1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shivering's Ulu1/Cornian Meso Journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Shivering, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    6:40 PM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    EDIT2: As of 04/11/21 we swapped out harps for cornians.

EDIT: As of 04/07/21 we have begun farming harps simultaneously.

This map needs giga nerfs. I will document profits below. This a raw meso farming strategy; it does not involve leeching. This is how it plays out:
    • 4 mages: FarmGOAT, Elemental, Shivering, Perpetuate (gotta put all those 2 ch 5-6F mages to use)
    • 2 MU mules (1 of them doubles as a sweeper)
    I recorded a video for those of you interested in replicating the strategy; it closely documented the intricacies needed to perform this strategy optimally. If you don't optimize it it's a lot harder than it should be. Unfortunately, I can not upload the video because since my computer sucks it just skips a ton of frames and is extremely laggy. If you have any questions about the strat or want me to walk you through how it's done feel free to message me when I'm farming in game and I'll be happy to show you.

I did a 1 hour test last week; these were the results. I think this was way above average in terms of what to expect in terms of profits from this map. I also incorporated gach tickets as a part of net earnings which is something people don't usually do; I'm valuing blue tickets at 500k and rare tickets at 1m.

[​IMG]

What to expect from entries:
    1. You'll see the detailed breakout like above, but I probably won't include the EV of gach tickets. Instead I will keep track of gach profits, WS counter, CS counter on a separate line in each entry.
    2. I'm open to anything so if there's anything you would like to see in terms of detail in the journal just ask and I'm happy to provide the data.
    What makes ulu1 so easy compared to other maps?
    1. Low investment. A 130 mage with almost no gear can 1 hit all mobs at ulu1 because you only need 42k min dmg to 1 hit everything.
    2. High mob density in 1 channel. The thing with multi-channel farming is there are a lot of inherent barriers to it. If you try ccing on a sweeper the pet won't recognize any of the loot on the map and won't loot it. Because ulu1 is all happening on 1 map it makes for much easier meso farming.
    3. 2 safe spots for mages; 2 of the mages have 0 risk of ever getting hit because of the changes that were made to the map when dungeons were added. The other 2 mages can easily be managed if you cast on spawn.
    4. Equip drops. Not only are there a lot of high-value NPCable equips on this map there's a lot of sellable equips that drop at this map. These include: White Pioneer, Dark Battle Road, Red Pirate Top, Red Pirate Bottom, Spartas, and Cravens. This coupled with the high # of weapons in the ulu1 drop table means you're going to be making cash money not only from NPCing equips but also from the high stat equips!

• Great Work x 11
    • Funny x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. kissMagE

kissMagE Selkie Jr.

May 28, 2017
    Female
    9:40 AM
    JoeL
    Beginner
    so u earned 28.7m in an hour at ulu1?

3. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Yes.

4. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    9:40 PM
    Trion
    Beginner
    -sees "This map needs major nerfs" -

- sees he uses 4 mages and 2 MU mules -

So it doesn't need any nerfs at all if you play the game normally with 1 character lawl.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    You must be new here.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    9:40 PM
    Trion
    Beginner
    I have plenty of mules but the fact is a majority of people will never play the game with 4 mages at the same time. So engaging in hyperbole such as "this map needs nerfs" is disingenuous. Using that logic you could open a ton more maps to needing nerfs. Nobody would balance the game based on what only a handful of players do.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Nerfs aren't based on the majority of people. See: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/shiverings-meso-journal-inspired-by-moomins.35420/

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    7:25 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I mean if you are going to control 6 clients for hours on hours I’ll say you deserve that mph.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    any stats for one mage? tho i dont have any mage to take advantage of this ||oTL

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I’d say the same about the 2 ch shaolin leech and that required way more awareness and skill. Unfortunately, this map is a joke in comparison to that as you just afk on 2 of the mages and the other 2 will never get hit as long as you cast on respawn. The entire map can be swept in 30 seconds allowing for a minute 30 time period where you just need to cast ult on the mages once every 10 seconds.

Every map in the game has mobs respawn every 10 seconds. This map lets you spend the first 2 seconds after spawn casting ulti and then you afk for 8 seconds (when you are not in the 30 second sweeping window) and then repeat.

No, I do not, but if I had to guess I’d say around 5-7m. The 2nd mage probably adds the most value; I think you can net 16-18m/hr farming with just 2 mages. The last 2 mages have severely diminishing returns.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    The shivering NERF CROOSADE CONTINUES!

I would like you to keep track of gacha in each session as a separate counter (i.e. list time spent farming and # tickets).

Also you should use the real EV of gacha tickets which is greater than 600k for blue, and greater than 2m for rare.

Because you are basically clearing the entire map (minus 1-3 monsters), we have a very good idea of how many monsters you are killing in general. And, also if you do some other analysis, can probably figure out how many monsters each mage is killing on average.

From this, you could deduce the gachapon drop rate.

12. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I will add in the gach counter. For my actual entries I plan to keep a line that says profit from gacha sales where I will keep track of how much mesos I make from actually selling items that I receive from gach. I’ll separate it by common and rare.

From the 40-50 hours I’ve spent on this map so far, I’d say the average gach drop rate is about 7-8 tickets per hour. I’d assume I kill 38 mobs per cast * 6 casts per min * 60 minutes. Judging from this and the mobs I kill per hour I’d say the gachapon drop chance from a mage ult is .05-.06%. I’m not sure if you can calc drop rate like this though since I think for mages the # of mobs isn’t important since I think you are capped at 1 gach tickets per cast or something like that; I’m not sure if I’m remembering that correctly.

13. jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    I think it's important to reiterate shivering's OP that the bar of ulu1 takes extremely low investment characters and compares to endgame leech map meso/hr. People generally take a few months of setup to get to the position to get to endgame maps and are walled by either a) time investment for levels and/or b) mage gear investment.

I'd bet that if older endgame players knew about this earlier with the data given a lot more people would've went this route. The fact there there is no hassle downtime to find buyers is also pretty huge.

Maybe dungeons at ulu1 isn't necessary in the first place? There was never really a huge demand for the map until recent(still not close to being contested as something like ulu2) and getting rid of that building safe spot makes it a bit more fair game. 16-18m seems pretty chill comparatively.

ShiveringShivering could you add in another row for pot cost investment for running 4 mages for an hour? I'd imagine you could just do 1 mage * 4 if you wanted to approximate since it seems like casts are lined up pretty close. Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Can you do one for the other leech maps too? I just want to see nerfs and watch the average proletariat suffer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. MarcC

MarcC Pink Teddy

May 29, 2019
    Male
    8:40 PM
    riffie
    Paladin, Bishop, Corsair
    Spirit
    I think your gachapon values are somewhat true.
    I have been tracking my gachas meso EV and I got this as the following:
    Total Common Gacha: 532, Expected Value: 348,570, Standard Deviation: 2,015,302
    Total Rare Gacha: 174, Expected Value: 1,241,882, Standard Deviation: 3,993,367

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    2:40 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Where could one find this video?

17. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I will add pots but I really do not want to track by hour. It is too tedious for not too much data gain. I will track mesos I spend on potions though although it is very very very small.

Since you cast once every 10 seconds on each mage, you will cast 360 times total per hour on each mage. Since all of my mages are in the 28-30k MP range, this means about 1 pot for every 2.5 casts which equates to about ~140 pots per hour per mage. This is ~400k per mage or 1.6m total per hour.

1 at a time :)

18. Kirisame

Kirisame Pac Pinky

Jul 5, 2018
    Kirisame
    Hero
    ImACatMeow
    Can you try record using a camera or phone?
    Interested on your keyboard actions also.MapleF6

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    7:40 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Split your squad into 2 separate parties, bring some HS, and sell cheap leech to 2-4 players while farming.

20. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    2:40 AM
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Are you a god?

• Funny Funny x 1