1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Staff changes & Additional info: February 2022

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:48 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello all!

We are happy to announce additional staff changes that have occurred. Like I've mentioned in the previous thread, we used to do these on Discord, but from now on they will be on the forums for better transparency.

Last thread we mentioned that we added two extra staff members to the team. We are happy to announce they have both shown their skills and contributions towards the staff, and are being promoted to full-fledged Game Moderators. They will now be able to assist with bigger responsibilities and assist even further by doing so. We thank them very much for the help they have already done, and more to come.

We have an additional member added to the team.

Holp - Holp is a new addition to the balance team, and will help us out with the endless work and debates when it comes to improving this ancient game's never-ending balance issues.

Notice about next patch:

We are still working extremely hard on the upcoming patch. As we stated previously, the wedding scripts will be completely refactored, which will hopefully improve how weddings as a whole will function.

We have a ton of client edits coming up, one of which will hopefully get rid of White Scroll accidental usage for good, along with some other improvements.

We have also heard feedback about the single clicking functionality and will have an option to either disable it, make it work like v0.67+, or have our edited version (which adds single click merchant). Disabling it would revert back to the classic double-clicking.

We also refactored quite a lot of code from our client mods, which essentially means for you, as a player, that the game client will boot much quicker upcoming patch.

Hopefully, it will be stable for everyone, but this is how stable it is for me in a busy FM:
    [​IMG]

While we would love to show another tease, for now we'll leave you all hanging so you can speculate what all our changes will be.

Of course, we are also still working on the event itself as well. Thank you as usual for your patience.

WE ARE STILL RECRUITING!

We are still recruiting additional staff members. Our current focus is finding someone that can help us organize, lead, and bring up ideas for events.

Like we've mentioned in this thread, we are still looking for an event planner since we have not been able to find someone yet to fill this space.

Are you an absolute lover of events, have wonderful and unique ideas, or think you have a strong ability in leading a team? Please create a staff application and provide what you are able to contribute as an event planner.

I am also still looking for a pixel artist. I know I've spoken with a few people in the past. I am sorry for not getting back to you as I was busy and not feeling the greatest. If you are a pixel artist and wish to help create wonderful and unique things for MapleLegends, please create a Staff Application on the forums.

If you've done this before please bump up the thread again, and if we spoke in past on Discord please feel free to bump it again and let me know you are still interested in helping out.

A pixel artist in MapleLegends may be "tasked" with the following:

- Editing existing map assets to make them HD-client compatible (looking for most right now!)
    - Creating potential custom NPC's / Monsters for events
    - Creating customized items (ex: diff vote cash tickets assets)
    - Making the pixel art look similar to the style MapleStory uses, so it doesn't look out of place

Digital artist? Feel free to still apply if you are interested!

Please note you are always free to apply for any position even though we do not have it listed here. We are not looking for developers though, but feel free to apply for other available positions such as GM.

Congratulations everyone, as well as thank you all for your patience. Hopefully we'll be able to provide another patch soon enough once everything is ready.

• Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    5:48 AM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    DARK MODE FOR FM WHEN

• Disagree Disagree x 2