1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Storage on Maple Island

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Salt, Jan 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    6:41 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    rather den adding storage keeper,
    why not add shops inside maple island, that sells some of these exclusive items?

I do not have an islander, thus some inputs will be really needed here.
    - Adding 100% scroll shops (such as those from kerning, ellina, orbis, leafre and ludi) while keeping their original prices.
    - Selling bathrobes in maple island. Considering creating custom bathrobes here to lvl 30, so only the dedicated islanders have access to this.
    - consider selling exclusive claws too, and perhaps lock them to beginner-only, so they will not be useful outside of maple island. (this one will probably need lots of consideration however, as it might affect the islander's game play negatively)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:41 AM
    Moderator Post
    Adding custom NPC's for each of these exclusive items look way more out of place than just a storage keeper would.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Mostly for fashion, because there are times I wanted a non NX weapon on my islander (pig suitcase ty)

Most of the items that can be, if possible used for washing would be maybe lvl 0 weapons or low lvl gear (even then lvl 5 or so?)
    I would feel about "smuggled" or "storaged" items as cosmetics in some way, yes there would be items that give speed, like bathrobe, shoes or more weapons... but even then most of those are lvl 20/30+

Basically this, the easy fix for all the problems that islanders ever will have is giving us some kind of storage, such that we don't feel de-attached from possible events (having to work more on including islanders into the event)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. kitsunychang

kitsunychang Horny Mushroom

Feb 26, 2018
    Female
    Dangerous Forest, Rainbow Street
    6:41 AM
    KitsunyChang
    Islander
    Southperry
    idk all of this seems unnecessary, it would make early levels for new players way too easy with high atk weapons and speed equips
    I know its just to even the playing field but we shouldn't have to change the island because of cheaters. Cheaters should be excluded from our guilds if we cant get them banned no cap SlimePolice

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    we can have one for scroll and one for EQs. having 2 imo isn't that out of place.

or u can juz take out the scroll, and just leave one for EQs

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Imberos

Imberos Horny Mushroom

Nov 20, 2018
    12:41 PM
    Liffon
    Priest
    after reading the suggestion i would like to share my thoughts aswell.
    i really like the idea of achieving items as an islander, like grinding for scrolls, shoes, surfboards and stuff. i think this is the main thing of being and islander (otherwise just go normal beginner right?).
    BUT!!! and there is a huge but! this is only possible until some point of the game, around level 25. after that point u CANNOT improve character which leads to a kinda pointless mushroom grind. i strongly believe islanders should have more content.
    At the beginning of ML islanders could participate in events and get items to help them improve their char as they continue to level up. with that out of the way, islanders are left with nothing, needing to beg for a lvl 30 Xmas tree or Xmas lighting.

the solution should be adding content for islanders during events. i dont think giving them the opportunity to transfer their gear to the island is the way to go. the way to go is giving them the way to earn better equipment (like snowboards, hats, ranged weapons etc) at events or anything.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. sheepes

sheepes Mushmom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    3:41 AM
    sheepes
    Chief Bandit
    Additional suggestion if it’s possible:
    So that previous work is devalued and so that people who intend of get off the island can’t speed through the quests: is it impossible to somehow lock a NPC to be inaccessible until a certain level? Maybe make the NPC clickable when you’re level 10, since that’s when most HP washing gear is equippable?

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  8. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    I'm a new islander too!

I had a long holiday break, and was able to push lvl 1 - 40 in less than a month before the xmas event exp boost.

upload_2021-1-6_13-32-38.png upload_2021-1-6_13-31-53.png

A storage would be cool!! :heartbeat:

I was rather excited for the grind to get the "original islander event items" !!

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/islander-community-thread.5922/

-- This massive list was posted for the Mega Islander Thread, and got me hoping that I could grind them too!

-- Below are the events that had +70 event items that were removed or unobtainable for islanders now-a-days.

- Anniversary Event
    - Christmas Event
    - Halloween Event
    - Valentines Event
    - Summer Event
    - Mai's Monster Problem (Summer Event Islander Quest)

I'm not saying freebies either, but if a Storage Chest can solve it all, then that would be great!

If I had to grind 999 of each island monster for a random chance at any of the mega list event items, I would be so happy that there's at least a chance.

But, since there are smugglers that messed things up since the 2018 islander events... or so I've read about...

I'm all for Storage Box...
    If that is easier to implement than a Mai's Monster Event-style that gives out 1 random past event item from the big equips list above per try, like the Hair/Eye repeatable quest.

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Instead of implementing permanent changes to Islander/Purist gameplay, why not give Islanders more opportunities to earn exclusive non-Islander content through GM-hosted community events?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    No good; a user would simply use a higher level islander mule to transfer for their new char, bypassing this check entirely.

I have no stake in the islander game, but it sounds like the issues are new islanders being unable to obtain old meta event items and smuggling of legal (but not legitimate) and illegal items like bathrobes. A storage npc negates those issues, but is basically the "anything goes" approach. A way to allow for attaining of old event items, either limited to matching event period or anytime combined with actual policing or self-policing for illegal items preserves much of the "sanctity" of the island. Perhaps custom, but a "special item npc" that allows for direct trading for these items with meso or event currency can even that field (provided attimainment of the items would not impact the outlands).

If the purity of the island is called to question allowing old event items, illegitimate items, or illegal items, would what extent do they hurt the other players? Would there be some level of discrediting by the community if a user werent islanding "right" by making use of illegals? If these are allowed, would it simply create two factions of "purists" and "modern" islanders? Dunno. I think I'd lean to the side of wanting to keep the island clean, but provide ways to even the field with event items.

If the playerbase wants some shiny new toys to play with though, that's a different story. Its a topic that I think has been touched upon but not directly asked.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    You don't have to get the "best" gear, nothing will change really in terms of "meta" people will still go for speed over anything else. If someone transfers a +20 att cape what are they gonna do with it? out dps me at mushrooms? Storage opens up more slots to put speed into and also ways to use different types of equipments, for example +10 from bahtrobe, +10 from icarus cape, +10 from shoes and +14 from pet equip that's already over the cap (140) without a speed weapon. With storage old forgotten items will get more love, like who uses "Glowing Whip" offisland? barely anyone, it would be cool to see some love for items that are barely used and are often seen as "junk". You also don't have to worry about mesos for these items as they are currently very cheap to buy in FM or fairly easy to obtain from gachapon. I get about 20 gach tickets a day from grinding for a few hours, any new islander can obtain gach tickets and make/save mesos to buy whatever item they desire.

Storage would also help to bring in new people that just wants to try it out and having equips sure helps. Right now with the Christmas event we can collect presents so a lot of people make sin mules and party up at henesys hunting ground etc. Don't you think some of those would had made an islander instead if they could get a decent amount of speed? I'm gonna be honest with you, I used to be against the idea of storage on Maple Island because of selfish reasons like "Oh I don't want x item to get added" Or "I don't want these other people to all have the same items as me". Now I believe that everyone should be able to get access to the items that they desire. It helps create goals for people to actually grind, I know some that wants to get to lvl 70 on their islander just to wear spectrum googles.

It's time for islanders to progress along with the rest of this beautiful server instead of being left behind in the dust. Things changes, we had our fun "vanilla" island and it's not even close to that anymore. It's time to adapt and welcome a new era of islanding (that's already here due to smuggling).

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I don't believe the addition of an islander storage would discredit current islander acheivements, but will add a lot of freshness to the island, that we haven't seen in a long time. Most veterans are quite inactive/play very little because of what little incentive there is to currently play. If the status quo is left as is are they suppose to just become trophy characters?

The two biggest servers to play islander on have gone the same route with only allowing limited items be obtainable through events. And although Legends has been incredibly generous with what they have included in seasonal events & custom events, the inconsistency & lack of meaningful new items hurt the community in the long run imo. Items like super snowboards, greenstrap shoes, & 3rd anniversary hat are best slot items that have only appeared once. Maple cape (with speed) was introduced in the 1st and 2nd anni event, but disappeared until the 5th anniversary brought it back (who knows if it will be in the 6th?). The white mouse kit was introduced in the 2020 Lunar Event, which is the only non expiring face item on island that also gives 6-8 speed. This would be another OP item if it doesn't make a return this year, or disappears during any future event. The people who have these items already are likely locked into these specific equips due to their stats, meaning that any new items added are generally not even worth the time to get. The 3rd anniversary hat is a hat with 11 speed & 6 jump, meaning you literally can't even smuggle a better slot hat unless you start chaosing bone helms. To reiterate, the items listed above are so OP, that there isn't much you can add to top said item for it's slot, resulting in a huge devalue to 90% of events for veteran islanders.

The issue above has coined a phrase in our community that we call eventlanders as a joke. Most people only play during events as events are the only stimulating content islanders have & only way to obtain new items. Unfortunately this means our community only sees spikes in activity during events. Even more unfortunate is that the event has to offer something completely worth wild, or most established islanders don't even both to participate. The addition of a storage on the island makes me hopeful that we could establish a small, but more stable & consistent community that we have yet to see happen as any active hype we have diminishes when an event ends.

I was a huge hene hoe before I got into playing islanders. Rare all job items were something I always enjoyed collecting, and loved that I could actually use them when I first started Islanding on GMS. There are a lot of all job items that have no significant purpose in the game that an islander would be able to use due to the range requirement being extremely low and easy to obtain. The addition of a storage would offer scrollable items + more speed items that can be mixed and match to utilize different equip slots (Not being in being locked into a specific item like the 3rd Anni Hat). The beginner claw was a huge hit with islanders, but came with a few problems (Auto Ban/Low Range). Items that would be available through methods of storage would help give lower level islanders the stats needed to not instantly get auto banned + have a somewhat useable range without being a somewhat high level.

Although the meta for a new islander can be annoying, there certainly is a lot a new islander can do to boost their speed + att. The max speed you can obtain with 60% scrolls on a pet equip is 14, which isn't unreasonable to get considering the price of pet scrolls. The cashshop holds two weather buffs that are also quite good for islanders. The soccer fever weather gives +20 speed & jump & the birthday bear weather gives att. Some items available on island natively are the gomushin, 10% shoe jump, and the surfboard. Gomushin are at max 3 speed clean and if you pass 1 scroll (which isn't hard to do), the shoe will be at 4 speed. Additionally the surfboard that drops from slimes is an incredibly OP item that wasn't an original maple drop. The high att of a surfboard + the att speed + the polearm multiplier of the item makes it incredibly OP on the island, especially early on (Give the alternatives would be a the Double Axe or Purse). With all of this together you are looking at 38 speed an a weapon that is on par with the super snowboard minus the speed & att + the benefit of the att buff, making it quite easy to 1 hit everything in a day or 2 of play with no event help, varrying on RNG.

If an islander storage were to be added, I think it could replace the game NPC, as we would be able to just transfer the items to make them through storage, and transfer it back. Additionally, we would also be able to get use out of the gachapon tickets as we could transfer anything useful we get back to our islander through the storage.

Thank you for reading my Ted Talk.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. sheepes

sheepes Mushmom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    sheepes
    Chief Bandit
    Good point. I have no other suggestion to counter this aside from raising it even more so that it's at least harder to do this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    I think an NPC should be implemented that have rotating items, much like a gachapon would or something this way it would encourage some islanders that have a main play their islander to some extent because whenever I made a mule and change channels for crates to get the chair every channel was a ghost town, there were about 1 or 2 players there but they were doing quests just like I was and leaving the island.

Having an NPC that has a wheel would probably entice players with an islander be like "Oh, the randomized 500~1K meso roll (is a idk..) red white-bottoms?" POG lets go try to attempt that and it would change every now and then as the 'top' reward.

But I'm not sure, I would make an islander myself if it had things rewarding to get instead of smacking mushrooms and not socializing with other players, because to be real.. I never ever seen any Southperry guild members while being on the island.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Tonbori

Tonbori Blue Snail

Jan 7, 2021
    This might be an unpopular opinion but I wouldn't mind if all of the smuggled items were purged. In exchange, I think it would be nice if Islanders were given more opportunities for items through events and/or quests.

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I wonder if purging them all is even possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    good luck, we would need a GM thats specifically recruited to do community events for islanders lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Another personal benefit I would see (again, this is not under discussion yet so it's my own thought...) on unlocking more for islanders is no longer the need for endlessly locking islanders away from events and other content released, because of OP concerns. Although I guess islanders still wish to progress their items. Example, let's say a Red Whip they prefer having to work for the red whip and not some random event item that is equally as strong or even stronger that is from an event with a much lower level req.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Good point, with storage and access to "any item we want", the staff team would no longer have to worry about making changes to events for islanders. We can instead be included like everyone else without restrictions.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  20. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    what about custom/event bosses in island? xD

probably will make maple island not very true to GMS, but having content is probably pretty nice.
    preferably not one with timer like crow/anego/mushmom however, so one doesnt feel too stress about it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.