1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing crashes with 'Unknown Error'? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

So they remember

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EnkiDU, Nov 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. EnkiDU

EnkiDU Mano

Oct 10, 2018
    Female
    11:42 PM
    Dragon Knight
    Fixed power shooting is a method of aiming using the same power level every time. By simply changing your angle you can hit different parts of the screen. There are several methods of fixed power shooting, and there are also fixed angle shooting methods and even one that has you change both angle and power for different shots.

I prefer fixed power shooting because it is accurate, it involves calculations (which I find fun, you might not), and because changing your angle isn't as subtle or tricky as changing your power... any dummy can correctly change his angle if he follows the formula, while not every player can accurately alter their power by exactly the right amount to make an important shot.

The following chart shows the fixed power method I prefer, which I call the cbchui method. Imagine the screen divided evenly into 30 parts. In 0 wind, angle 60 hits 1 screen away, angle 90 hits yourself, and the thirty angles in between hit different parts of the screen in between.

You may be wondering about what happens in other winds. For teaching purposes we'll deal with zero/one wind first. Later I'll explain how to adjust for wind.

NOTE: Some of the power levels may be inaccurate. The power shown on the bar is probably more correct than the numbers on the right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is the result of a typical shot (in 0 wind conditions) using the fixed power method of aiming. At the bottom you can see a copy of the cheatsheet I have taped under my monitor. You can't see how I arrived at angle 67 just by glancing at this pic, but keep reading and you'll see it later. For now notice 2 things: The red power you see on the power meter is more or less exactly the power I use when I talk about "2.4 bars". I put the silver 'slider' right at the 2.4 bar mark, doing this makes it easier to drag or slice to the exact level of power you need. The other thing you should notice is that the distance for an angle 80 shot is also marked as the distance to make a good angle 75 SS at 1.9 bars.

[​IMG]
    Now you can see more clearly how I chose angle 67. I use right click while I'm waiting for my turn to come up and move the display around so that I am perfectly lined up with the left side of my screen/cheatsheet. Then I look to see what angle bigfoot is sitting on top of. Obviously if I'm shooting left, I mentally reverse everything.

In this case the enemy is between angle 65 and 70, but closer to 65, so I chose angle 67. Because bigfoot is below me, I know that 67 might land a bit past him. If I want a really good hit I must either shoot with a bit less power than usual or else try angle 68. I was afraid 68 would land too far in front of him, so I went with less power. It might sound like a guy would have to be nuts to be this precise, but it's not like that. I don't usually worry about how many pixels of power I put into a shot, just in this case I knew the hit had to be perfect to kill, so I really had to focus on getting just the right power level. I blew it by a few pixels but it's still a nice shot. Normally I just use the exact same power for all shots.
    Soon the Gunbound will always be in wait