1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low SI buff disappearing early!

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by MissingU, Jan 22, 2020.

1. MissingU

MissingU Red Snail

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    Temple of Time
    10:15 AM
    ThisBread/MissingU/DannyHS/Nostalgiax
    Bowmaster
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): Speed Infusion often seems to fall off my buff bar early (sometimes 5 seconds after I get it). I pieced together some short clips of this happening to me in a zakum run earlier today:
    https://youtu.be/zQMK0oyjNjo
    What is supposed to happen?: SI normally stays on the buff bar until it's duration runs out.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?:The first clip in the video was recorded on approximately: ‎Tuesday, ‎January ‎22, ‎2020, ‏‎1:53:00 AM (Server Time)
    However, this has been happening to me especially in Zakum, CWKPQ, and 7F for the past few weeks.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional): I often experience this while training at 7F with a friend's SI mule. While training, it will randomly and simultaneously vanish off of our bars. A couple weeks ago we had talked to a GM about this, but I was unable to get a good video of it until now!

Thank you for your help.

2. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    11:15 AM
    Crusader
    Do you ever use booster in a party with a bucc? When you use booster if SI overrides it, it ends when your booster would have originally. If that's the case, to avoid that you have to end booster before you get SI.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    MissingU

MissingU Red Snail

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    Temple of Time
    Bowmaster
    That actually might explain it!
    Although when I train at 7F I do take booster of my keybindings. I'll have to see if it happens again without having used booster at all.

4. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    8:15 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    You've probably overwritten booster with the SI, in which case the booster's debuff timer stays even with the longer duration of Speed Infusion.

Let's say you use booster. 30 seconds later someone casts SI. The booster's debuff timer remains, so SI will end in 170 seconds because that's when the game believes the buff should be over, even though there should be another 40 seconds of SI at level 11 or 130 seconds at level 20 SI.

If you cast booster after seeing SI go down then that's the reason it debuffs. You'd be better off just asking for SI and leaving booster off the keyboard.

It's a bug, just one people can be mindful of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    MissingU

MissingU Red Snail

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    Temple of Time
    Bowmaster
    Makes sense, and I think that is the cause for sure.
    I appreciate you guys <3

6. seriousgamer

seriousgamer King Slime

Feb 8, 2020
    Male
    11:15 PM
  7. ThePotatoSalad

ThePotatoSalad Windraider

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    4:15 PM
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    For these guys who said "You've probably overwritten booster with the SI", that's possible but not 100% true. Because this bug is exist and has been posted like more than three or four times now.

For me, I used to remove sword booster skill from my key bind. And yes, I have also facing this issue while doing boss runs with SI, somehow the skill will just get removed when you rebuff yourself with other skill or receive other skills from your party member. What I found out is:
    • When receiving skill haste from NL sometime(still have no idea exactly when), the skill haste will remove SI.
    • When I rebuff myself with power stance sometime, the skill will remove SI.
    I even did a test by running nameless with one NL, at the first run I tell him to give me haste normally and at the second run without haste.
    The result is what I expected, at the first run I was forced to rebuff SI multiple times but at the second run I did not need to rebuff a single time.

Is there any chance we can get this issue fixed once for all?

P.S. Can we change this bug priority from low to medium at least? f3

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. magykarp

magykarp Horny Mushroom

Jul 6, 2018
    Male
    8:15 AM
    magykarp
    Backing what ThePotatoSaladThePotatoSalad said, it's been an issue and happening to me for over a year now (though I don't normally have haste when I use my SI mule). There were multiple past threads addressing the issue that were never looked into. I don't even know what causes it since it's inconsistent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ThePotatoSalad

ThePotatoSalad Windraider

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    Good to know I'm not the only one who's receive this bug OnionSweatie.
    Any gm who can reply this thread?

10. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    The incorrect interaction between SI and Booster is a separate issue, the fix for which we may be having in one of the coming patches.

I'm curious about the seemingly random expiration, will require some more testing. Has anyone ever noticed it happening while not training/bossing?

• Great Work Great Work x 1