1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Storage on Maple Island

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Salt, Jan 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    10:05 PM
    Why not also make a boat to go to Maple Island to visit as a higher leveled character as well? Adding in a storage, having other people visit the island would be like revisiting home and same with opening Free Market.

This is just a suggestion though.

For me I don't really see the point in making an islander other than making the game harder to play with the small amount if experience gain each level, I'm just a sweaty Night Lord main.

Edit: whoops forgot to edit this one, yeah i agree that this would be a bad idea as stated below on my next post
    OnionMercy

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    6:05 AM
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Doesn't even have/play an islander, making suggestions for islanders. Aight. We don't need your suggestions about something you got no insight about, it adds no value to this thread.

• Like Like x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    I mean, I wanna be able to visit home don't need to be salty bruv.

Edit: not this one

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    1:05 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    We ain't tryna have mule story with an HS, SI, SE, & HASTE mules. OnionScared

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Okay, I see what you mean. Sorry about my suggestion lol

Edit: If island gets storage I'll join you guys, if you guys would accept me. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Oahu

Oahu Mixed Golem

Mar 4, 2017
    Male
    Maple Island
    Oahu
    Islander
    Southperry
    We welcome all with open arms!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    2:05 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I'm not really knowledgeable about Islanders, but the crux of the argument seems to be:
    • Access to event equips that would make the meta more fluid, rather than stale (?)
    • Access to important stats aka pet equip for speed/jump
    If someone is kind enough to list out the specifics, wouldn't it just be easier to incorporate these into the drop table for some of the Island mobs?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Yes, that would sure help but it will still probably not be enough. I bet some will have issues with custom drops for islanders, also it wouldn't be enough for some. If x item doesn't drop people will keep asking for new items. I honestly think that storage is just straight up the best idea to help grow the islander community. Help us get included for more events that doesn't have to be edited for us. Storage will also make "junk" items used and make islanders spend meso/interact with the servers economy. Hopefully with acces to "any" item we want, islanders will now also stop bother the staff team with suggetions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    I just created my islander character just now and since you're mentioning pets..

I think an npc should sell pet food as well, I'm not really sure if one already sells pet food if not that would be great :D

Referring to your question now about speed/jump scrolls, anything that would provide islanders with some sort of stats without smuggled gear would be a plus, but I'm an islander in training so me myself have no idea in this section..

Any veteran islanders want to help out on this, I'm sorta in the shadows XD

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    1:05 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    yr mom and dad are in amoria, not maple island :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    You can buy pet food at Amherst pot shop.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Tonbori

Tonbori Blue Snail

Jan 7, 2021
    I would be all for implementing past event and speed/jump items into drops. However, I am biased because I ONLY play an islander and I am limited by my mesos, so I can't get much benefit from the storage. So maybe my opinion isn't useful, sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    LOL so true

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Poggers, alright uhh.. yeah storage pls <3

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    You get gach tickets by grinding, you can easily make mesos to buy items that you desire.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    1:05 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    These are the best slot items that Islanders have received:

Hat: https://maplelegends.com/lib/equip?id=01003102 (Literally can't smuggle a better hat than this unless you use chaos scrolls)

Face: https://maplelegends.com/lib/equip?id=1012084

Cape (Level 40) : https://maplelegends.com/lib/equip?id=1102167

Cape (Level 70) : https://maplelegends.com/lib/equip?id=1102168

Shoe : https://maplelegends.com/lib/equip?id=1072263

Weapons:

https://maplelegends.com/lib/equip?id=1302085 (The claw version of this is very popular because of the uniqueness)

https://maplelegends.com/lib/use?id=2070011 (Because of the claw)

https://maplelegends.com/lib/equip?id=1442046

https://maplelegends.com/lib/equip?id=1302080

These items reoccurring will level out the playing field for all Islanders. The issue is that these won't bring back the old players as theres very little to offer that would top these items when it comes to events. The main appeal of a storage is that you have access to so many different speed items & scrolls, you can utilize different combinations and possibly free up other slots for whatever a player wants.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Hi hi again everyone!

upload_2021-1-7_20-49-7.png

upload_2021-1-7_20-49-35.png upload_2021-1-7_20-50-28.png upload_2021-1-7_20-51-12.png

At base stats of vanilla items from only monster drops, this is the best luck possible of grinding level 1-40 of the gear I found in 1 month before the Christmas Event's exp booster.

The items are +12spd pet equip + 5spd gomushin + 8spd potion = 125% total vanilla speed

Non-vanilla event items I have are:

1. Mai's Monster Problem 2017 - Summer Event Islander Quest (Red Flowery Tube) @ +11spd
    2. Summer Event 2018 or 2019??? (Tsunami Wave) @ +6spd

-- forum event listing doesn't really show the date, although it's an official event item obtainable by old islanders:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/islander-community-thread.5922/

Both these items were gifted to me by old islanders of whom have been around to be able to have participated in those islander-allowed events.

The items are +12spd pet equip + 5spd gomushin + 8spd potion = 125% total vanilla speed + 11spd Red Flowery Tube = 136% total

The items are +12spd pet equip + 5spd gomushin + 8spd potion = 125% total vanilla speed + 6spd Tsunami Wave = 131% total

Below are @ EPM tests:
    All are very very close.
    upload_2021-1-7_21-12-50.png upload_2021-1-7_21-16-28.png
    upload_2021-1-7_21-20-1.png

As you can see above having speed doesnt change much in terms of @ EPM

Gold Surfboard = fast 5 @ 125% total vanilla spd = 75.5k exp per hour at pigs
    Tsunami Wave = normal 6 @ 131% total spd = 69.6k exp per hour at pigs
    Red Flowery Tube = fast 5 @ 136% total spd = 66.420k exp per hour at pigs

Seems like the basic results are: high total spd =/= "islander meta breaking"...
    Although I have read somewhere Gold Surfboard + 137% total spd can reach 85-90k EPH using Soccer Fever Weather @ +20spd (300vote pts/each)

- I'm not going to test the Soccer Fever Weather @ EPM for 137% total spd, since I'm saving my vote points.

Clearly, attack speed of the weapon matters more, meaning when my pure dex build can 1hit mobs with Fruit Knife fast 4, then my @ EPM will be highest, even with 125% total vanilla spd + Three Snails skill or worse LOL due to lack of length that only pole arms would have.

I would like to note that it would be really cool to have a wide variety of equips to play around with especially if I can grind out Mai's Monster Problem 999 of all island monsters repeatedly for a list of equips that are approved.

But of course, I want to reiterate that a Storage would be awesome to have, and hopefully alleviate illegal activities.

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Oh.. fancy meeting you here!
    Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 9.54.11 PM.png

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Nice, would like to see this at mushrooms aswell and for a longer period of time. Indeed 2h weps like surfboard helps a lot and it just makes Super Snowboard even more broken for islanders. If all exp gained is around the same that means storage is even more valid since it just gives islanders access to more items to use without having to worry about speed too much. It will give islanders different unique looks and also help make "junk" items see some use.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    1:05 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    if the GM/Mods really want to test out how the impact of these smuggled item affect islanders in general.

Maybe in the next event (valantine), allow islanders to have those items as reward, but put an expiry date on them -> similar to how the event rings are.
    If the community/GMs/Mods are happy with having those items, then we can include them in shops, gachas, or drops. if not, just wait for time to pass and these items will expire.

Items include but not limited to: Red whips, maplemas lights, maplemas tree, white bottom boots, Icarus capes I/II/III (im sure these capes have no value outside of mapleisland), pig illustration, bathrobes, and others that islanders have been eyeing for

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.