1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

SP Resets between Jobs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Annolis, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    1:03 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Allow SP resets to move SP from higher job skills to lower job skills.

A couple years ago I had no idea how debilitating a Crossbowman would be if it had Final Attack. When I went to remove them using SP resets, I found I had no where to put them because all my other 2nd Job Skills were maxed. So I still have 8 SP in Final Attack. Now that I'm taking my Sniper up to Level 85, I can't stress this enough - that Final Attack is annoying as hell! OUTRIGHT OBNOXIOUS!!

If I had known this was going to happen, I would have placed those 8 points into my 1st Job Skill: Focus. But neither the 1st Job SP Reset nor the 2nd Job SP Reset can allow for this. I've even wasted Vote Cash on a 3rd Job SP Reset and a 4th Job SP Reset to see if any of them would work, and not one will. I would be willing to pay Donor Cash to have them moved. I did experiment and put a 3rd Job SP point into a 1st Job Skill, then used a 3rd Job SP Reset to move it from the 1st Job Skill I put it in and moved it to the 3rd Job Skill I wanted. So if it's possible to move your SP up to the Job they're supposed to belong, why can't we go the other way?

If recoding the SP Resets is impossible, how much would it cost extra for the Admins to reset my SP manually?

[EDIT / UPDATE: Check the end of the thread, there is an explanation for how to move the SP from one job level to another]

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 2
  2. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    4:03 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    make final attack toggleble like in unity ;3

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Bumping to keep in top 10 Newest Threads for greater exposure.

4. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    4:03 PM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    This is planned to be looked at by our client developers after finishing current task.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. jparkwarrock

jparkwarrock Red Snail

Jun 24, 2017
    Male
    vestager
  6. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Bump for visibility.

• Like Like x 3
  7. QueenOfSin

QueenOfSin Red Snail

Oct 26, 2020
    Female
    10:03 PM
    QueenOfSin
    Assassin
    I'm also curious about this. Would it not work if I put 2nd job points into 1st job and decided to reset it back to 2nd job?

8. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    I think in order to do this they would have to remove the current job/class skill SP resets and make an entirely different reset scroll.
    but then doing that people could just reset their "Final-Attack" to any other jobs SP that they would want to add them too.. which would be kind of broken if you ask me. Reseting a 2nd job skill ex: "Final-Attack" to any 3rd job skill for Archers/Warriors..

But its up to the balance team to choose what to do with that sort of stuff.

9. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    8:03 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters

I would imagine it only being allowed to go down a job instead of up. So 2nd job skills can only go to first job. Nevertheless. I’m excited and really looking forward to this change!!

10. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    4:03 PM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Current SP reset should function like that already. Eg. If you put a 3rd job SP into a 1st or 2nd job skill, current SP resets can take that SP point in the 1st/2nd job skill and reset it into a 3rd job skill. However what currently doesn't work is being able to reset a 3rd job SP into 1st or 2nd job skills. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    That's not how it would work. 1st Job AP can only be placed in 1st Job skills. 2nd Job AP can only be placed in 1st and 2nd Job skills. 3rd Job AP can only be placed in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Job AP skills, and so on.

12. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    That is currently how it works. I've moved 1st Job AP to 3rd Job AP if I put that AP into a 1st Job skill. But I cannot move it the other way.

• Like Like x 1
  13. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    10:03 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Any update here? Other people seem to be having the same issue

14. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    I think a custom thing could be added in from the Job Advance NPCs that could trade in SP Reset scrolls of that job to revert/return that point?

• Creative Creative x 2
  15. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    I guess I did my update on a different thread, but since someone recently "Agreed" with my post, I'll update what someone told me to do to make this work...

1st: Take new SP and place it into the LOWER job skill you want. (e.g. in my case I put fresh 3rd Job SP into Focus, a 1st Job skill)
    2nd: Use an SP reset for the Job Level you wish to place the SP into [it must be higher than the Lower Job skill you just put the fresh SP into] (e.g. in my case, I used a 3rd Job SP Reset because I want to put SP into a 3rd Job Skill)
    3rd: Remove SP from the HIGHER job skill you wish to deplete (e.g in my case, I took out SP from Final Attack, a 2nd Job Skill)
    4th: You should be able to place that SP into a HIGHER job skill (e.g. in my case, I put SP into any 3rd Job Skill)

By putting fresh 3rd job SP into a 1st Job Skill, it allows you to move an SP out of any 1st or 2nd Job skill to put back into a 3rd Job skill. This is the slightly complicated way to rearrange your 1st and 2nd job SP skills around without losing any 3rd Job SP placements.

• Friendly Friendly x 3