1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shivering's Ulu1/Cornian Meso Journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Shivering, Apr 3, 2021.

1. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    2:26 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I wonder if I can do something similar with 3 mages since I only have 3. If not, maybe it’s time to start a max hp bishop

2. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    6:26 AM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    You can just get rid of the mage on top of the building. That guy only hits like 4-6mobs and place the mage at the top of the map a bit further to the left. Meso gain should be a bit lower but still very good. Expect to get about 3-5m mesos less per hour with 3 mages.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Entry #5

Nobody:
    Absolutely no one:
    Not a single soul on this Earth:

Shivering: I CAN MAKE THIS STRAT BETTER LETS GO.

I started farming 1 channel of harps at the same time with my spare mage. Data below. I'm keeping it separate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Summary:
    • I made 89m in 2 hours or 44.5m/hour for the day.
    • This was bolstered by 2 51/6 craven drops at ulu1. If we take those out we made 68m in 2 hours or 34m/hour for the day.
    • Sellable equips at ulu1: 2x 51/6 cravens, 7/3 warrior OA, 7/3 pirate OA, 6/3 pirate OA.
    • Sellable equips at harps: None and no earring dex 10% either :(
    • Harps is actually way more profitable than I initially anticipated; I was expecting a boost of 4-5m, but it looks like 8m per hour which is quite insane.
    Equips at Ulu1 today:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Equips at Harps:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    What the actual fuck

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    10:26 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Harp nest 2 was kinda hidden way-op map which I really loved and used for years, especially considering in effort putting inside for it. hope you enjoy it :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
  7. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    This man using a 4 mage ulu1 strat and has a spare mage. He's taken magestory to the next level.

8. sandpickle

sandpickle Mushmom

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    8:26 AM
    firepickle
    Magician
    Cucumber
    Pretty sure he has like 8 mages
    2 ch 5-6 leech, ulu1, harp when?

9. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Entry #6

The ulu1 and harp adventures continue. Got 5 hours in since the last entry. Results below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notes:
    • Pretty shitty drops in terms of sellable equips all I got from ulu1 was a 7/3 warrior OA and 103 sparta. I can't really complain after getting 2 51 att cravens in 2 hours yesterday though. The overall results of the 5 hours came in at just under 31m/hr.
    • I learned that the channels you end up farming in is very important in order to get a rotation between harps and ulu1; the channels you end up picking can make or break your rotation so it's important to test the timing across channels of the spawn and pick accordingly.
    • One thing to note is the efficiency of my ulu1 farming has definitely gone down just by looking at the raw meso gains I'm losing about 720k per hour since I started harps from having to manage the extra client (this is just the raw meso portion I'm probably losing a bit more when you factor in that less mobs killed = less gach and less equips and etc).
    • Did some Gachapon; I have been keeping track of how much I've made and it's way way higher than the EV I had been using in the journal. I will present the data once I get more samples since presenting inflated data due to low sample size is a bit pointless
    • [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Care to elaborate? do different channels have different spawn timings? and if so, couldn't you just influence that yourself by resetting spawn?

Sorry I'm not sure what is meant here

11. sandpickle

sandpickle Mushmom

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    8:26 AM
    firepickle
    Magician
    Cucumber
    So every map has a 10 second respawn time, which is why rotations are important in all higher level leeches. In Skele and Petri leeches in particular, their rotations are optimized to kill the most mobs before new mobs respawn. You can always "reset" the spawn by clearing most of the mobs and waiting for the 10 seconds to begin again.

However, each channel has a different "10 second" respawn window. Say in Channel 1, the game checks every 10 seconds beginning at xx:xx:00 to see if the criteria is met to spawn more mobs. Then checks again at xx:xx:10, etc. However, channel 2 will check at xx:xx:01, then at xx:xx:11... You can "reset" the spawn if the spawn looks scuffed, but the game won't reset the spawn on the map until it reaches it's internal xx:xx:x1 timer (in the example of channel 2).

So in Shiv's case, it's important to find an Ulu1 channel that has a respawn at xx:xx:00, and a Harp channel with a respawn either before or after his Ulu1 rotation, so he would look for channels with respawns of xx:xx:09 or xx:xx:02. This way he'll have enough time to either kill the harps and then ulu1, or kill ulu1 then harps.
    This is also why it's difficult to 2 channel farm effectively as you would need to find 2 channels with corresponding respawn timers.

And also apparently these internal timers change each patch

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Thanks I never knew it worked that way! that's very helpful for me in the future if I would have multiple mages

13. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Entry #7

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notes:
    • 3 hours for 99m or 33m/hr. 5-6F where?
    • Sellable equips at ulu1: 50 att craven, 7/3 warrior OA, 7/2 warrior OA
    • Sellable equips at harps: got my first earring dex 10% after 10 hours lul
    • Nerfs soon?

• Like Like x 3
  14. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Entry #8

3 more hours this morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notes:
    • 104M over 3 hours or 34m/hr.
    • 35 gach tickets in 3 hours is pretty nice.
    • Bought like 40m worth of pots today so pot spend is inflated (that's enough for the next 20 hours).
    • Sellable equips at ulu1 include: 103 sparta, 7/3 warrior OA, 7/3 pirate OA, 50 att craven
    • Sellable equips at harps: another earring dex 10%; we now have gotten 2 in 13 hours; it may be doomed.

• Like Like x 3
  15. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Entry #9

Harps are not good enough. Swapped to cornians. Results below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notes:
    • 224m in 6 hours or 37m/hour.
    • I was hoping to be able to sell daggers from Cornians, but it seems like there is no interest unfortunately even at 500k.
    • Sellable equip drops from ulu1: 2x 51 att cravens, 2x perf thief tops, 2x perf thief bots, 1x 7/3 warrior OA.
    • Cornians have a lot of interesting drops: Reinder Milk and Sunset Dew sell for a lot of mesos; in addition the dragon scale drop rate is really nice at about 16 per hour. In addition to this dark cornians also have earring int 10%, earring dex 10%, and OA dex 60% in their drop table. There's also the chance for concertos but I got 1 in 6 hours and it was a 72 att so I won't hold my breath lol.

• Like Like x 5
  16. FCOArlo

FCOArlo Master Chronos

Apr 25, 2020
    USA
    9:26 AM
    Wyman | Salladhor
    Dark Knight
    Katsu
    Where do you put your sweeper for cornians?

17. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I only use 1 sweeper at cornians. I use a 30 second rotation about every 2.5 minutes to collect everything on the map. One thing to note is all my sweepers have max FJ making it a lot easier to collect all of the loot on the map very quickly.

18. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    That's alot of mesos for alot of work / requirements. I stay at goby Foxpat

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  19. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Is there any other specifics to those sweepers? Lots of AP into HP I'm assuming? and constantly FJ and dark sight toggle