1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Should you hp wash?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by s0mething, Jul 2, 2020.

1. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    9:27 AM
    This post is specifically for new players to the server, not established players who have funds to equip a secondary character with int gear.

As a new player, there are many things to consider. One of them being, should I HP wash or not. Before you start stressing out and asking discord users (many of whom will tell you to wash and that you need add 120+ base int), ask yourself what your goal is with this 2003 mushroom game. There are many guides in the forums which dives into different aspects of HP washing, and I will try my best to link the most relevant ones here.

If you don't know what HP washing is, feel free to check out this post by thetavi.

The server also offers a great deal of HP gear, mentioned in akash's post. I'll list them out here:

300 hp from MoN
    300 hp from BFC
    1000 hp from tier 10 ring
    300 hp from 3 pets
    100 hp from ellin ring

In this past anniversary event, we were able to obtain the following items:
    200 hp from event rings (100 each ring)
    100 hp from event glasses

Total of 2,300 hp from non-essential equipments.

Before I go into the pros and cons between no washing at all, moderate washing, and tryhard washing, I would like to point out that you can absolutely participate in a majority of the game's bosses with no washing at all, except for toad, if you have a HB buddy. For Vergamot (level 168 NT boss), it does do 12.5k magic damage, but all attacks can be dodged. For Pink Bean, the server has not released any information on it, at the time of this post, so I do not want to speculate.

If you're curious on what your normal HP would be at specific levels, please refer to chew's HP washing calculator. It's also really helpful to use, if you decide to HP wash.

No-washing at all
    Pros

- do not need to add any base int, which will ultimately hinder your training
    - enjoy casual/tryhard grinding at lower levels and not rely on leech (can cost a lot, mentioned below)
    - do not have to wait 5+ months (for moderate washing) or 8+ months (for tryhard washing) to save enough NX to HP wash and remove your base int

Cons
    - need to rely on HB for bosses like horntail and neo tokyo
    - consume more pots during grinding/bossing as compared to someone who has HP washed
    - need to pay more attention in boss runs since you can only tank 1 hit (careful with the pet auto hp failures as well... FML)
    - obtaining the HP gear, shown above, will be pretty time consuming. However, it's either this or wait months or years before playing your character.

Moderate-washing (5k - 6k clean, ignoring HP equipments)
    By moderate, i'm referring to HP washing with 30-60 base int. since both Pros and Cons of moderate-washing fall in between no-washing and tryhard washing, I won't go into too much detail.

Pros
    - do not have to put in as much effort into farming HP equipments, because moderate HP washing is sufficient enough to replace some of the items mentioned
    - can still grind and do not have to rely on leech to get to 4th job.

Cons
    - the amount of base int you add will hinder your training slightly
    - still have to rely on HB somewhat (depending on how much you are planning to hp wash)
    - will need to vote consistently for a couple of months to gather enough AP resets to Wash and remove the base int.

Tryhard-washing
    Get ready to make that mage, you'll need it to help fund the character you're HP washing. Leeching will cost money. Int gear will cost money. If you decide to save money and self leech, you'll have to get your mage to 4th job first.

Pros
    - survivability in grinding/bossing will increase, because you'll be able to tank more hits
    - can do boss runs without HB, if you wanted to
    - save money from using less pots (yay honsters and/or ginseng roots)
    - can hold down your attack button for a longer period of time. ties back to survivability

Cons
    - character will be unplayable for a while (1+ year maybe?)
    - since grinding is out of the question, you'll have to rely on leech. I believe it's somewhere around 500m to get from level 35-120. Also, I think most high base int players buy leech until 135 or 155. What kind of new player has that kind of money? oh right, one with a mage.
    - you'll have to vote consistently for NX (oof, don't mess that vote streak up) may take 8+ months depending on how much you're washing and how lucky you get with in equips.

CONCLUSION
    HP washing is totally optional. Please think for yourself and do not follow the herd mentality. You do not need 200 base int and make a mage on the side to enjoy/play the game.

If you do decide to wash, please take a look at Selquin's HP thresholds and refer to chew's Hp washing calculator before going crazy and adding 600 base int.

EDIT:
    Free washes/minimal effort washing.
    If you're able to get a Z-helm by lvl 50 and a deputy star by lvl 80 (by completing the quest, not buying), you should be able to get 11 washes by lvl 135 or 15 washes by lvl 155, that's ~188 and ~270 hp, respectively.

If i'm missing anything in any of the sections, please let me know.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. sashie

sashie Mano

Jun 22, 2020
    1:27 AM
    inty
    Magician, Cleric
    thanks for this post, very helpful!

• Like Like x 1
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Conclusion should be:

Should you wash? Maybe. But you should definitely be voting on an alt account if you do decide to wash heavily down the road.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    Agreed. For those who despise playing mages, one alternative would be to vote on another account, as you mentioned, while playing on the unwashed char. This will give the player the opportunity to make money from bossing earlier (zak/cwkpq) to fund the char they're planning to HP wash.

5. trevorng

trevorng Blue Snail

Mar 28, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    12:27 AM
    SuperHuat
    Bowmaster
    Huat
  6. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    12:27 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Basically you should hp wash.

If you wash and and have play with shit damage early on, you will get annoyed (maybe just give up and quit). You are probably under level 100, depending on how far you can tolerate the shit damage. You are probably a few weeks into the game at this point. If you quit now, at most a few weeks gone to waste.
    Who know you actually managed to make it to the other side and have a happily ever after ending. right?

If you dont wash, and happily play until lv135 and decides to start bossing. Now you realise you have to tolerate with shit hp (pot every hit), you will also get annoyed. But you are already lv135, which is probably at least one/two month into the game and you decide to soldier on because you already invested so much. If you quit now, it is months gone to waste.
    But suddenly you realise this will be how you play, until the boss 1 hit you. There is no happily ever after for you, not even lv200.

Or you should just leech. Happy beginning. Happy ending. Welcome to leechstory.

• Funny Funny x 1