1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleepywood-locked Challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daydreamer, Apr 26, 2020.

1. xCheesecake

xCheesecake King Slime

Mar 5, 2019
    Female
    7:26 AM
    Bandit
    Oddjobs
    There are actually mobs in Sleepy I can tackle at my current level, I'm also trying to do a little experiment during the grind that seemed to be fitting for this challenge .MapleF2 If possible I wanna see if I can maximise what Sleepy's maps can offer.

I have a plan in mind for my progression which I'll be documenting as I go :thumbsup: I'm in the opposite timezone as you guys though so we might not be able run into each other in-game as much. MapleF12

• Like Like x 1
  2. xCheesecake

xCheesecake King Slime

Mar 5, 2019
    Female
    Bandit
    Oddjobs
    First day of the Challenge.

Sharing some tiny early bits of progress. Nothing much so far since I'm just starting out, adding more as I go.

[​IMG]
    (The adventure begins)

Coming face to face with the first prey.
    [​IMG]
    Currently my plan is to train mainly at Slimes (lv.6), Octopus (lv.12) and Green Mushrooms (lv.15) as they fit nicely into my current level range, and these mobs
    are at an abundance in the Sleepywood forest maps (namely the maps connecting to the entrances from Perion, Henesys, Kerning City)
    which are fairly first-job level friendly with the highest level mob being the handful of horny mushrooms that are avoidable.

On top of that I'm keeping track of how many mesos I can generally earn from these mobs and their drops (still toying with this).

(Hitting well so far)
    [​IMG]
    (First pot drop yay)
    [​IMG]
    (Another pot drop)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This may not seem like a big deal, but Slime bubbles NPC for 50 mesos, which is a lot more than what a single ETC. drop of low level mobs in Sleepy NPC for apart from the Lupin doll which NPCs for 100 mesos.
    Maxing a slot with these yields 10k mesos.

Also Slimes and Octopuses drop omoks that give mesos amounting to 4 Red Potions, or 2 Blue Potions when maxed.
    Taking it steady. MapleF2

(Monster Card score)
    [​IMG]
    ((Suns NPC for 100 mesos so that's a good source of early meso if you're too lazy to give it to the tree))

((This shot is just some random trivia I learned, turns out you can't really land on the platform by jumping off the rope this way, you'll just fall through down to the pit swarming with Jr. neckis.))
    [​IMG]

At the moment I'm trying to preserve the pots I get and only use them in emergencies, (i.e when I'm on dangerously low health, getting swarmed or have to walk my way through mobs to get somewhere)
    The mobs I'm training on don't require a lot of hits to kill, and maneuvering my way to safety is enough to get me by on these maps so far. :thumbsup:

Edit: Pretty much every mob in Vic under Lv. 10 drops Red Pots while mobs under Lv. 20 (but over Lv. 10) drop Red & Blue Pots. With 20 onwards shifting to Orange/White Pots for HP.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bigbutts

bigbutts Brown Teddy

May 31, 2017
    7:26 PM
    bigbutts
    A few of us are still around! More people seem to be joining now and even more after the event! See ya around!

4. xCheesecake

xCheesecake King Slime

Mar 5, 2019
    Female
    Bandit
    Oddjobs
    So I learned some stuff after playing around on the first map.

Got some Ores
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Apparently I can land hits on Horny Mushrooms as well at level 11. They take a little longer to take down but still manageable, and they give about 2.55% EXP.
    [​IMG]
    (The platform at the bottom is a nice safe spot when the shrooms get too close, de-aggro happens fairly quickly to get back up for the kill)
    [​IMG]
    (Elimination one at a time)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (First EQ Drop!)
    [​IMG]
    (Levelled up 3 times)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (Didn't manage to SS the animation for hitting Lv. 12 in time F4)

(1 step away from Lv. 15)
    [​IMG]
    I decided to stop after collecting 50 Green Mushroom Caps, since an hour went by while I was scouring around to get a coordinated feel of the map.
    (Timed right after posting of the previous post)
    [​IMG]
    I didn't make any stops to the sauna or other maps, died a few times and got respawned into town due to some over-ambitious missteps though lol.
    (Final loot)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (<---Mesos after Sauna fee After selling everything--->)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This isn't a perfect run since it's more experimental. My next step is to go to the other lower level Sleepy Forest maps and focus on one specific type of mob for each map. Mainly to test out drops rates and stuff. The map right next to town gives a fairly decent amount of EXP for levelling since the mushrooms spawn fairly quickly (not in swarms, but there's at least a few for you to kill on the platforms that spawn them after each kill) it's also the map with the highest amount of Green Mushrooms in Sleepy.

But for now, I'm taking a break. o<-<

• Like Like x 2
  5. xCheesecake

xCheesecake King Slime

Mar 5, 2019
    Female
    Bandit
    Oddjobs
    Here's some more progress from yesterday.

(Starting Fresh on the next hunt)
    [​IMG]

On to the next territory.
    [​IMG]
    Timed each run at 30-40 mins each to see how much I can get.

(Loot on the first run)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] ---> [​IMG]

(Second run)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] ---> [​IMG]

Turns out that while this map has the highest Slime count, the spawn rate isn't too good to yield much of a profit. Time to check out the other map for Octopus and see how it fares.

• Like Like x 1
  6. xCheesecake

xCheesecake King Slime

Mar 5, 2019
    Female
    Bandit
    Oddjobs
    A little update.

Levelled up!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Octopus seem to have a pretty good spawn rate in this map.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Platforms swarming with some pesky lv. 20+ mobs MapleF4

I was able to time my attacks on some of them. But as of now I don't have the hits to be able to mob efficiently.

I'll be back again soon! Once I hit Lv.20.

Time to head back down to the first map to whack those mushrooms and take on that 99 Green Mushroom quest while I'm at it and report my findings. MapleF2

• Like Like x 1
  7. xCheesecake

xCheesecake King Slime

Mar 5, 2019
    Female
    Bandit
    Oddjobs
    Smooth sailing so far.
    (Level up!)
    [​IMG]

Cleared the 99 Green Mushroom quest in 58 minutes. MapleF14

[​IMG]
    Free 50 White Potions and...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(First scroll drop!)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    MapleF2

(Accumulated Loot)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] ---> [​IMG]
    (For now I'm holding on to the Slime and Octopus etc. drops, game cards and ores until I've maxed all of them out since those mobs spawn less on the map I'm levelling on right now.)
    [​IMG]

Edit: Apparently Slimes spawn better on the first map.

(Turns out I can reach them from here lol.)
    [​IMG]

8. Thup

Thup Slime

Aug 14, 2017
    Male
    4:26 PM
    Thup
    Cleric
    Aincrad
    Ready to start the challenge! any active peoples add me up! Ign iHurt

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. Thup

Thup Slime

Aug 14, 2017
    Male
    Thup
    Cleric
    Aincrad
    1st Quest done and i only managed to die 3 times xP the whole no potion thing is gonna take some getting use too xP
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thup

Thup Slime

Aug 14, 2017
    Male
    Thup
    Cleric
    Aincrad
    Managed to get the 99 Horny mushy quest done thanks to a lovely potion donation by Gallon :D [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. xCheesecake

xCheesecake King Slime

Mar 5, 2019
    Female
    Bandit
    Oddjobs
    Update!

Got quite a few Equip drops
    [​IMG]
    (A sweet 20k worth of mesos)
    The horny mush I killed also dropped another weap that fell off the platform, lucky.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (First archer eq. drop! MapleF14)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Levelled up!! Just 1 more level to go to hit the first milestone.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Timed an hour hunting mushrooms, and the amount of mushroom caps amassed is about the same as yesterday's but I'm still gonna try and aim for 100 Green Mush caps at least in under an hour.
    (Previous Run) (Current Run)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mesos after selling the non-archer equips and the caps + suns
    [​IMG] ---> [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. cobbages

cobbages Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Dec 11, 2019
    Male
    Maple Island
    Clearing
    Bandit
    None
    new(er) residentsleeper ahem
    [​IMG]
    gonna shoot some arrows at some creepy crawlies in tha dungeons. we'll see how far i get with this cuz...bows and mobs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. xCheesecake

xCheesecake King Slime

Mar 5, 2019
    Female
    Bandit
    Oddjobs
    So I decided to time myself hunting mainly mushrooms and slimes (and a few dark stumps that were in the way) until I level up and see how many caps I could gather.

Levelled up at the 1hr 10min mark and killed some more mush/slimes that were spawning around the area close to the portal back to town, totalling to 1hr and 13mins spent hunting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Found some Eqs. I can wear from the hunt!
    [​IMG]
    And something to convert to mesos!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Forgot to hit SS in time before I picked up the skirt MapleF12)

Second scroll drop! MapleF11
    [​IMG]
    (It's nothing big though OnionYes)
    [​IMG]

Final ETC. loot, managed to harvest a little more Green Mushroom Caps than the previous attempts, not much but small steps, I will just have to accept that this is what I can manage at my current level.SlimeCry
    [​IMG]
    After selling caps, suns and the mage top...
    [​IMG] ---> [​IMG]

Now to see if I can take on those Jr. Neckis and return to the map swarming with Octopus.

14. xCheesecake

xCheesecake King Slime

Mar 5, 2019
    Female
    Bandit
    Oddjobs
    Snakes are no longer a threat to me!
    [​IMG]
    Tried killing more Jr. Neckis in the pit of the first map to see how I can fare.
    [​IMG]
    Moving on to the Octopus map to tackle those pesky Jr. Neckis and whack some Octopus, glad to say that I can clear some of these platforms with more ease now, still gotta spam pots for tanking though.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It took me about 18mins to clear all 3 platforms. Spawn rate is pretty good, I can manage these 3 platforms and the pit all the way on the ground, the platforms on the right of the map are still beyond what I can manage for now, but an improvement nonetheless. MapleF2

[​IMG]
    Found a little something while clearing mushrooms on my way up the maps. MapleF11
    (And a Purple Arianne Top but didn't manage to SS it again MapleF12)
    [​IMG]
    (Total mesos and drop so far)

[​IMG]
    Ran into a fellow challenger.

By the way, I'm thinking of changing my character's hair again (Been wanting to since I've been EXPing hair without much luck before I started this challenge ^^; )
    I remember seeing a challenger with the character's hair changed mid-challenge so I was wondering what the concrete rules regarding cosmetics are.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. cobbages

cobbages Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Dec 11, 2019
    Male
    Maple Island
    Clearing
    Bandit
    None
    great work parm!
    cosmetics are allowed so long as you aren't gaining xp or trading any sort of items that would otherwise give you an advantage. otherwise, go for it! OnionListen

• Like Like x 2
  16. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    8:26 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Personal added conditions
    No gach, No run during event, No heavy support getting (regarding on my view).

since I have no mesos to buy MP pot (c'mon, even entering sauna is pain now)
    I did like....

[​IMG]
    throw less than 20 times of L7, kill some mushrooms

[​IMG]
    sit on chair and....

[​IMG]
    do something others in another client, waiting sleepers MP gets full
    and repeat repeat. over and over.

It took 12mins to get sleepers MP refilled, while that period, FP earned like 2m mesos on her client.
    And sleeper is struggled for pot mesos on another client.

I love this irony. So extreme wealth and poverty.

at this point, I noticed my 164 FP mage and lv.20 sleeper gets approx similar %/hrs. OMG LOL

[​IMG]
    I can't remember exactly, but would be approx 8hrs from starting above routine.

[​IMG]
    Finally first gear dropped. was there any time ever I was happy like this for single gear drops?

Sleepers clock goes slowly, but steady.
    No need to hurry anyway.

Since I'm enjoying every moments of this lovely characters ML life.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    8:26 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Personal added conditions
    No gach, No run during event, No heavy support getting (regarding on my view).

[​IMG]
    Just same endless repeating of sitting on chair for 12+ mins, and grinding a minute
    I saw another sleeper was afking aside me.

Sleepers never forget to sit on chair when they're afking.

[​IMG]
    Even when you're alone also.

[​IMG]
    Still bottom of swamp snake is fearful creature.

[​IMG]
    Slowly but steady getting progress. hit lv.22!

[​IMG]
    I'm so surprised for how i can change my attitude so quickly LOL
    What matter was, she was at evil eyes cave, I was in sleepywood, and
    NO ONE had town scrolls.

[​IMG]
    Journey started toward evil eyes cave.
    How fortunate I decided to raise DANK SIGHT earlier than other skills just after L7.

[​IMG]
    DANK SIGHT is dank for sure. :D

[​IMG]
    Thanks a lot yuika! now i can expect myself get out of perv bot-less fashion soon. LOL
    Sorry for rejecting your heavy love with potion, that was too much e_e still appreciate <3

[​IMG]
    And in few minutes (just not to waste regenerated MP) hunting, I finally got lucky. YAY!

[​IMG]
    After fun time conversation It's time to say goodbye.
    As always, meeting nice ppl and spending time together is reason of playing this mushroom game.

[​IMG]
    On way to back to sleepywood. To be or not to be, that's question.

[​IMG]
    Somehow, I entered sauna for first time after being locked myself in sleepywood.
    Time to do my first, and most important gamble in this world.

[​IMG]
    Hope I can make more mesos than I spend, so I can sustain my life here. (no more chair afk e_e)

[​IMG]
    The hunt begins now!

Step by step, goes a long way.

18. Castform

Castform Snail

May 7, 2020
    Castform
    This seemed like a fun challenge, so I've made a character for it. My IGN is Trevenant, say hi if you see me :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    2:26 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 11.31.42.png
    How do I get back in?
    :(
    Are we suffering from shortage of spaces again? I will pitch in for an expansion

• Like Like x 1
  20. bigbutts

bigbutts Brown Teddy

May 31, 2017
    bigbutts
    I’ll BL you if you’re not online but if you are I’ll invite you to the guild! :)
    Here’s discord link
    https://discord.gg/2Rn5bQ
    (expires in 24hours)

• Like Like x 1