1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Snake Leather

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Annolis, Aug 9, 2016.

Should Red Flower Serpents drop Snake Leather?

Poll closed Aug 16, 2016.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    5:40 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    In Mu Lung, the map Where the Sky Forest Ends is the only map that spawns Blue Flower Serpent. These spawns are the only creatures that drop Snake Leather. The Red Flower Serpents do not drop Snake Leather. But the spawn ratio is about 10 Red to 1 Blue, and the Snake Leather is an uncommon drop - making any quest requiring the accumulation of Snake Leather a bit of a nuisance. Later versions of MapleStory dealt with this by introducing a new map that had a spawn rate of 10 Blue to 1 Red. Later, they compensated by having the Red Flower Serpents drop Snake Leather, too, given both are serpents.

I suggest having the Red Flower Serpents drop the Snake Leather at the same rate as the Blue Flower Serpents. It just doesn't make any sense to clear so many Red Flower Serpents just to get about 4 to 5 Blue Flower Serpents to spawn on the map, and to do that about 4 times before even 1 Snake Leather drops. The rarity of this item versus the benefits that it gives are not equivalent.

2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    2:40 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Snake area also has blue snakes and is actually a decent map to grind on.

3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    6:40 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Uh... as far as I am aware, both kinds of snakes should drop snake leather, and I believe there are two maps, aren't there? One should have mostly blue snakes, another mostly red snakes?

4. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    I think you deserve an award for the most petty suggestion.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    They already drop them.
    [​IMG]

6. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I just got one. I grinded on those for quite some time and they never gave one. My bad!

7. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Negative, that came out on a later version than v.62. I think it was probably v.75 that had the second map.