1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sublets (Maple Journal)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Soblet, Dec 17, 2020.

1. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    11:57 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Does lvl 11 Nate outdamages single target B-Step?
    Gz!!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. CoolDavid

CoolDavid Brown Teddy

Apr 19, 2018
    5:57 AM
    DavShad
    Shadower
    GuildLess
    No it doesnt

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    4:57 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yeaa I wanted to get assassinate early for fun but after looking at my pot costs I guess they could go down a bit more. I'll just do max shifter>max assassinate>max smokescreen. Thanks for the suggestion FoxHehe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got some nice progress in this time around ^^

After maintenance all the Black Crows were dead so Himes is no fun, decided to do another round of CWKPQ. It still takes me way too long but I like the random reward hype.

Here's what I got this time.
    [​IMG] Eh I'd rather get another ankh tbh FoxAwk

Since I had some mesos in my pocket I decided to try and upgrade some gear. Started with trying to scroll a bottom but all 30s failed and boomed so bleh. Then I went and tried to scroll another glove (I've scrolled alot of gloves but never got past 8 att).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sweet, I can finally ditch my 8 att gloves haha. I was getting nervous I'd have to use them all the way up to 150.. With this new glove and the event equips I got (2x +3 ring and 1x +3 specs) I was able to ditch my dex scrolled crimsonheart cape and replace it with an attack cape.

Went and spent some money on this. Pretty decent starter cape. I'll keep the crimsonheart as backup because my shoes will expire in a couple weeks but I probably/hopefully won't need it anymore.
    [​IMG]

Then I did a bit of grinding at ToT and Himes and caught 2 Black Crows. One of them dropped a card but nothing else dropped sadly.

[​IMG]

1 more card and I'm out of there FoxTongue

Leveled up to 132, keeping a fast pace and getting close to 135 for zak fun runs, sounds fun.

[​IMG]

I had a bit of extra vote cash and 9 golden event tickets so I used those to lower my base int with another 10 points. Between that and the new equips I got a pretty decent jump in damage.

[​IMG]

Cya next time FoxBye

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Ah I've been journal slacking again FoxAwk got some decent progress in again though yay.

First off I tried to get the last Black Crow card. Took me long enough (yes the last card is almost always the worst for some reason) but we got it. I won't be going back here any time soon I guess. Very happy with the finished card set ^^.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And look what I found in the progress, ez money FoxTongue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Did another Papulatus solo and got rewarded with a card. I can almost reliably pin it so that's nice but it's not very comfy yet. I did it for the points but next week I'll be able to join zak runs hopefully and I won't be needing to scrape points so bad anymore FoxNo

[​IMG]

Ooo and I found an underpriced shadow shifter 20 book (500k) and passed it, guess this is one of the more expensive books for a shadower lol. Kinda feels bad for the seller but atleast the book gets put to good use. I've had my share of 2cheap sales and 2expensive buys anyway.

[​IMG]

Got some fat splits from 2x Rav runs FoxHehe

[​IMG]

And I worked my way through ToT a bit more. I've been enjoying the music there alot more than I thought I would though I guess that will lose it's charm pretty soon haha. Loving the temple of time questline, even though it's pretty bland the area looks cool and grinding there is pretty chill.

The areas after Dodo seem a bit hard still so I'll try to power up a bit before I continue through there.

[​IMG]

Finished at lvl 134. Progress is still pretty fast and AP reset gains are slow. I'm on the fence if I should get a third ring of melodies or not but I probably will. Then I should be able to use the rest of my points to get like 20 AP resets (I also want the pets and the PB chair). I really wanna get rid of my base int now but I don't see it happening any time soon.

Next up I'll grind a bit more trying to improve my gear and gain AP resets somehow. I don't have any clear way of achieving this which is pretty bad but we'll see where we end up.

Maybe I'll do Memory Lane 5 or Dual Ghost Pirates. Or try the CWK exchange again idk.

Anything but 7F lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

See ya FoxBye

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  5. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    5:57 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Epic, gj on capping out on points!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Brruh time goes by so fast, I've been kinda busy with other things. Lifes been good and stuff so I didn't really play during the event as much as I thought I would.

I've mostly been aimlessly grinding, both at ToT and Dual Ghost Pirates, still looking for a good spot after I left Himes and Ulu 2 might actually be good once I can 2 hit there. The Dual Ghost Pirates drop a pretty decent thief shoe and I managed to land a 10% on one. I think I'll finish it with 60%s and call it a day once my green sock expires.

It won't be amazing or anything but good enough. meh atleast I'll get back to 123% jump since I went down to 122% after switching out the valentines ring with an anniversary ring and it annoys me to no end. FoxXD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I managed to get all 250 weekly points for the first three weeks doing daily Latanica, the JQ 5x a week and grinding. Spent most of my points on AP resets and the temporary equips but I was feeling lucky so
    [​IMG]

I did need to pad my points with the occasional Pap or Rav run but those are pretty fun to do. Especially Pap though it's mostly because I like the aesthetic I guess.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also did some GPQs which is really fun to do. Not only that but I actually got taunt 30 and assassinate 30 skill books, not too shabby.

On one run I snatched the Ergoth card without rolling (3 man run), feels kinda bad but I guess it can't be helped now. It wasn't a big deal but it just sucks. I blew up the Ergoth and took the drops without really thinking about it FoxAwk

[​IMG]

And we made it to level 137. Next level I'll put 1 point into taunt and am undecided whether I want assassinate or more shifter. My skill points have been all over the place and I really should have put more thought into this before lmao.

This was the first level up since forever where I didn't bother getting MW20, I used my own MW9 instead. Can't really be bothered with it anymore and the effectiveness goes down with lower base int anyway.

[​IMG]

In between all of this I did alot of card hunting actually and made some good progress. Here's the sets I'm still missing. There's still alot of easy sets to get but it makes more sense to go after them once my damage gets better. I also haven't started Neo Tokyo at all though I guess it's a bit early still.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Here's the final stats, I'll grab the last couple points tomorrow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cya around, GL on the last day of the event FoxBye

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    11:57 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    gz on 137!
    Was that pap damage that you printed the dmg from a fully charged level 3 assassinate? (4 lines of 50k) :confused:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Haha no I wish. That's meso explosion I think 4k or 5k bags.

9. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Level 138 get!

The event has ended now, no more bonus exp FoxF4. It was good though, I managed to get a nice amount of AP resets and going out of my way to do bosses like Pap and Rav was difficult but fun. I wasn't able to join any zak runs sadly as I hit lvl 135 late into the event and I felt I'd just be holding others back still, hopefully next time FoxHehe.

Here's how I got my points during the last couple days extension.

[​IMG]

The JQ were some easy points and my last 5 runs got pretty consistent. I got overconfident and messed up on the last run, stuff like this happens to me alot FoxAwk

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Died at Black crow, meso guard ran out and I mistook MW for it. They're both kinda similar icons and I'm not really used to it.. He hits like a truck and one shots me without MG.

[​IMG]

Now that the event has ended I decided to do some CWK exchange. The first 2 runs I got an Ankh and mesogear rings (which I tossed rip). Can't get much any worse than that.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Guess again lol, I mean I suppose it's an improvement but I'd really just like to get 5 mill at least...FoxGhost

Leveled up in the process yay.

[​IMG]

Now my xmas socks are about to expire and I haven't found a replacement yet so I scrolled some myself. There's not much on the market even though I have like 260 mill to spend.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Downgrading feels bad =(

Here's the final stats. I lowered my base int even more and Kindof want to level up a bit while I still have some int. My projected HP/MP at lvl 200 is 30k/8,9k and I'd like to hit 30/10. Might go try 7F again later..

Oh and I calculated how much NX I'll need to hit 30k hp and reset my base int. It's going to take around 700 ish days with conservative calculations and only counting 7k NX daily from voting. TBH though once I hit like 15k HP I doubt I'll be in a rush to wash any more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Byebye FoxBye

• Like Like x 3
  10. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    How long does it take for you to solo Black Crow?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    It was around 30 mins when I first started doing it (with a bit of bombing, without bombing it would take 45 mins). Now it's 20ish minutes no bombing. I don't really focus on Crow as I try to hit 4 targets as much as possible. Trying to get as much exp as I can. Papulatus solo takes me roughly as long (less hp but it's invincible a lot).

12. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Level 139 Get!

Soo the event has ended and I've kindof been lost what to focus on now. I tried to grind at 7F for the so many-th time but can't last longer than 4 minutes lol. There's something about the map that just makes me want to leave...

First off my booties expired so I had to buy some new ones. Got a tip from Nightz777Nightz777 for a pair (thanks ^_^) and bought these for a little over 70 mill (yes I decided to not be a little bish and will share costs from now on, my dagger I bought for 175 mill SlimeSlime ).

[​IMG]

Usually when idk what to do next I turn to questing or card hunting which is always enjoyable for me, so I went and did both.

Found a random Shifter 20 skill book while hunting Leviathan FoxF2

[​IMG]

Got some random cards and almost cleared everything up to purple chapter now. Here's all the cards I'm still missing.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

As for questing I still have quite a few to do and they clear up pretty fast. Feels really good to watch the unfinished quest list get smaller and smaller. I've cleared a ton of quests around Mu Lung, El Nath, Aqua, Ludi and KFT. And some random stuff anywhere, good stuff.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Quickly closing in on 1000 quests completed, already at 922 now FoxTongue

Finished with the following stats. I'll go ahead and max assassinate now as I kindof want to be able to solo bosses faster and I'll try lower my base int more. It's a waiting game but every 10 int I take out gives me a nice damage boost and I'm starting to get into ''playable'' range I guess haha.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up I'll try to get to 1000 quests completed and find a place to grind exp at (or mesos either is fine for me tbh). Actually both mesos and exp would be ideal as long as it's enjoyable to me. I can't find my groove at 7F or ToT right now. Might go back to himes? lol or I'll give deep ludi/aqua a shot... I don't think any of those would work out for me haha. We'll see, I'm not in a hurry anyway.

ByeBye FoxBye

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Good on you for no longer being a little bish

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Level 140 get!

I went on a questing spree and before I knew it I ran out of easy ones finish. Had to resort to hunting Bigfoot for it's toe to get another clear (thankfully it dropped was not going to do this again FoxGhost). For some reason I didn't get a deputy star though, I think I missed the clover quest or something.. w.e.

[​IMG]

Finished with 1049 quests completed and only a couple left to do on the quest log. There's also a bunch of hidden ones but I'll just focus on clearing the log and leave them for maybe later.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Feels good not having my etc tab filled up with random quest stuff FoxHehe. I'm already kind of a hoarder so space is always an issue, we all have our issues I guess. Here's what I always carry around. Looking at it I'll get rid of the foxtails and nightshadow bandanas, I won't be going there anymore.

[​IMG][​IMG]

After all the questing I did a bit of card farming too. Got the last sets I was missing for the blue chapter so only purple black and gold remain. Purple should be pretty easy (Jr.Newtie stands out as difficult maybe but the rest not so much). Unlike questing card hunting is decent exp/mesos so that's nice.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Checked the rankings and I entered top 50 for quests and top 100 for cards. It's cool to see so many people have gone through ''all'' the quests now. When the quest ranking released there were like >10 people that made a dent in the available quests and many more quests have been added since with the release of new areas. It's a bit weird though with misable, job specific and event quests but that has its charm imo.

Ended with the following. I'll keep adding SP to assassinate and keep lowering my base int. ''Soon'' I should be able to hopefully be able to solo rav/pap comfortably, that's the goal to work towards for now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll get the purple Shaolin and Ninto card sets to finish another page on the monster book and maybe grind a bit. See you next time FoxBye

• Like Like x 2
  15. nbrandhorst1

nbrandhorst1 Blue Snail

Feb 28, 2021
    Dark Knight
    Awesome progress! I see you just passed me on the card rankings! FoxSpy Time to hunt some more hehe! Any tips on getting the Male Boss card? I've been at it in the armory for a bit while getting the Bain cards, but haven't seen a single Male Boss card so far.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Heyy is that you Max? I tried to keep up with you but ran out of steam, was fun though ^^. I now have to either 3-hit regular mobs or do bosses without maxed assassinate so I'll just grind exp for now and catch up with you later FoxF3

Male boss I got on the first map of showa (next to the raccoons when you walk from shrine to showa). One of the easier sets so maybe the one in armory just doesn't drop cards.

GlGl

17. nbrandhorst1

nbrandhorst1 Blue Snail

Feb 28, 2021
    Dark Knight
    Yeah it is! Alright I'll give it a shot in that map, thanks! I think you're right btw - according to the library they are 2 different mobs and the one in the Armory does not drop the card!

EDIT: Turned out to be pretty easy indeed, cycling ch for 15 minutes got me a complete set! Thanks for the tip! Now only Newtie and Montrecer to complete the purple tier!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Level 141! Getting dangerously close to being somewhat useful now FoxHehe

[​IMG]

Didn't really do much other than quest a bit more and work on the monster book. Monster book is becoming a drag as everything is now 3 hits or more with boomerang step. I should probably just hold off for now and grind but eww who does that.

Here's all the cards I'm still missing.

Other than that I tried my first Ravana solo after hitting 141. Yea it's pretty horrible FoxAwk
    I wasn't able to consistently hit 10Ks with assassinate (lvl 14) so I couldn't pin it left. The entire thing took 23 minutes and to top it off I got the saddest drops..

[​IMG]

I'll be back next level though to see the difference FoxF3

I'll do 4 more levels of mp washing, at that point I'll have washed enough to be able to reach 30k/10k HP/MP. That means in total I'll have mp washed from lvl 28 to lvl 145 which is 585 mp washes if I'm not mistaken (not counting the few mp washes I did before lvl 28 in order to do some early hp washing).

Not too bad I guess, looking forward to seeing my hp increase from lvl 145 onward, I'll be gaining 100-124 hp each level FoxF2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up is more grinding/card hunting, hopefully take out another 10 base int after level up. See you next time! FoxBye

• Like Like x 2
  19. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Do you have a list of your gear and int gear?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yea I have everything listed but I've no idea how to post an excell sheet (or a video for that matter) so I'll just upload some pics FoxAwk

Do note I haven't got any outside funding other than what I made while getting an I/L mage to lvl 9x for the tier 10 ring and whatever rewards I got while solo PQing. So yea it's nothing spectacular.

The int glove I got from a friend. Everything else I either bought or scrolled myself (mostly bought as I have had little success scrolling FoxF4).

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level 142 Get!

[​IMG]

Very cool.

I've mostly just been working on the monster book. Trying to get all the Leafre cards (other than Horntail) but it's pretty rough. Leviathan took me sooo long and only the wyverns are willing to drop their cards at a decent rate. We'll just push through though FoxF1

Leviathan didn't have any trouble dropping chairs so that's something, managed to pick up both colours. They're not the prettiest imo but it's an addition to the collection so yay. I even got a double chair drop and decided to quickly smega for someone to pick it up but it ended up being messy. Should've gone about this differently I guess but w.e. At least the chair didn't go to waste eheh. I did not realise it would be so popular...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More popular than selling free Ravana leech atleast lmao FoxCrazy.

[​IMG]

Anyways made some decent progress on the monster book once again:

And my level up got me to shave 3 mins off of solo Ravana. I was expecting a better time as I was somewhat consistently able to pin it left now but I can't complain. It's fine. Next level I can hopefully keep it pinned ''100%''.

[​IMG]

Next up I'll look at what gear upgrades are affordable for me. Everything is pretty expensive but I have like 200 mill saved up now. Not much of an idea what's a good move but we'll see. I'll also keep working on the monster book, hopefully finish the purple tier soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cya next time, thanks for reading! FoxBye

• Like Like x 4