1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sublets (Maple Journal)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Soblet, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    7:31 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    How in tarnation do you hold more than 2 gach tickets without instantly exchanging them?!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Cool chair, good progress, always happy to see Ainz die.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    2:31 AM
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    RIP that Bergamot Flairgrave

4. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Oh no did you boom it?

5. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    Galaxy
    pass 2 fail one boom 4th

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  6. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Gear update!

Woo boy, it's been a while since I've last had any meaningful gear upgrades. I haven't really been farming mesos or anything but I'm sitting on a cool 2b that I had collected to purchase on Olivia's chair (yea I've given up on that now, lowest offer I got was 20WS which I'm not sure if it was a joke or not) so yay I can spend it on equips instead FoxAwk

Every now and then some timeless things pop up that are somewhat affordabe so I buy those and level/scroll them but I haven't really got much out of that yet. Just gotta keep trying as I'll be using timeless equips for most of my slots.

Hat
    I've been using this rav helm for the longest (think I got it early 4th job somewhere around 13x? can probably find it in the journal). Ideally I will replace it with a scar helm (more defence/avoid yay) but it's rather hard to beat the 20/30/20 and it's also kindof hard to get these helms. I'll try work on it but don't see any upgrades happening in the near future.
    [​IMG]

Face
    This rat mouth I bought for 250m a while ago (<3 Fael), will probably be using this for a good while as it's pretty decent and it's hard to find a better rat mouth (not interested in the other face equips).
    [​IMG]

Eye
    I ran Ludi PQ a bunch of extra times to get more glasses to scroll. Sadly after using two chaos scrolls to raise the luk stat I'm stuck at using this thing. I'll chaos more glasses later but for now I have other priorities.
    [​IMG]

Earrings
    The first pair of timeless I got leveled to 4/3/1 then went 1/5 60% luk scrolls YIKES. This pair is level 5 and had 1/1/1 after 2 levels but the chaos scroll failed, then it passed 3/4 70% luk scrolls ehh.

Currently leveling up this thing (one more level to go). I'll see if I can get more timeless earrings but they're kindof pricey for the stats they give soo yea, just looking to get a good deal on these.
    [​IMG]

Cape
    Clean 5 att BFC. I won't chaos it before I find another 5 att as I already know how it will end up...
    [​IMG]

Overall
    Blew up about 20 of these overalls now (luckily they're rather cheap depending on stats). Currently using this piece of trash but I have a solid one waiting to be scrolled..
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Pendant
    I recently had the chance of relooting a HTP and went for it since my first one wasn't great. Turned out this ones worse FoxGhost I'll keep trying when the opportunity presents itself but will ultimately want a timeless pendant.
    [​IMG]

Dagger
    Love this dagger but it's due for an upgrade... Still not sure if I want to go for a pescas or a killic but all the ones I tried failed with the level ups and then blew up on 30s. Sad.
    [​IMG]

Shield
    This thing is serviceable but I've been leveling up timeless shields on the side. I'll use this until I can get a better stat list. I'd love to get one with high defence as that gets doubled through shield mastery but can't be too picky FoxNo I'd go for shield mastery over chakra any time btw even with a khanjar, chakra is ass
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Glove
    I've tried to get a 14 att reverse a bunch of times but ended up with 2x 12 att sadly. It's possible and cheap enough to try more but I'm just not feeling it, might 30 some timeless gloves instead.
    [​IMG]

Shoes
    At one point I had a really nice pair of 10 luk boots but the 60/70/30 scrolls failed and they're gone now. These will keep my toes warm until I can afford to switch to facestompers.
    [​IMG]

All in all every slot still needs alot of work but I'm not in a rush and I'll see if I can find a way to make some mesos soon (tm). Single client casually running bosses isn't cutting it that's for sure FoxCrazy . I'm convinced I have the worst scrolling luck out of anyone but it can't really be helped as pretty much everything I want is untradeable so w.e

In the end I'll hope to reach a max attack range of 10k, at which point I should be able to reliably KB all of the bosses that have a 50k KB value and perform decent enough at endgame bosses. Hitting 1k defence would also be nice, I was already able to hit that a while back when switching some gears around FoxHehe

[​IMG]

TOWN FoxBye

• Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
  7. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    172!

[​IMG]

Woo boy, motivation is at an all time low and I'm kindof busy irl but Ima try keep this thing going. I'll work on my CWK/SE/TL mules for a bit so don't expect much level ups anytime soon. Maybe join boss runs that I get invited for and that's it.

Daily NTPQ be like:

[​IMG]

Got some Dunas classes from the Nightman. It's great figuring out how to handle these bosses instead of just blindly doing whatever and hoping you're doing ok FoxAwk

[​IMG]

And got rewarded with another card FoxHehe

[​IMG]

More Funky HT runs FoxTongue. Once again the first run went very well.

[​IMG]

The second run not so much though. ''Someone'' FoxCrazy triggered mass seduce early which quickly killed all but the two shadowers (I believe some were already dead before mass sed though FoxGhost). Turned out to be a nailbiter with a fair bit of meso cost.

[​IMG]

With 40 seconds left on the clock and us able to barely finish in time HT cast it's final weapon cancel making us unable to clear. FoxF4 In the end all the seduces were just too much FoxGhost

[​IMG]

I needed this run to finally really figure out how to run HT effectively and next time I get into a similar situation we will definetly be able to clear. It's kindof a complicated boss until you get it FoxF6 then you just get it..

Finally got my second Anego card from a duo yay

[​IMG]

And finished the Zakum set with back to back cards FoxF2

[​IMG]

Awesome, creeping ever closer to a finished book now.

[​IMG]

Oo I've hit 14k hp with event equips on. Only took me 469 HP (fresh and stale) and 626 MP washes. I'll need about 1000 more HP washes to hit 30k which is approximately another 400 days..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Byee thanks for reading! FoxBye

• Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    2 hour HT timer was a mistake

9. Kanetsugu

Kanetsugu Orange Mushroom

Nov 15, 2020
    1:31 AM
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    At least we know what NOT to do when we kill the arm that was casting mass sed ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    GPQ!

Decided to finally finish the Ergoth card set. Made a guild for it and everything FoxTongue

It took a couple runs to get used to it but then I was able to consistently get 25-28 min runs with the fastest out of the 14 runs I had to do for the 4 cards I needed being 24 mins.

[​IMG]

It's been so long since I last did solo PQs but I still love doing it, very therapeutic FoxHehe

I think it should be possible to get sub 20 min runs solo with a bit more optimisation. Running with a max jump/speed mage + lvl 30 sin would probably be ideal. There's a fair bit of RNG involved though so I'll probably never really try get good clear times as I don't need more RNG in my life thank you.

Shadowers can clear the ranged room by jumping and using boomerang step so no need to bring a proper ranged thankfully. I only needed a char to clear the sub lvl 30 part and a mage for teleport.

[​IMG]

Yay, only a couple sets left^^

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Back to the grind I guess, part of the reason I went to GPQ was because I lost motivation doing other stuff but now I'm not really sure what's next. We'll see.

Cya next time FoxBye

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  11. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    Galaxy
    ERG SET ENVY F5

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    173!

[​IMG]

Only 27 levels left FoxF2

After I finished the Ergoth set I tried to focus on Anego a bit more and the last two cards dropped back to back, awesome ^^. Now I can just focus on the ''instanced'' bosses as Anego was the last area boss I was missing. Next up will be Krex/Scarga but no rush.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The last missing sets:

[​IMG]

Finally got some good drops at Horntail. Can't really expect to get much profit off of 12 man HT but this was a nice change of pace.

[​IMG]

Then the valentines/LNY event hit and this was such a mood FoxCrazy

[​IMG]

I started off with doing 4-5 raffles daily too but got the pink chair I wanted fairly quickly plus two of the cat chairs so I lowered it to 1-3 raffles daily. Would love to get the merchant on my bandit as I still don't have one and can't bring myself to spend the vote cash on it FoxAwk. The earrings would be cool too though just for the cosmetics. Overall a nice event with not much grind required, just couldn't find the APRs xDD

Splurged a bit on a potential endgame dagger, hopefully this will be the one?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]FoxXD

Meanwhile my mules are slowly leveling up. It's hard to find motivation to leech them up but having SE (and TL) would be amazing. The rest will be cwkpq signs and a low level HS mule.

[​IMG]

Slowly creeping up on 15k hp now which is about as tanky as a hero/palladin can get depending on what you get hit with.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Byee FoxBye

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Dagger update!

Finally made some progress towards getting a new dagger FoxShy

First I had leveled a reverse pescas a while ago and decided to finally scroll it. I had to pass 3x30% for it to be an improvement. Small chance of success but hey.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Considering making a charissue thread for scrolls not working properly FoxGhost

And I got another level up on the expensive dagger FoxHehe

The first level up I got 0 att/str and 2 luk. This level up went much better though FoxSpy

[​IMG]

[​IMG] eksdee gotta look for a new dagger now FoxF4

Back to the grind we go FoxBye

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  14. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    Galaxy
    30 the shit out of it

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Your luck on leveling has truly been rough..

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    174!

[​IMG]

So after running Horntail a bit more I'm starting to believe the remove all buffs except HS thing. I've had 2 runs where MW dropped which were the only 2 runs where I/we did this. I'm usually not superstitious at all but yea, kinda silly system if it's true..

[​IMG]

And I finally got what I was looking for from NTPQ.

[​IMG]

No idea what they're worth but it should be a fair bit. Which is great because I recently got myself in a bit of debt xO.

Not really in the mood right now to write much but still wanted to get an update out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cya

• Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Like Like x 5
  17. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    175!

(pickpocket+taunt+meso explosion+venom is great for trying to get the last couple .xx% btw)

[​IMG]

Best intz service FoxLove

[​IMG]

Kind of a big level as I can now leech exp from every mob in the game (right?). I'll still have a small damage reduction on PB and Toad until I hit 180 but yea slowly inching towards the late game yay FoxF2

I was 1.01b in debt last update (paid 3.1b total for the chair FoxAwk) so I was really trying to hustle and get this debt paid off asap. I immediately went back to the ML5 grind as that's where I made most of my mesos to begin with but time did not do it well. Pieces of time are near worthless and helm int 60s don't sell for what they used to anymore either FoxGhost.

So yea a bit of struggle, it wasn't easy but after 8 days since purchase I am now 17mill shy from getting out of debt. Not bad wew FoxTongue

Then I can finally start focussing on better gears ehhh. I've held off for so long but I would like to run some of the harder bosses (NT, Toad, BGA and PB) sometime and be able to pull my weight.. I've kindof got a scheme figured out how to get my gear upgrades going but it'll take some time for sure.. All good, slow and steady ^^

JC duo's are easy enough now atleast, just a couple levels makes a huge difference in being able to clear in time. With the GM buffs I'm starting to get hit by the ''anti botting you need to move now'' thingy which is a good sign I guess lol. My damage output isn't too great but survivability is top notch FoxCrazy

[​IMG]

Travelling the maple world a bit and helping people out whenever I can ^^

[​IMG][​IMG]

I finally have 8 second venomous stab now which is actually really great for NTPQ and JC summons (and to a lesser degree solo 7F). Kindof on the fence if I wanna max out venom or go for taunt now since I only use taunt at JC but I do kindof want to get the mastery books over with. Yea not sure yet..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Anyways back to the grind we go! Take it easy, thank you for reading and see you next time FoxBye

• Great Work Great Work x 10
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Rapskal

Rapskal Chronos

Nov 1, 2017
    Male
    5:31 PM
    Rapskal
    Night Lord
    Lost
    wowsers that is a sick chair and it looks like it was made for you

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. ToastySpooks

ToastySpooks Slime

Apr 11, 2022
    11:31 PM
    Hunter
    Holy... This is extensive... TIME TO KICK MY JOURNAL INTO HYPER DRIVE! Honestly the work you put into this is amazing...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Pink Bean run!

Got an invite for a PB run and even though I don't think I'm quite ready yet since I wanted to atleast hit 180 first and experience some of the other bosses too (and get better gear ofcourse) I wasn't going to let is pass. Great to have the first run under my belt, see what it's all about and be much more prepared for future runs.

Managed to not die the entire run even though I got seduced while in dark sight during statue phase which was a pretty close call so that's great atleast (still no NX to spare for charms FoxAwk). I could've done some things better like bombing earlier (though it's probably not appreciated, would pay out of my own pocket though but these runs seem to be pretty ''managed'') and overall just being more attentive and playing better.

Can't complain for a first run though, the end reminded me alot of the failed HT run where it had just a bit of HP left when we timed out and basically the same thing happened here. We had a fair bit of DCs and lag so yea, better luck next time. Many thanks for letting me join FoxLove

Appled the entire run and bombed a fair bit of mesos, I'm never going to financially recover from this FoxXD but wouldn't have wanted to miss it regardless ^^

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ripp

[​IMG]

Aanyways, I've always wondered if I could clear JC duo with Nightzy~Wightzy and he finally had the courage to give it a try. It's a bit of an odd party composition but it works FoxF2! I only used ciders and I believe he only used meditation so yea pretty neat.

[​IMG]

Then love was in the air and I ran into the cutest couple on Legends, best of luck the coming months guys, enjoy! FoxShy (I miss seeing you guys in #graveyard FoxF4)

[​IMG]

Sorry for missing your wedding guys FoxNinja and sry Zo0p for putting you in this FoxGrin

[​IMG][​IMG]

Also whenever I see someone really stylish I always take a screenshot and over the years I've collected quite a few. Thinking of digging them all up someday and make a collage or something but it's kind of alot of work FoxF4. Here's the most recent one

[​IMG]

Oooh I totally forgot I finally was the best loser at a fitness event!

[​IMG]
    Thanks all, take it easy FoxBye

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1