1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sublets (Maple Journal)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Soblet, Dec 17, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    6:16 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    First off Happy new year to all you nerds and nerdettes. Hope you got through alright and all the best for 2023! This game leans heavily on the community aspect and it's ultimately what keeps me going here. Thank you for that FoxTongue

It's looking to be a fairly busy year IRL for me but I hope I can atleast reach level 200 on my shad and 4th job on my attacker mules this year. Baby steps but we'll get there eventually.

188!

[​IMG]

Haven't made much progress as I mostly just logged on to run bosses. Got my first Nameless card wew! Always good to grab a new card FoxHehe

[​IMG]

Got accepted into Pasta3 PB. It has a fairly high amount of shadowers (6 last run) which makes me very happy to be a part of this. I'd love to run all shad bosses or something someday, what can I say I'm a sucker for shads so the more the better.

My dpm was just a bit over the minimum dpm asked for so that's a decent point to start with. It's been a while since I last ran PB (no runs after the last changes) so still kindof getting used to the new strats and mechanics, can only go up from here hopefully lol. Staying alive gives a pretty much guaranteed baseline dpm so I guess I'm in a decent spot here.

Statue and body dpm:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First run was a fail but we cleared the second one FoxF2

[​IMG]

And ofcourse the ever present HT runs. Finally got some MW20s so I have some meso in the bank now. Looking to buy more daggers...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alright I gotta get going again, thank you for reading and see you next time FoxBye

• Great Work Great Work x 14
  2. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    189!

[​IMG]

Almost the big 19x FoxHehe

Ok so I've been going back and forth on my opinion about the ''useless'' fourth job skills taunt/venomous stab/ninja ambush.

For a while I thought I'd be able to get some use out of taunt but since I never really grind mobs for exp the only time I use this skill is when I have my int gear equipped and get the last bit of % at 7F. The combination of taunt/meso explosion/venomous stab works very well here. It can also be strong when used in party play with maybe a (poison misting) mage or paladin as a finisher but I don't do this so no use for me.

Venomous stab has it's use at JC and helps in a bunch of situations especially when you have a low damage range. Unlike taunt you don't really lose anything from using this skill.

Ninja ambush really grew on me the more I used it. Started using it for my early Anego solo's to draw aggro from the mobs there so I wouldn't constantly get slapped and it turns out to be a great tool for alot of (solo) boss runs. There's some other niche and fun uses for it but some things are better kept secret FoxNinja

If I had to do this again I'd do 1 venom at lvl 120, then 1 ninja ambush after maxing core skills, then max venom, ''max'' (lvl 28 atleast) ninja ambush, max taunt.

Anyway glad to get this out of my system, in my effort to solo clear as many of the bosses as I can I've been looking for an opportunity to try BGA and ninja ambush could be very useful there. Going to be a long night..

More epic bossing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got a nice little upgrade^^

[​IMG]

Figured I'd try to grab a perfect HTP to chaos so I can switch between the two and reloot more easily but it doesn't seem worth it. I'll just reloot if I win the roll though I'm already kindof happy with this.

Got a decent improvement on the PB dpm too, road to 8/3 FoxSpy

Statue/body
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Love this event, especially when my team wins FoxCrazy

[​IMG]

Bought some new timeless daggers and immediately got punished with the 0/2 att. One day lol...

Decent gains on my PQ carry, hope to see more info on the HP challenges soon so I can decide if I want to reset it's int or not. Probably will though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ook ty for reading, byee FoxBye

• Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    The big 190! 200 still seems very very far away.. FoxSpy

[​IMG]

But who cares, my PQ carry finally got to tier 10 on the monster book ring and I can finally start running PQs FoxF2. Now I messed up and forgot to max out my L7 early so my first KPQ runs will already be kindof scuffed but w.e. I also won't use any of my shads gears (gear sharing is basically rwt) so I will be held back by low damage a bit but again, w.e. Looking forward to running through the PQs again.

Getting tier 10 is pretty rough if I'm not too invested in the character, oof. Also did almost all the card hunting on my shadower which kindof sucks aswell. But it's over now FoxAwk

[​IMG]

Now I'll have 5 thieves to PQ with but some PQs also require a mage (or more specifically teleport). I'm still debating which type of mage would be best for my purposes. IL probably not as it doesn't offer me much, FP would be great to use as support attacker misting several MPQ stages and cleric for HS mule but I already have one of those. FP it is I guess..

Time to reset my base int, can't wait any longer for more info on hp challenges.

[​IMG]

yello

[​IMG]

Got an early Xmas present from our rwt slaughterer (accidentally deleted this on an old character). Ty staff team, very cool FoxLove

[​IMG]

Ehhh not a whole lot happened, just the usual boss running FoxHehe

We tried to get triple darks from Horntail, didn't really work as the bishop survived FoxAwk

[​IMG]

Another card from Nameless ^^

[​IMG]

And a chair from Berga (lost the roll FoxF4)

[​IMG]

Ran PB solo almost the entire run, would not recommend lol. Not having any of the holy shield, smoke, sharp eyes really hurts. Even as a shad. Another easy clear though, Pasta3 runs are very smooth FoxHehe

[​IMG]

Small dagger upgrade, the first timeless that didn't boom on me.. Still waiting on one that gets more than 6/10 att from levelups FoxGhostFoxGhost

[​IMG]

I'll stop washing for a bit as I'm content with my current hp and I'd like to spend some on tele rocks/cosmetics and also scroll a pet equip. I'll aim for 150+ hp and atleast 3 jump on a single pet equip (prefer to only have 1 pet out). Just need to figure out which equip I wanna use, crystal rudolph has a couple options FoxF6

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you for reading, see you next xmas ^^ FoxBye

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    But it's your own gear no? And what about borrowing int gear for level ups then?
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    This is me trying to cope with wanting to speedrun PQs but realising I don't have the gear (or correct jobs) to do so and also can't be bothered to trade between the characters.

Also you have no proof/

• Creative Creative x 3
  6. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    miki + ramon = power duo SlimeAngel

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    191!

[​IMG]

More HT with the cow (or is it Nani?) gang FoxHehe

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Picked up my first PB death FoxSpy. I've been trying some things to increase dpm and lower run costs and on this run I set honsters at 60% which did not keep my hp up high enough to simultaneously tank a body touch and a DR hit FoxGhost Back to 70% it is.. I've also been party leader the last couple runs which I was not used to at all but I'm getting better at it over time ok.. FoxAwk

I do now run the statue phase without meso guard until I use hero's will. I still want to have meso guard up during the long seduces ofcourse. A typical run would take around 2.5m in meso guard which went down to 1.4m on my last.

The total run cost went down to around 17.2m where I used 166 honsters, 20 elixirs, 45 ACP, 6 apples.

[​IMG]

Ok but who cares, I've got a new project now FoxNinja

[​IMG]

After 44 runs I reached level 31 and my fastest time was 8 minutes 32 seconds with an average time of around 10-11 minutes for 5 characters. From level 30-31 I used 6 characters instead which added another minute (lvl 30 mage with teleport).

As for drops I ended up with 5 slime shoes, 19 cards and 14 overall int 10%s. Yikes FoxGhost

Anyways off to ludibrium FoxSpyFoxSpy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Reading this back I guess I understand why it's confusing but it makes sense to me so w.e.

[​IMG]

I'll leech the other 5 at Jr. Wraiths up to 35 and then start the LPQ saga.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you for reading, byee FoxBye

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    12:16 AM
    Congratulations, your new project has confused me and made me do the dog look.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    AAAH almost forgot this existed FoxAwk

192 (and a bit)!

[​IMG]

Disaster struck as I fell asleep and missed my PB run, Soblet is now ''cooked'' and had it's ''funeral''. No shows get kicked from the run (which is what I signed up for) so I am once again PB-less which isn't too bad and it was fun while it lasted atleast. Thank you for having me FoxBye

I've recently signed up for a different run at a more ideal hour so let's hope that works out ^^

Oh and on the same day I missed my run I discovered two (2!) ''new'' (new to me ok) shad techs which are actually useable in relevant content. Unlike the bombing other peoples mesos thing which I assumed was general knowledge I'll keep these to myself for now, see how far I can push it and where it has value.

Then with no Bean it was mostly just alot of Horntail mixed with the occasional NT/JC. Not much meso gain but it's decent exp atleast..

[​IMG]

Look at that cutie carrying all our HT runs, and Nonon is alright too I guess.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Failed leveling up another dagger and actually landed 2x30%s in a row for the first time, was kindof hype. Sadly failed the next 4 scrolls so yea FoxGhost

[​IMG]

Oh and I did another 2nas solo, don't ask why, I'm not sure either..

[​IMG]

Ludi PQ is awful.

If you thought Kerning PQ was bad, Ludi is much much badder.

I quickly leeched up the mule part of my PQ gang from 31-35 so I could start running and it was fun but it's so very unrewarding both in meso and exp. After 25 full runs for the glasses and a couple stage 5 rushes to get the last bit of % to hit level 45/43 I'm happy to be able to move on. Part of why it's so bad may be trying to solo the PQ on a level 35 bandit though haha. Nothing quite as miserable as a non maxed savage blow with no mastery/booster. FoxNinja

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The PQ gang will head to wraiths to leech up to 45 before embarking on the Ellin PQ saga, looking forward to it! The earrings are pretty good so it might be worth doing 45-55 at Ellin, we'll see how it goes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alright take care and see you on the next FoxByeFoxBye

• Great Work Great Work x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    193!

[​IMG]

First off I finally found an Aufheben run somewhat during my available playtimes so went ahead and checked it out solo first. Seemed to be fine but I was still pretty anxious as it seems to be a boss that you can easily fail when someone messes up, it's just a game and everything but that'd be so sad FoxNo

[​IMG]

The runs went super well and Linny is a great host. I think this was my first time running with him and it made my first Auf clears very comfortable (it helps that the squad was very stacked, looks like I got big carried FoxAwk). All good though, I believe this was his first clear without using apples soo yea pretty neat. Lots of optimisation for me to do obviously but it should be alot better going forward, I have a solid idea of how to run this optimally as a shadower already, it's fairly straightforward.

[​IMG]

Got two below average helms out of it, the second one boomed at +3 on the 4th slot.

This meant I could clear the last Neo Tokyo quests which leaves me with the 2 quests you get at lvl 200, one or two or none hidden quests I have yet to do (not sure I'd have to check). And the most difficult quest of them all, getting married...

Yea this might be a bit of an issue, maple marriage weirds me out in more ways than one right now so I'll uh.. Get back to this later haha FoxNinja

Big grats to xBowtjuhNL on reaching 200 FoxHehe It's been quite the journey.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nice and short today, have a good one FoxBye

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Hell yeah Subbie!!! Stay on the grind

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    My dear friend Soblet

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Sup nerds.

It's about time for some explaining as this journal has been very much neglected now and the longer this goes on the harder it is to get back into it.

First of all irl has really caught up with me both for my work and socially which it honestly has for a while now and it's only going to get worse (or better as it means I'm doing well outside of maple atleast FoxF2).

Most of all though a while ago I had finally found the courage to scroll the timeless gear I had been collection along the way. I've had very little success with the scrolling I've done before so I was hesitant for a long time but finally decided to bite the bullet and yea. I don't really wanna talk about it lmao. It's been so bad FoxF4. After all this time I don't even have a dagger base yet despite having leveled over ~30 daggers (didn't count) Got two +6 and one +7 but I'm aiming for +8 minimum.

Soo yea very depressing, I understand a single client shadower would progress slowly but this is a bit too much. I've only been doing HT and PB (also trying to AUF) runs now as I get invited to those and they're fun to run but otherwise there's not much pulling me in. Especially PB and AUF are interesting as I have alot of room to improve there but that's about it.

[​IMG]

However. The last event has been a lot of fun plus it gave me an excuse to finally level up my other bandits. They've been stuck at Orbis PQ for a good while and I was able to level up my carry bandit (no base int to get me through the PQs) to level 70 so I can start bombing. I finished 48 OPQ runs which netted me 97 pb boxes. I have no clue what to do with all these maple equips, they seem worthless to me but if they aren't I could really use some meso to bomb to 120.... FoxAwk

Bombing is so much fun, it's great to get back into that again even if that only lasts for the early levels of third job! FoxF2 Now it's been a bit hard to find good spots to bomb at as multiclienting at gobi or himes seems awfully rough but nightshadows and shaolin are alright and will hopefully get me through third job. I get ~2.5% per minute at nightshadows and ~5% per minute at 7F (my mules get a bit over half of those %s) but the Shaolin mobs can easily kill my characters and bombing there is way too expensive right now so I'll stick to CWK probably until 80ish so I can max out meso explosion and get some meso guard before heading back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Take care FoxBye

• Great Work Great Work x 11
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    197! FoxF2

[​IMG]

Wauw so close to 200, only like ~60? Horntail runs to go.

Again I'm only really running Horntail a couple times a week and Pink Bean once a week so the gains are quite slow. In addition I've really started running low on mesos so for some pot money/meso explosion fund I've been doing daily Papulatus solo's which take about 5 minutes each run. It's decent value and still one of my favourite bosses to run.

[​IMG]

I kindof want to improve my PB performance and do dpm tests more often but being partylead can sometimes be annoying which puts me off from doing tests and I don't believe you can really compare between differrent runs too much anyway. Hmmm.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got some levels on my bandit army and advanced them to chief bandits. Now begins the unholy grind to 120, this is going to be rough... I really wish I had kept my FP mage at lvl ~80 so I could do some easy FoT leech but it looks like I have few options outside of FoT/7F bombing. FoT will be slower but more safe and chill. First let's get to 72 at nightshadows for that sweet 33 second meso guard FoxAwk.

Still no base dagger btw FoxGhost.

[​IMG]

Bye nerds FoxBye

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
  15. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    unexpected journal update so short after the last one

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    1:16 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    try to implement daily core blaze, and maybe a few auf in your routine, you will do well

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yeaa especially Auf would be nice to run but I haven't found a group that I can run with yet. Worst case I'll just solo it once my bandits reach a high enough level.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Just a small update, once again not much else than HT/PB on my main.. I've leveled up a couple more daggers, think I'm nearing dagger number 50 soon and still looking for my first 8+/10 FoxGhost. I really should have recorded but didn't expect it to take so long haha.

[​IMG]

But some nice progress on my mules, after having fun bombing at 7F for a bit I decided at lvl 75 to just leech them using a bishop. It's sad but one of the most expensive and fast bombing spots still only yields similar exp to CDs leech which is multitudes worse than some leech spots just a couple levels later. It's a tragedy but I can't really sustain the mesos spent while not really going any faster (or even slower) than mage leeching. At least I can get some leech in during HT preheads or doing something else on the side FoxF2

My bishop is very weak though so I'll go CDs-Harps-Black Kents and hopefully get to 120 that way. If it's too tedious I'll just buy leech instead though I'd rather not.

[​IMG]

OK bye FoxBye

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    What level is your bish? And what TMA does it have?

Harps are harder to 1-hit for bish than black kents... So you're gonna improve fast!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    1:16 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    what is your bishop's gear? (you can tell me on disc) I'll give you some low cost tips, since being poor I understand well kekw

• Friendly Friendly x 1