts animations is pretty fast
    Taunt > MW20, because most cases someone else has mw20 when you are grinding together.

HyugaHyuga / aaronisaaronis / HappyFestusHappyFestus , they all use taunt to grind. and Huyga recommended it for shadowers to get it before smoke.

5. mosshroom

mosshroom Orange Mushroom

Mar 18, 2017
    Female
    9:13 AM
    Chara, mosshroom
    Hermit, Shadower
    Halcyon
    I personally maxed taunt 2nd after Bstep (Bstep>Taunt>Shifter>etc). Really speeds up grinding combined with HS.

6. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    8:13 AM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Nope on the bosses part, but yeah on grinding for shad, since combined with bstep you hit a decent amount of mobs and get a quite nice buff.

The problem is when you never used to find a grinding partner because "you are a shadower" #StoryOfMyLife XatEmo

7. Kruzynn

Kruzynn Slime

Nov 24, 2017
    Male
    7:13 AM
    Kruzynn
    Priest
    i would prioritize Bstep and shadow shifter first since bstep is the main attack and shadow shifter is too good as a passive skill(free/dont gotta press anything) after those 2 skills u shud add 1 point in smokescreen and and 1 in venom those r good even at lvl 1. then u can add on taunt.

8. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    11:13 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Bstep stuns mobs when u grind, so you shudnt really get hit. so if you want to lvl faster at low lvl shads, taunt would be smarter. MesoGuard tanks everything anyways

9. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    2:13 AM
    I would say depending on what you intend to do.

While it's nice for grinding, if you are looking to boss then I would take assassinate and boss focused skills.

But if you see yourself grinding a lot more then definately getting taunt will help a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Shadower
    Guess who came to the thread late. (It's me)

Anyway, Hyoon said it, gonna boss to level? fuck it. Gonna grind? TAUNT IT IS.

bstep first. no question.

Don't bother with shifter if ur gonna grind unless you really want to be the HT sed mule. Go ahead and put one point into that if you really want to, since 10% is still p decent. Also, since you're grinding with taunt (and probably hs) you should level pretty fast anyway (ahahahha).

I'd have to disagree with kruzynn about the venom because I personally feel like the damage that vemon gives is pretty insignificant, and with smoke at level 1 it's teensy tiny and doesn't last long and since ur iframing everything anyway, not really worth (also people make fun of ur 'smoke' size :( ). But then again, it's really only 2 points "wasted" so if you wanna do it, be my guest.

If ur gonna get most of ur exp from bossing (which, honestly, is not a real popular way to do it), you'd probably want shifter second, then nate, then smoke (or smoke then nate for "smoke mule" status), and fuck taunt since it doesn't work on bosses. But i'm guessing, because I Did Not Do That.

Anyway, when server's back up, i'll ss u some epms if you really want to see.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Shadower
    • Friendly Friendly x 1