1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sublets (Maple Journal)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Soblet, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    8:51 AM
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Oh dang I'll be asleep by then :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    It's been a while, I didn't really take the time to post one of these but here we go..

Leveling and washing~~

We have finally hit 3rd job!! Pretty huge milestone right there (for me) and I'm very happy to finally be able to deal some hurt using meso explosion FoxNinja.

Here's how the advancement trial went:

[​IMG]

After using the GM buff basket I was able to clear it quite easily. Having lvl 11 savage blow didn't do me any favors but in the end I didn't need to go out of my way to boost myself to be able to advance, great!

I went into MPQ blind so I had a bit of a rough start, failed my first two runs (second run was pretty close).

[​IMG]

Buuut after deciding to just blow up the boss and getting more experienced with the PQ I'm now able to run it pretty easily clearing it in about 30 mins. I'll do the math on exp/hour and stuff later when I get some more data.

[​IMG]

Tomato man Motto was talking about setting up a group to do PQ runs for cash farming which is something I might consider doing in the future but not before I try out solo GPQ and APQ. Surprisingly I'm not too much in need of vote cash yet anyway, I have enough to mp wash up to lvl 86 right now. Something to consider for later maybe.

After I'm done with MPQ I'll finish up PPQ and then I'll finally be free from the level gated PQs FoxHehe. At that point I'll probably go around completing all the quests that I can, I've really been slacking questwise because finishing up the PQs without overleveling is kindof tricky.

At level 74 I have done a total of 139 HP washes and 251 MP washes. Clean HP/MP is 4349/6670, base int is at 360.

Gear progression~~

I lost 65 mill getting this cute piggie (yes I am big dumb), and even though I really can't afford to be losing this much it was totally worth it haha.

[​IMG]

This means I didn't upgrade any gear lol, but who cares.

Card hunting and questing~~

Finished some MPQ related quests.
    Got 1/5 Franken Lloyd cards.

Goals~~

Graduate MPQ (13/50)
    Graduate PPQ (39/100)
    Keep on MP washing with every fresh AP

Cya next time, thank you for reading ^^

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  3. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    9:51 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    How did you lose 65m for the piggy? :O

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Ooff, Did you use that purple potion too early?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yea I used it too early and then I had to buy another for the ''lost blabla item quest'', basically to get another quest clear. I'm trying to complete as many as I can after all.

So I had to buy it three times 20 mill plus 5 mill for dropping the saddle and getting another quest clear.

It's not a big deal since I'm making bank doing PQs and I don't need mesos for bombing or gear anyway /S

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    We still living.

Leveling and washing~~

Again I really waited a long time before posting another one of these, alot has happened since the last post.

First up was finishing up MPQ. It's kindof hard to tell how much exp per run you would gain since I used different characters for different stages.

Stage 2 with F/P mage, stage 3 with hermit, stage 4 with both mage and hermit, stage 5 with mage and the boss with my bandit. Then there's also different exp rewards for clearing with regular FrankenLloyd or angery one.

On a run with regular FrankenLloyd I would gain about 350k exp on my bandit and each run takes about 25 mins to complete. The clear times depend heavily on how strong your squad is though since there is so much fighting compared to most other PQs and the mobs have pretty high HP. I started with 30 min runs and ended up with 20-25 mins.

I've done duo runs for most PQs and people usually assume it will be slow but it actually isn't.

[​IMG]

All in all MPQ was great fun and actually had pretty decent rewards both exp and meso wise. Definetly one of the more rewarding PQs but it has to compete with very rewarding grinding spots so it's pretty dead usually.

[​IMG]

Got my pendant so it's time to move on.. To PPQ where I quickly finished up my 100 runs for the lvl 90 pirate hat. Done and done, pretty boring but having 8 min runs makes it go by pretty fast.

At this point I have completed all the level gated PQ content which means I am pretty much free to go grind or quest or do whatever I want without worry of overleveling. Awesome^^

First thing I did was get a squad together to try out solo GPQ.

[​IMG]

Despite playing maplestory for many years I never really completed a GPQ before so after some trial and error I was finally able to get my first W FoxF2

[​IMG]

Stage 1 is pretty horrible to do solo but the rest is pretty easy. Might come back here later if I am ever in need of cash. For now I'd rather get some levels in to make this PQ easier so I am looking at my options for grinding.

First off was FoT which seems to be the most popular spot for bombing nowadays. The exp gain is absolutely crazy (I got almost 10% at lvl 88 every couple mins) but the meso loss is pretty high and I don't like the atmosphere of the place too much.

Then I tried out Himes which is great, lower exp but meso cost is zero if you play your cards right. It's annoying to get my MU and HS buffs though so I tried another place.

Nightshadows. Specifically in the ''Cavern of Honor''. Probably the most profitable place to blow up your mesos. I'll stay here for a while since it's really chill. The only caveat is you have to do a short questline to actually trade in the badges you find but it's worth it IMO.

[​IMG]

Once I max out BoT I'll go around and complete alot of the low level quests to clean up my quest log a bit. Seems like this would be a good time to start on that.

Ooo and I reached my int cap. From now on I am placing my APs into luck so I'll get some damage gains finally.

At level 90 I have done a total of 139 HP washes and 331 MP washes. Clean HP/MP is 4706/10670, base int is at 400.

Gear progression~~

Bought these two for cheap, I'll finish the bottom with 70%s to hopefully get it to 10 dex so I can use the dagger.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll try and save up mesos to buy a shield and HTP next. I also need shoes but I'll probably just scroll my own.

Finished the Franken Lloyd card set.
    Completed the Scar/Targa prequests.

Goals~~

Graduate MPQ (50/50)
    Graduate PPQ (100/100)

Level up and upgrade my gear
    Keep on MP washing with every fresh AP

[​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. CoolDavid

CoolDavid Brown Teddy

Apr 19, 2018
    DavShad
    Shadower
    GuildLess
    Amazing! Too bad its gonna take forever to wash out ;/

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yea for sure, I'm planning on taking out my base int at around lvl 120-125ish.

That means as of right now I'll need 25*15,5k + 396*3,1k = 1615,1k cash. That's 215 days of voting which means I can be intless around the beginning of november. Probably a bit earlier depending on how much cash I get from GPQ/events.

I started this character mid october so it's possible I'll be intless with enough mp to wash to 30k hp (and actually I'll have a couple 1000 extra mp) within a year which is actually alot faster than I had anticipated. I also could have kept my base int a bit lower or mp wash a bit later to reduce the cost but w.e.

The biggest cash cost will be the hp washing that comes after all this, but there's no rush there, especially on a bandit.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Epic timeskip oof FoxAwk

Leveling and washing~~

Again again I really waited a long time before posting another one of these. Leaving PQ's behind and starting to actually grind mobs to advance changed the game alot. I kindof burnt out and wasn't sure if I wanted to keep the journal going (content gets kindof stale) but yea we're still here.

We left off grinding at Nightshadows where I stayed until lvl 95, then I did 95-99 at Forest of Towers which was quick but grinding mobs with meso explosion is too tiring for me.

99-111 was done grinding at CD's, even with 400 base int the grind isn't too bad. I'll probably stay here untill atleast lvl 120. It's nice and chill and I can actually make some mesos now. Right now I've got 125 mill in the bank which I think is the most I've ever had in Legends, pretty nice.

MP required to wash to 30k hp will be got before lvl 120. Since I don't have enough vote cash to take out my base int, let alone wash 5 times per level up, I'll just keep mp washing for as long as I have the int where mp washing makes sense (maybe switch to hp washing once int falls below 250-ish). I'd like to end up with 30k hp and at least 5k+ mp.

At level 111 I have done a total of 139 HP washes and 436 MP washes. Clean HP/MP is 5164/16113, base int is at 400.

Gear progression~~

Since I'm actually relying on my stats to grind now I'll try to focus on improving gear. The situation right now is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I've spent most of the mesos I made before I went to CD's trying to scroll gear with not much success FoxXD, used the rest to buy my current gear rip. The only way is forward though so no worries FoxF2.

Finished the Black Sheep card set.
    Completed various quests including Ravana prequest.

Was planning on doing more questing but CD's are too good, probably will make an effort once I get a decent level boomerang step.

Goals~~

Hit lvl 120 and job advance (hopefully before anniversary event).
    Complete the Horntail prequest and buy a pendant.
    Level up and upgrade my gear.
    Keep on MP washing with every fresh AP.

[​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Whooo finally another update!! I'll be back to check the journal in another month

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    too mean FoxF4

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. CoolDavid

CoolDavid Brown Teddy

Apr 19, 2018
    DavShad
    Shadower
    GuildLess
    Whenever u need help with HT prequest msg me on discord ill help you for free, DavidEH#1565 ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Thank you! I'll probably take you up on your offer as I'm utterly clueless, will be a while before I hit 120 though.

Decided to start doing smaller updates as the bigger ones just make me postpone updating too much.

Today I did about 1 hour grind at CD's and spent about 30 mins throughout the day checking for Spirit of Rock. I've been killing this boss for the exp but it also has some pretty sweet drops.
    Gained 50% exp and about 10 mill mesos.

Also found a nice Toy of 101 which I donated to a guildie and found a GDK on which I landed a 30% scroll.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Total mesos is at 130 mill now and not sure what to spend it on, can definetly get easy upgrades in most areas but will hold off for now.

3 more levels and I'll have enough luck to be able to use my next dagger. That will be a nice boost in damage FoxF2, really looking forward to it.
    [​IMG]

The plan right now is to keep up the pace of about 40%-50% exp each day and hopefully be a shadower before the anniversary event hits (forgot when exactly that was, I think I can make it).

• Like Like x 3
  14. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    12:51 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Show EPH

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    30% again [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I get about 4,5mill ish per hour with an HS mule and kicking and readding for MU. That's about 25% for me, the other 25% I get from killing the boss (just under 0,5 mill exp each). Percentage gain drops off real fast though so I'll probably go down to daily 25% or something before hitting lvl 120.
    [​IMG]

Disaster struck today FoxF4.

I forgot to equip my int gear before level up (also no MW). It's not a big deal tbh, it just means I'll have slightly less (10) mp once I'm done. w.e.
    And I also got kicked from my guild. Thanks for having me Noam FoxF2.
    [​IMG]

Got two good drops today, a chair and a 100 attack GDK. I'm too chicken to scroll the dagger right now so I'll have to bite the bullet later.
    [​IMG]

Didn't make much raw mesos, about 5 mill gained.

[​IMG]

Next up is keep up the grind ofcourse and look for a nice guild to join ^^.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    3:51 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Wait why were you kicked? (AcidPhreak here)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    It's not serious, I left on my own accord.

19. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Thanks for chillin with us at Flow Sob!
    You're always welcome to come back if you feel like ;D

• Like Like x 1