1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Beginner Slime's Comprehensive Permanent Beginner Guide

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Slime, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Rokillers

Rokillers Master Chronos

Mar 4, 2017
    Male
    4:11 AM
    Fown
    Beginner
    None
    I can't find the quest in my list of quests... maybe some help? :D

2. OP
    OP
    Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    2:11 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    It requires most of the Ariant quests completed, or well, it requires The Existence of the Secret Organization and The True Identity of the Sand Bandits, and those two require other quests completed.
    I'll edit to include that in the guide, thanks for the feedback! :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. braidgame

braidgame Pac Pinky

Jun 21, 2015
    Pluto
    7:11 PM
    Outside
    Beginner
    Flow
    Phantom Forest: Swamp Bog (Recommend level: lv45 - as long as you want $$$)
    Right bottom has three floors, nice for grinding mesos up to 400k/hr(not include loots) but low exp(120k~150k/hr).
    Here is a video for highest exp (150k per hour guaranteed) trick in this map: https://youtu.be/wmU1jpmnpEg?t=19m18s

You will face three kinds of monsters in this map:

Jr. Wraith lv35
    -occasionally drop Power Crystal Ore[​IMG] , good price in FM selling.

Phantom Tree lv50
    -very annoying but not spawn frequently, drop Phantom Seed[​IMG]very often, a quest nearby need this stuff and maybe can sell in FM but not so good in price(not confirm).

Leprechaun lv45
    -the main mesos grinding object, drop 500~1000 mesos per kill in average(This calculation include two type of transformation kills and occasionally situation for not dropping any money).
    -doesn't move and no magic attack to player, which mean you can kill it without losing any hp, burning less pots.
    -drop Lucky Charm[​IMG] occasionally, can be sold in FM for 20k each or use for doing repeatable quest, which is a boost in exp.
    -also drop some awesome common jobs' equips: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ,which are good for future grinding or questing as a perma beginner.

• Like Like x 4
  4. braidgame

braidgame Pac Pinky

Jun 21, 2015
    Pluto
    Outside
    Beginner
    Flow
    Finally done Finding Jack questline, but the exp shown in guide is changed.
    Level 50 - Finding Jack - 525000 EXP ( Not 170000 exp)
    (Specially thanks go to Glinus for providing me HB!!)
    Proven pic:
    findingjack_cor.png

• Like Like x 3
  5. Rockjh

Rockjh Red Snail

Jun 20, 2017
    Fioz
    Thief
    When I take points out of HP/MP, it -12HP/-8MP instead of -8HP/-8MP. When I add points into HP it adds randomly betw 8-12. I have added around 50 points for zHelm but now that I am washing out back into Str my HP gets lower than initial HP. Also, can I check if beginner can get the Hog mount at level 70?

6. OP
    OP
    Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Hmm, about the HP I'll fix it up in the guide, thanks.
    And about the Hog unfortunately you can't get it, it was planned to be added so that Beginners can have a hog too, but it didn't work when they added it, and hasn't been mentioned since, so I think it might be added in the future.

7. Priye

Priye Mushmom

Jul 20, 2017
    Male
    California
    Priye
    Priest
    Influence
    Thanks for your guide Noam! I'm making a perma beginner for funsies :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nobu

Nobu Mano

Oct 25, 2016
    1:11 PM
    Nobunaga
    Beginner
    Best guide ever! Time to make a beginnor!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Thanks!, go get'em!

10. OP
    OP
    Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Updated~
    Added a boss quest I can't believe I left out, thanks braidgamebraidgame for letting me know!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. Canedaro

Canedaro Mano

Dec 16, 2017
    Male
    Venezuela
    6:11 AM
    Chapulin
    Priest
    I had left Maple a long time ago I saw your guide and I was inspired to play a bengineer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    That's awesome! Thanks for reading and have fun!

13. LovedLactose

LovedLactose Blue Snail

Jul 15, 2018
    Male
    LovedLactose
    Warrior, Page
    Hey thanks a ton for the guide. I made a perma beginner after reading this and it's pretty sick. Something about taking monsters down one by one feels so fufilling. Didn't expect this job to become my main lol

• Like Like x 3
  14. OP
    OP
    Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    That's really awesome, thank you for reading and happy mapling!

15. linhbhvu1999

linhbhvu1999 Snail

Oct 15, 2019
    Male
    Beginner
    Hi Slimes, thanks for the guides. May I have a copy of your guide and translate to my languages for my friend can read it too. Let me know if I can, thanks you!

• Like Like x 2
  16. OP
    OP
    Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    I'm so sorry I didn't reply! Yes! Please do!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blueberry

Blueberry Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    Danix
    Beginner
    This amazing guide has inspired me to play as a beginner. I'm level 54 and I'm not thinking of quitting. SlimeGrin
    I never thought it can be so much fun this way.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. OP
    OP
    Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Awesome! Happy mapling!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Braillynn

Braillynn Red Snail

Oct 22, 2020
    Female
    SitarMaiden
    Beginner
    Playing a Perma-Beginner myself IGN: SitarMaiden. Guide is pretty helpful, thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. Cowbelle

Cowbelle Mushmom

Jul 11, 2020
    Female
    Cowbelle
    Beginner
    Homies
    Love this guide! It was super helpful for me starting out :). Would love to share some of my findings:

equips:
    Toy of 101: level 85 2H-Sword with high atk
    Duck tube [1]: level 50, atk 62-69, 1HBW
    Duck tube [2]: level 100 atk 90, 1HBW
    all of these have the pro that their scrolls are SUPA cheap because no one uses these types of weapons. and the duck tubes are CAYUTE!
    - Scroll pet equips for speed & jump (40 speed and 23 jump is haste), you can also scroll extra pet equips for HP and cycle them out depending on what you're fighting
    - Getting an AFK zak helm run is proooobably the best bang for your buck if you're lookin for an upgrade.

party quests
    If you do end up party questing as a beginner, I would highly recommend learning how to lead or be excellent at the non-fighting parts of each PQ. In my experience, people will not mind your lack of damage if you make the PQ easier on them by doing the other tasks. Aaaand let's be honest, the low level PQs also have their fair share of 200-base-int-people so we fit right in on the damage scale. moral of the story: everyone sucks in their own special way, you can still contribute as a beginner!

also obviously if you are prone to dying in boss fight, pass the lead during that stage ;)

Here are some ways you can be extra helpful during PQs (all of these are p obvious buuuut might as well post em!)
    HPQ: Collecting and placing seeds (duh!)
    KPQ: Be lead so you don't have to collect tickets in first round (but obviously help kill them), if you aren't lead, then be the main jumper for both the combo stages (kitties and barrels)
    LPQ: Clear the teleport box in stage 2, do extra portals in both the dimension stage and the box stage, and know JMS like it's your JOB suoer extra: provide all cures in boss fight for those who may not know to get them
    EPQ: in the pink potion stage, carry the potions over to the thorns, memorize all routes for the jump quest, provide all cures during boss fight. take care during the marble capture stage as the poison makes it hella easy to die!
    OPQ: grab the music in Lobby, understand Sealed Room combos, do the dark room in the Lounge, know the platform sequence for Storage (and repeat after each cellion killed), mark plats in On The Way Up, place stone pieces before boss, provide all cures
    MPQ: find the letter in stage 1, fill up the beakers in stage 3, stage 6 help solve for the last person's combo]
    PPQ: Be party lead to collect the marks in the 3rd stage, understand the keys and the secret portals, be careful of breaking the pots while attacking monsters :)

APQ: [admittedly i still do not lead this because i'm pepega] almost every stage can be done without much damage, but during the satan marathon stage (what is it actually called??) find a Ratz friend and put your body on top of them so you only take ~5 damage instead of 300 from the lava eruptions

training (or not)
    - When training gets too mind-numbing, card hunting is a great activity to break it up and the tiered rings give you that sweet sweet extra HP.
    - if you need an income stream, getting married and selling apples can be a good way to keep a steady flow goin
    - having a pet auto hp on has saved my booty so many times, would 100% recommend!!

having so much fun on ml and glad to see a lil revival of beginners lately!! thanks Slime for the great guide and inspiration

• Friendly Friendly x 2