1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleepywood-locked Challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daydreamer, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Charles

Charles Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2015
    Male
    Ga
    5:48 AM
    And so it begins:

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 5.36.33 PM.png

• Like Like x 2
  2. Obito

Obito Slime

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    Florida
    4:48 AM
    c7gs
    Islander
    looks like fun! just landed.
    upload_2020-12-1_23-26-52.png

• Like Like x 2
  3. Charles

Charles Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2015
    Male
    Ga
    ObitoObito I'll buddy ya today!

Finally something semi-progress post. Got lucky with a first gacha ticket very early and drop soon after to npc for pots so that hasn't been an issue at all. However my first and only drop I can equip is below average blue jean shorts. Needing some def so badly I think I may hunt slimes until I get a white bandana since they're pretty common. Now that it seems people are starting to pick this up again and I'm in a decent enough place pot wise, I'll start saving drops/gacha y'all might need. Thanks for the holiday fun while I "work from home".
    Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 7.09.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 2.16.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 6.40.45 PM.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  4. TacticalTaco

TacticalTaco Slime

Mar 23, 2018
    Male
    TacoTheBrave
    Assassin
    A new adventure begins! During my travels to level 20 came across 3 magical Gachapon tickets. These I have allowed myself to keep, however I cannot use them to get ahead right off the bat. I need to reach 150K pure mesos before I can use any Gachapon. Also allowed myself to bring 300 Pet food for a companion as I will also be an Ironman and not allowed to trade with anyone, would like a pet to help pick up items, mesos and ect.. But I am not allowed a pet until Level 30 is obtained.

Adventure Begins!
    Adventure Start.JPG
    Olaf puts us over the edge!
    Olaf puts us over the edge.JPG
    The Dark Lord shows us a new path
    Dark Lord shows us the way.JPG
    Our First Drop!
    Our first drop.JPG
    Taco lives up to his name in his first boss battle!
    An Epic battle!.JPG
    A magical item appears!
    what is this..JPG
    Level 20!
    lvl 20.JPG
    Taco rethinks his decision
    rethinking his decision.JPG
    The jump!
    the jump.JPG
    A painful fall rips off all our gear!
    fall rips of his gear.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. TacticalTaco

TacticalTaco Slime

Mar 23, 2018
    Male
    TacoTheBrave
    Assassin
    The Rememberer gives us some gear!
    the rememberer give us some gear.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. TacticalTaco

TacticalTaco Slime

Mar 23, 2018
    Male
    TacoTheBrave
    Assassin
    The Rememberer gives us our first mission!
    first mission.JPG
    Ouch!
    ouch!.JPG
    Half way! Really missing having mana potions!
    half way there.JPG
    Fortune telling! :)
    fortune telling.JPG
    Only took 5-7 kills! And our second equipment drop after a crappy surf board we cant even sell....
    insane luck.JPG
    A happy Taco
    claw upgrade.JPG
    Bad stats but still an upgrade! +3 wep atk and faster speed!
    bad stats.JPG
    Mission Complete!
    mission complete.JPG
    Level 21!
    lvl 21.JPG

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Charles

Charles Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2015
    Male
    Ga
    TacticalTacoTacticalTaco
    Buddied! We are almost to a full party of just new people :)

8. TacticalTaco

TacticalTaco Slime

Mar 23, 2018
    Male
    TacoTheBrave
    Assassin
    Making great progress, finally have some gear upgrades that I can wear! Completed 2 more quests also! I really hate how this maintenance keeps falling exactly on the times I am able to play.... Frustrating but nothing I can do...

Earings sold for a nice price! Need them pots!
    nice drop.JPG
    More quests completed, loving the extra potions!
    Morequests.JPG
    morequests2.JPG

Lvl 25 Gear!
    gear upgrade!!.JPG
    Still a long ways away from equiping this!!
    gear upgrade2.JPG
    Finally a drop I can wear! but at this point was only 10% away from 25 lol... But I like this better than the sneak and almost the same stats, so I will be selling the sneak probably. :)
    gear upgrade3.JPG
    This will sell for a real nice chunk of change!!
    nice drop2.JPG
    Level 25!!
    lvl 25.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  9. Charles

Charles Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2015
    Male
    Ga
    I decided I'm not going to screen shot every drop because I'm lazy and just the stuff I can use.

Summary: Got a few pilfers a long the way to cover pots, had the saddest gach (only active caveman sin is ironman and I can't even NPC), I'm finally not naked, but still only in entirely below average common gear...
    Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 8.21.14 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 6.32.50 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 6.31.04 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 6.34.40 PM.png
    AND THEN quite literally seconds later I didn't get high enough on a ladder bc my wife (yeah I'm kinda old) called and I got distracted rip :(...but still got some decent levels today.

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 6.38.31 PM.png

10. TacticalTaco

TacticalTaco Slime

Mar 23, 2018
    Male
    TacoTheBrave
    Assassin
    Progress coming along very very well! Got a few levels, had a great first gachapon run, and completed more quests! Now that I had enough cash I started doing batches of 100 mana elixir too see how much profit I can make per batch instead of SS every item drop.

First off we no longer have to run around in our underwear! Completed our Pao set!
    no more underwear!.JPG
    Our first batch of 100 elixirs netted us a 81.4k profit! Also put us at our goal of 150k pure mesos for us to unlock Gachapon!
    first batch of 100.JPG
    Our first gachapon was a great success! Had 5 tickets to use!
    first gachapon.JPG
    Gachapon NPCed items literally doubled our cash! Thanks in most part to the level 100 mage shoe!
    doubled our cash!.JPG
    A new quest started and complete! What an amazing reward!!
    evileyestart.JPG evileyecomplete.JPG
    Our first 999 quests completed, I still find it so weird why the second reward sucks so much. This is when as a kid I learned that some things in life are not worth doing! HAH Also noticed a typo in the quest screen for the Z mush, he said we killed 99 not 999.
    h999quest.JPG z999quest.JPG
    Our second batch of 100 mana elixirs netted us a nice profit again! Here are the items
    second batch of 100.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. HouseAuburn

HouseAuburn Capt. Latanica

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    Is it against the rules to sell items to other players for the NPC price? Not that we have a lot of LUK mages but a lot of people 100% would have paid 140k for that guy - the only monster that drops it besides Pap is Squid.

12. TacticalTaco

TacticalTaco Slime

Mar 23, 2018
    Male
    TacoTheBrave
    Assassin
    A huge milestone achieved!
    3rd batch of 100 mana elixir, not the best!
    3rd batch of 100.JPG
    Level 30 Achieved! Time for Second job, and we can also claim our pet now!
    lvl 30!.JPG
    We became an assassin!
    2nd job.JPG 2nd job2.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. TacticalTaco

TacticalTaco Slime

Mar 23, 2018
    Male
    TacoTheBrave
    Assassin
    Sounds like someone wanted to merch our lvl 100 boot! hah

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. HouseAuburn

HouseAuburn Capt. Latanica

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    Actually no, I have a LUK mage and I didn't want to spend days in deep Aqua Road searching for it when I get up in the high 90s MapleF3 But gratz on Assassin! You're leveling faster than mine XD

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Charles

Charles Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2015
    Male
    Ga
    Got a gach ticket that will cover pots for the foreseeable future. Of course later I gach an expensive glove in one ticket on my locked character.

But yeah, job advanced and hit 31 then got tired of my maple freezing every half hour since I moved my computer from my office -_-

EDIT: Oh yeah I'm not in only jean shorts anymore thanks to Taco giving me some lvl 25 archer pants!

Attached Files:

16. TacticalTaco

TacticalTaco Slime

Mar 23, 2018
    Male
    TacoTheBrave
    Assassin
    Some updates/highlights from yesterday's stream!
    lvl 31.JPG
    lvl 32.JPG
    lvl 33.JPG
    lvl 34.JPG
    Level 35 finally achieved! Time to hunt for our new claw upgrade!
    lvl 35.JPG

17. TacticalTaco

TacticalTaco Slime

Mar 23, 2018
    Male
    TacoTheBrave
    Assassin
    I cant believe we passed the 1 million mesos mark! Here are the drops we got along the way that helped us get there, thanks in most to the lucky gachapon we had! :) The batches of items are from using 100 mana elixirs for each session, except for the one where we got 16 drops! that was when I started doing batches of 150 elixirs. Also to encourage if anyone else would like to start the challenge, I will be keeping all the rare weapon drops for new players who may want to start! I will sell to them for the npc price so it doe not benefit me.
    Level 90 dagger from gachapon, sold for 340k at npc!
    nice gachapon.JPG
    batch4.JPG
    batch5.JPG
    batch6.JPG
    batch7.JPG
    batch8.JPG
    batch9.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  18. Charles

Charles Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2015
    Male
    Ga
    Let's see... got some decent levels yesterday thanks to arrow bomb really opening up the dungeon for me and got trolled by a white bandana. Made some more pot money unfortunately no thanks to any gach tickets, realized the insane range of arrow bomb (somehow my first hunter ever in like 11 years of mape-ling), then as a result realized that you can kind of make your build whatever you want when you are dungeon training (pictured, but also advice from other hunters more than welcome keeping in mind the weird map layouts).

EDIT: I got the last laugh at that bandana thanks to Taco finding a level 35 archer hat. That makes my only two archer equips his finds...thanks bud! (Still below average for both so hopefully I can replace them with my own work soon. I've yet to find a male archer equip...)

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 9.42.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 9.42.37 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 7.27.04 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 7.28.50 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 10.44.30 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 10.57.40 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 8.25.04 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 9.06.25 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 9.06.33 AM.png

19. TacticalTaco

TacticalTaco Slime

Mar 23, 2018
    Male
    TacoTheBrave
    Assassin
    Been quite a while but here is an update! Of course the higher level we get the slower to progress. Early in the day before I started streaming we finally got our claw upgrade! It was not the level 35 claw but the level 40 claw, with pretty decent stats 1 above average for Wep Atk! So I decided to leave Cold Eyes and grind out level 40 while hunting for equipment. I had a great stream last night with a ton of drops and highlights! The best one being our very first throwing star upgrade, it was completely unexpected I had no idea it was even a drop! We also got armor upgrades Level 35 thief hat and bottoms. Still hunting for our Level 35 top at curse eyes! We also got a total of 9 Gachapon tickets yesterday! In only about 4 hrs playtime. Nothing too crazy from Gachapon, ended up getting another level 90 thief dagger which we NPCed for 340k again.

Level 36
    lvl 36.JPG

Level 37
    lvl 37.JPG

Level 38
    lvl 38.JPG

Level 39
    lvl 39.JPG

Claw Upgrade!
    lvl 40 claw.JPG stats.JPG

Snowball and Gach Ticket
    snowballs and gach ticket.JPG
    Snowballs.JPG

Level 35 Hat and Bottoms!
    lvl 35 hat.JPG lvl 35 bottoms.JPG

20. TacticalTaco

TacticalTaco Slime

Mar 23, 2018
    Male
    TacoTheBrave
    Assassin
    Here is the picture the moment our biggest grind yet came to an end! I couldnt get a screen shot while it was on the floor when it dropped because our pet picked it up right away! Pulled this from my recording.

Lvl 40 claw drop!.JPG

• Great Work Great Work x 2