1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sublets (Maple Journal)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Soblet, Dec 17, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    11:43 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Day too many, who's counting.

Soo after the last episode we wanted to get some Ravana runs going, see if I can get a nice helm. thankfully I was able to join two runs with some guildies and the next day got two runs carried by mvp Nightz. Thanks everyone ^-^

[​IMG]

That was pretty fun, my first legit bossing experience even though I barely do any damage yet. The duo runs with Nightz got me 5% each 10 minute run so it's very nice exp. After run number 4 I got a really nice helm too yay FoxF2.

[​IMG]

I'm way too scared to scroll it lol but this thing already has the same str/dex/luck total as my scrolled scarlion helm. I think I'll save up some mesos and drop 7x60%s on it. Hopefully land 5 of them so I don't have to add any base dex to use it...

After a bit more grinding and SoR camping (found my 5th chair yay, think I'm at around 500+ kills now though), I've leveld up to 123 which means boomerang step will now hit 3 mobs instead of 2. Awesome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm going to stop camping SoR now. With boomerang step now getting decent I'll be able to grind regular mobs more easily and don't need to depend on SoR juicy exp.

Then I wasted all my mesos on a nice dagger. I scrounged every last meso off all my mules and sold some scrolls to be able to afford it, atleast now I know how much mesos I have in total, 2.5 mill haha.

[​IMG]

I like the look so much better than GDK FoxShy. Pretty happy with it.

Next level I'll have 1 SP to put into smokescreen so I'll be doing that questline now. This involves getting a Papulatus kill so that'll be interesting, should be fun.

I also wanted to get the silver mane mount while I was in the area but it costs 50 mill and I'm flat broke right now haha. Maybe later because I also need to buy scrolls for the helm and I kindof really need to upgrade my glove..

[​IMG]

Byebye, take care.

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    5:43 PM
    Kirisame
    Hero
    Touhou
    Do you regert it now? SlimeSweat2

IMO find a Manon and a Griffy is easy.
    However, you get 1 more quest count by spending that 10m.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    12:43 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    How much did the dagger cost?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Haha no I don't regret it at all, mesos are temporary and quest count is forever FoxF1. Either way would've been fine but I tend to prioritize quests.

I usually try to not disclose trade details..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't get to play much the last couple of days but still wanted to give an update.

So we left off with starting with the quest to get the smokescreen skill since I'll have a SP to use it on next level. Boomerang step is at lvl 11 right now and it upgrades to hit 4 targets at lvl 21. That means I can either get a 10% damage increase on the skill or get a single point into smokescreen. actually now that I think about it idk lol, I probably won't be bossing too much but I think I'll get it anyway for the novelty.

Since I was in Ludi and didn't have much time to play I decided to park myself at the Timer boss and check up once in a while. After two days I got the chair drop, sweet FoxF2

[​IMG]

Decided to go for the Papulatus solo, I took me around 20 minutes and cost approx 2.5 mill after pot cost and NPCing drops. Not too bad considering my damage range is pretty low still and I'm only at lvl 123. Papu was more annoying than threatening but the fight went pretty smooth yay FoxTongue.

[​IMG]

Went and did a quick EPH check at Himes. 9 mill isn't too bad compared to what I got a couple levels ago, I'll check some other maps too to see where I can grind at. Thinking of CD's, TOT and Shaolin temple right now, we'll see.

[​IMG]

I'm also kindof ditching my HS and MU mules. The MU mule has been collecting dust for a while now and I don't find using an HS mule very enjoyable. Maybe it's because my damage is getting ''decent'' aka I can actually kill things somewhat efficiently now and don't feel as much urgency to level up anymore. Just cruising at this point.

Since I haven't leveled as much as usual my vote cash is starting to grow a bit so I'm considering taking out some base int. Checked my washing sheet and if I were to take out all base int now I'd end up with 30k hp and 6ish k mp at lvl 200. I kindof want to aim for a bit more mp so yea 130 seems like a good level to start taking out the int.

[​IMG]

Cyaa

• Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  5. CoolDavid

CoolDavid Brown Teddy

Apr 19, 2018
    DavShad
    Shadower
    GuildLess
    Hey! In my opinion u should start griding at 7F, even tought ur dmg is low u will get much more exp then basicly everywhere

6. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    5:43 PM
    Kirisame
    Hero
    Touhou
    True true, by going through all the PQs, I guess you never missed a quest?

7. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Hey thanks for the suggestion ^^. I went and gave it a try, turns out I miss the gold ones (around 40% hit rate I think) so the experience is not very good yet, slightly less than Himes right now. I'll definetly go back there later though.

I'm not too sure if I missed anything yet. I for sure got all the party quest ones but I have no prior experience with all the new area quests so kindof in the dark there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to say goodbye to Spirit of Rock. I'll come back here sometime later to finish the areas quests but other than that I'm totally done here. Feels like we've really bonded over time hahaFoxTongue

[​IMG]

Since I was in Kerning I decided to complete the quest for the ninja ambush skill. The skill is pretty lame but gotta love Dark Lord and her quest rewards.

[​IMG]

After this I went around and tested some areas. Shaolin was still a bit early for me so I'll stick to Himes and ToT for now. I also started doing the CWK badge exchange for 3.5 mill mesos, will probably be doing this daily or every other day. I'm not too sure how efficient it is to grind mesos this way but it's a nice change of pace.

ToT blessed me with a helm dex 60% and a piece of time after only 250 kills.

Managed to land another scroll on my helm yay FoxF2. I might stick around here until I get all the scrolls to finish my helm. They cost around 3 mill now so oof.

[​IMG]

And we finished with some Himes grinding. Himes has the added benefit of a possible Black Crow spawning, it's kindof hard to take down though and would take me a long time to do by myself (it's very easy to blow up but ehhh mesoss). Thankfully some guildies didn't mind helping out, thanks guys FoxLove. Easy 7-8% each crow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll focus on making mesos so I can upgrade my gear and keep up the exp grind. The zombie rings will expire soon but I'll be able to keep my base str/dex low by using Glittering Altaire earrings instead of my regular luck earrings. With a bit of luck I'll soon be able to use the Ravana helm and get a nice boost that way.

[​IMG]

Byee FoxBye

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yooo it's been a while, I was on a roll for a bit and wanted to get some things done before the event dropped. Still waiting for that though haha FoxAwk

We left off with not alot of goals other than to make some mesos, upgrade our gear and work our way towards level 127 (which is when Boomerstep starts hitting 4 targets which is a huge improvement).

I didn't feel like grinding since it got really slow between 124 and 127 so I went and did some card hunting and questing. Made some nice progress on the monster book FoxF2

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Here's all the cards I'm still missing.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Finished scrolling my Ravana helm and got the Silver Mane piggy for 50 mill. Pretty happy with both.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then I wanted to get the Mushmom chair and having the extra speed for like 100+ times walking over there was invaluable, yikes this took way too long but we got it finally.

[​IMG]

Here's all the boss chairs I've got so far. I kindof want to collect them all but that's a pretty daunting task FoxAwk. I'll have to get more slots if I get to NT someday.

[​IMG]

After al this I went and started working on my quest log. Made some nice progress there aswell FoxTongue

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Because of all of the above my leveling speed has dropped by alot which means I was able to save up enough vote cash for 10 ap resets outside of the usual 5 resets per level. Decided to use those to lower my base int.

I've reached the required mp to wash to 30k hp for a while now and I kindof lean towards being able to deal more damage earlier at the cost of less mp gains.

From now on I'll keep 5 ap resets in my inventory at all times in case i level up and after each level up I'll buy however many stacks of 10 ap resets I can and use those to lower my base int. Once my base int falls below 140 (probably, not too sure yet) I'll start doing hp instead of mp washes.

[​IMG]

Next up I'll finish more quests and after that I'll work on the monster book some more. Really don't feel like grinding at all.. Cya next time FoxBye

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. CoolDavid

CoolDavid Brown Teddy

Apr 19, 2018
    DavShad
    Shadower
    GuildLess
    Grats! GL lowering ur int

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Patch time! Good luck to the staff team working on bringing us the next update and anniversary event. And good luck to everyone else waiting patiently FoxGhost

Since I didn't wanna grind for a bit (event is coming up which will probably make grinding very worth it) I continued my quest of completing quests. I think I got every Magatia/Ariant and most of the Night Market quests now and the available quests are running low very fast. Hopefully we'll be able to atleast get to 1000 completed but that still seems so far away.

[​IMG][​IMG]

While questing I ran into a fellow chairhunter trying to get the Spirit of Rock chair, good luck! FoxAwk

[​IMG]

After a whole bunch of questing I ended up in El Nath and decided to pick up 2/4 card sets I still need to get there . These two were easier than I expected FoxHehe. Now I just need the regular Yeti and Pepe and ofcourse Zakum (yes Bain is a Showa mob).

[​IMG][​IMG]

Ended up close to leveling up so I did a quick grind at Himes. Level 128 Get! Only 72 to go..

[​IMG]

Since Every SP into boomerang step will only grant me 5% skill damage I decided to put the points into assassinate so I could play around with it. It's a nice skill but having low avoid and low level shifter really puts it down. The next SP's will go into maxing boomerang step and then I'll alternate between assassinate and shifter.

I know it's not optimal or whatever but I've had ''abnormal'' skill builds every job so might as wel keep the trend going.

1st job:
    Maxed disorder instead of double stab or L7. I only needed to deal damage during the 2nd job advancement anyway and disorder stays slightly more useful than either of the other skills in the long run.

2nd job:
    Maxed endure and steal instead of savage blow. This one is a bit of a toss up since savage blow stays useful for a very long time (arguably forever), but I would always max endure over steal. Very underrated skill imo.

3rd job:
    Basically you either get lvl 21 chakra or lvl 3 chakra and lvl 18 shield mastery. Pretty easy choice for me, you either get a skill you rarely use because pots are cheap and fast or you get a nice weapon defence boost (if you use a timeless list) or a small defence boost (if you use a dragon khanjar).

I'll never stop ranting about 1st/2nd/3rd job bandit skill builds FoxNo

Didn't get any gear upgrades as usual FoxAwk. Even though I am back at 100 mill, meso gains are really slow and I need to figure out what path to take if I want to get some serious upgrades.

I'm aiming to get timeless/reverse equips for my glove/shoe/shield/dagger slots in the long run and those are only 22 levels away now so I might just stick to my 8 att gloves until 150 lmao. And then immediately upgrade my shoe/glove at that point. I guess we'll see.

Other than those my pendant, glasses and helm (earring and cape are meh but hard to upgrade) will last me for a while so the remaining equips I could ''easily'' improve right now that do not get replaced at 150 would be top/bottom (5/15 dex/luck) and (12/4 dex/luck) and face (6 dex). idk how far 100 mill would get me though ehh.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up I'll be enjoying the event and hopefully get some mesos/vote cash out of it. Break away from the questing and card hunting for a bit.

Cyaa, have fun! FoxBye

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Alright the event has hit, let's see what's the deal here.

Looks like we are getting royally FoxxD FoxXDFoxXD this time around, which isn't too bad I guess, we all get our turn FoxHehe.

Gotta try and collect 500 points each week since that's the cap so that's also the goal ofcourse. So this is my current point count.

[​IMG]

I managed to sneak in some HPQs and a few Ravana/Papulatus runs but they're all kindof hard to come by so I can't really depend on those. I also took some time to run APQ but someone DCed so rip and it's not really worth the effort compared to other PQs anyway tbh.

So Basically I can put in alot of effort to get the 250 points from grinding (250/500) then I can put in the effort to run Latanica twice a day (278/500). The jump quest and daily cake PQ adds another 145 (423/500) so after all that hard work I'm short 77 points that are really hard to come by...

I hope we get a fix for this because the balance is way off. You can run OPQ 10 times for 250 points which takes less than 2 hours or you can spend idk how many hours to get the 250 farming points brruh (looking at the points EPQ is even more busted).

After all that I decided to take my salty tears to the new CWK exchange. I already did the old version a couple times for the 3.5m and I like the new addition. I'm still a bit underpowered but after a while managed to get all the ETC's and look what I got FoxShy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not really in the mood to type any more, cya FoxYawn

• Like Like x 2
  12. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    6:43 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    What is the raffle? 50 badges of each? And what does this item that you've got do? lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    You need this [​IMG] and the item I got doesn't do anything and NPCs for 1 meso.

14. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    It's an amazing collectors item!
    upload_2021-6-13_21-20-5.png [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    6:43 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Hey um... how do u kill those crimson guards? :0 meso bombing?

16. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Hey yea they're not very meso bomb friendly so I whittle them down with boomerang step. It's not much but it's honest work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Another quick update.

Did some himes grind to look for black crow but there were none. I'm not sure why I keep looking as it's really not very ideal for me to hunt it but I still do check every time lol. Then I wen't to ToT to get some progress there, finished memory lane 2 and found my 3rd golden event ticket. Grinding during this event is pretty good (vote cash drops/golden event tickets and increased exp) so I'll try to grind alot this event.

[​IMG]

Joined 2x Ravana runs where I was able to KB for the very first time (with echo/cider/MW20) so that was really cool. Starting to feel less useless now FoxHehe. Snagged one doll and got a very nice helm (did 8 runs total without even getting a doll each run and already got 2 very good ones). I didn't really plan on upgrading my helmet any time soon but this is tempting..

[​IMG][​IMG]

No level ups today but probably tomorrow, bb FoxBye

• Like Like x 4
  18. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    PogChamp congrats on first ever splits

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Soo we finished up the first week of the event, I like it alot even though the balance of the points system is a bit off imo.

Here's what I ended up with to get this weeks 500 points.

[​IMG]

The farming points are very doable now and getting 250 points from Quest/Boss is alright. I hope I can avoid HPQ as much as possible but it's nice to be able to fall back on it if necessary. Oh yea the point total doesn't add up at all but should be fixed after coming maintenance.

I used my points to get 2 rings 1 maple leaf and one scroll for the ring. the plan is to end up with 3 scrolled rings, a scrolled maple leaf, the 2 pets and any leftover points I will spend on either the raffle or AP resets. I really should be getting AP resets maybe but I prefer the temporary boosts right now. On the fence about the furry hair too...

Got the occasional Pap/Rav carry, some people are too kind FoxHeart

[​IMG]

Got into a smoke battle while travelling (looks like I lost that one). 9/10 times I use smoke when other people are around I get made fun of for it and I have half a mind to stop using it when I'm not by myself lol FoxAwk

[​IMG]

But most of all I did Himes grind. I've tried 7F multiple times but I just don't like it so bleh. Managed to solo Black Crow twice and got some decent drops ^^ (the dark scroll is shoe jump).

[​IMG]

It takes me about 30 mins to solo but it's fun and good exp and I wanna complete the card set (3/5). Once I get the full set I'll say goodbye to Himes and move over to ToT probably.

[​IMG]

The himes grind and bossing got me to level 131 pretty fast. Reverse gear is getting very close now FoxHehe

Base int is still high as I spent most of the cash I got on upgrading my use slots (maxed out right now). I wasn't expecting to level up so fast so I didn't think I'd have this high int at level 131 anymore. Not much I can do about it though, If I were to take out all the int I'd end up with roughly 30k hp and 7.5k mp after equips. Looks like I might hit 30k/10k after all.

Ooo and I maxed out boomerang step now, awesome. Next up will be assassinate to at least level 11 and then see if I want more assassinate or start adding into shifter.

[​IMG]

Hope everyone is having fun with the event, cya FoxBye

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. CoolDavid

CoolDavid Brown Teddy

Apr 19, 2018
    DavShad
    Shadower
    GuildLess
    You realy should get shifter before, GL!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1