1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Stews and 6 month expiration date

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Yook, May 23, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    Yook

Yook Red Snail

Jan 18, 2020
    8:11 AM
    Hermit
    Thank you for your explanation, Nise.
    I'm guessing this change being reverted back is not possible at the moment, but I do have additional questions:

1. For players taking a long break (not having read about the addition of expiration date on stews) and coming back after their stews expired, did they simply waste time doing the Halloween event for stews, since they never had any chance to use their stews within the added expiration time?

2. You mentioned newer players would always have to buy from older players if the stews don't expire. But won't there be future Halloween events where newer players can obtain stews themselves instead of buying from older players?

3. Finally, for stews being 1 by 1, it is indeed inconvenient to transfer them. Would it be possible to just mention expiry date on stews' description text instead of making them a unique item right now, and implement the actual expiration to stews closer to the date mentioned, so they can be bulk traded right now?

2. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    9:11 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    3. I actually like the suggestion for number three... hmm... Not sure how feasible its implementation is though, so no official comment on this :p

2. That's assuming we rehash stews :p We try not to force ourselves to bring back certain items, if we do bring it back, it's on our own terms. While as if it became best-in-slot, we would be forced to bring it back. (balancing is complicated right??? so many things to worry about T-T)

1. I can't remember if that was 2018 halloween or 2019 halloween, but crafting stews gave a lot of exp. So the stew was more so a by-product (or was intended to be a by-product). Please correct me if I'm mixing up the halloweens... my memory is really bad

3. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    2:11 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    With an eye on. Looking at / focussed at

That's a very strong point (it was 2018). People would get their new characters from level 7 to level 50 in a day without moving a single step on that character.

4. fredaaaaa

fredaaaaa Brown Teddy

Jun 25, 2017
    8:11 PM
    Promise
    I think you got me wrong here so I wanted to correct it.
    For the chair example, I was referring to it from a new player's POV.
    An old player has event chairs that fetch a promising amount of mesos is like an unfair advantage to them. Because these are event exclusive and there are limited supplies of it.
    While I do agree chairs are for aesthetics, I just wanted to bring up the example to express frustration as an older player. Everything else that we spend time to work for can be deemed as an unfair advantage.

I'm not here to argue that stew should not have an expiry date or it should be here to stay. I understand the rationale presented by the staff. I also know that when ML wants to remove smth from the game, the decision won't be changed.

Perhaps the team can look into the suggestions given upon the announcement of expiry dates, like this:
    I personally would like to suggest an extension of the expiry date and align it with the new witch stews in Halloween 2020 if it will be back. At least let us have enough time to use them up MapleF2

5. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    8:11 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I agree that bears were more of a free item since only 1 person needed it but I still think ciders accomplish the same exact thing. The only thing that happened was moving the burden of attack pots from 1 person to the whole party. If that was the goal then I agree it's accomplished but it sounded more like staff wanted less attack pots and I don't think ciders stacking to 5 accomplishes that. If all of the attackers bring in 6-8 stacks of ciders (which I think all classes have enough use slots) then they can get 20 attack for the majority/all of 2 runs. In the end I agree ciders have slight disadvantage to bears but with ciders stacking to 5 I don't think it's any different than before for the average HT group.

About stews: I also think we should remove the expiration date for now but change the description in some way so people know it's expiring and then wipe them when that date comes. It's not very fun dropping and looting stews 1 by 1 now to transfer/sell/buy them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    lol gm crazy put an expiration date on a stew when used to not have an expiration. Next will have account expiration date? my account will decay if I don't log in for 6 months?

I think a better way would be to add a 40wa pot with 6 months expiry every event so that new players don't need to buy from those Lvl 99 stew farmers
    and create new stronger bosses like chaos hortail, papulatus, zakum etc so att pots will not be so op.

7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    5:11 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Hey man this is a really good idea i think you should make a post in the suggestions section.

8. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    hey man can you help me out gm remove my posting rights and don't want respond to my appeals

9. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    2:11 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Why not making old stews don't expire and the new ones from the next halloween (or another potion that does the same on another event) could expire.Having 2 items that do the same but have diffrente slots shouldn't be an issue, my all cures say so