1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sublets (Maple Journal)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Soblet, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    3:04 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Hey everyone..

I've read most of the journals on here and they're alot of fun, everyone has a different approach to playing this game. So I've decided to make my own journal to show mine.

First off a bit of background, I've played on this server in 2015/2016 (maybe 2017?) and when I quit I deleted my chars so I had to make a fresh start when I started playing about two months ago. Decided to start with a mage (obv.) and see what has changed over the years.

HD client, monster book, easy multiclient (never did multiclient before but it's pretty cool), tons of new areas, gach drops from monsters, big population, lots of other new features and fixes. Great work staff team :D.

So yea pretty hype, made my bandit and started collecting monster book cards on it using my mage.
    [​IMG]

Right now I've a couple goals for this character for the long term:
    • Complete the monster book
    • Obtain every PQ specific equip
    • Clear the available and in progress quest tabs
    • Wash to 30k HP
    And most importantly:
    • Have fun while doing this :D
    [​IMG]

So far collecting cards has been alot of fun, met some friendly and helpful people along the way ^_^

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's probably going to be another 1-2 months before I get to T10 after which I will start lvling up.

I'm planning on leeching my bandit through quests and PQs using multiple clients which means I'll have to create a couple more characters. Right now I think I'll make a squad of 3 mages (for their mobility and survivability) and an assassin to carry the party but I'm still undecided on what would be the best way to go about this (gunslinger seems infinitely more fun but probably just complicates things for a character I'm not going to get into triple digits anyway).

Reason for this is I love doing PQs and actually need to do them for the collectables but I'd hate to bring a full int thief and be a burden.

With that out of the way let's focus on the present.

I'm broke and need to get some half baked int gears (I will mostly be relying on mp washes but any int from equips helps). I also need to get some half decent assassin gear, which is alot cheaper now than it used to be atleast yay.

And work on the monster book.
    [​IMG]

w.e

• Like Like x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. Down4Senpai

Down4Senpai King Slime

Dec 14, 2020
    7:04 PM
    White Knight
    Oh hell yeah, Thieves lets goo!!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Tobue

Tobue Orange Mushroom

Dec 1, 2020
    Female
    9:04 PM
    Tobue
    Bishop
    ShadowSong
    Looking forward to following your journey! Good luck! MapleF13

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. HouseAuburn

HouseAuburn Capt. Latanica

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    10:04 PM
    That is absolutely insane to be getting T10 ring at this stage without Dark Sight. Good luck the rest of the way!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Down4Senpai

Down4Senpai King Slime

Dec 14, 2020
    White Knight
    Btw, go at your own pace, don't feel pressured that you have to post everyday unless you want to.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Thanks for the kindness everyone..

Card hunting~~

So I decided to finish up the weaker mobs around showa, started with the little mobsters and completed the paper lantern ghost set aswell.
    I've tried getting the Leader A/B and Extra D cards for about half an hour but they didn't drop any and they are still a bit too strong to comfortably grind on (also tried the water goblins but they're also a bit too strong still).

[​IMG][​IMG]

After that I wanted to finish up the weakest mobs left in my book. Jr Boogie was up first, figured I'd get the set in ZMM's grave map.

There's a little shortcut you can take to get to that map if you don't have flash jump, assaulter or are a gunslinger (idk what the skill is called that makes them jump around).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That saved me some time back when I got the ZMM card set ;).

After I'm done I'll head deeper into the tunnel to finish up the cold eyes and have a crack at the taurospear/macis (and jr rog), they're probably too strong aswell so if it doesn't work out I'll warp back to sleepywoord to get the golem cards in FOG.

It's beginning to look like I'll have to actually grind lvls on my mage if I want to be able to get to tier 10, but we'll see, I still have some low lvl sets to complete.

Gear progression~~

Spent all my mesos on a 12 int bathrobe, decent enough for washing and it helps my mages damage a bit. Now I just need a lvl 10 int hat and maybe I'll look into getting an int shield aswell but that's probably going to be too expensive int/mesos wise, we'll see.

Once I have those slots filled out I'll start looking for a maple claw, some luck earrings, an attack work glove and a coconut knife (probably scroll one myself with 1x10% and finish with 60%).

Why a coconut knife [​IMG] ?

Because it looks cool and I'll need a weapon to do my job advancement with, but also it has a faster(3) attack speed and does not require any luck (only need 10 str 40 dex) which is perfect for me as I'll have base 25 dex +10 from the ring already gets me at 35, close enough! The iron dagger is also pretty nice but then I'd have to go out of my way to get dex gear and I don't wanna bother.

Decided to also disclose my NX since it will be important for washing...

[​IMG]

See you next time~~

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Heey we are back just in time for the holiday!

I hope everyone will be enjoying Xmas with their loved ones either on here or IRL (or both) :D

The christmas event is really good but all of the QOL improvements etc. the patch brought were amazing, many thanks to the staff for being awesome :love:.

Card hunting~~

Last time I left off at wondering if I would be able to get to T10 without having to lvl up my mage, turns out there was a whole slew of easy cards left for the taking...

Went to FoG and Henesys golem maps to get all the golem cards which was super easy, after this I went to ninja town and got all the cards there except for bosses and Ninto (and got a 30% shield w.att drop hype).

Took off to the excavation site but ended up having trouble with the skeletons on horses (I had no idea they could not be frozen). At this time the Xmas event started and I was not about the get the raffle etc from the skeleton horses, so I got a bit of a setback as I have to walk all the way over there with 2 characters which takes a good while and if I can't clear it in one go I have to do that all again rip.

[​IMG]

Then I went on a rampage at Singapore and some random low lvl sets I skipped, got alot of the cards there and discovered there was some sort of circus land next to it (creepy place :eek:).

[​IMG]

And before you know it you end up at the next tier FoxF2

[​IMG]

Currently I am at Orbis finishing up the big cats cards, got some help from a friendly pirate :D
    (he's looking for blue pageants (lvl 80 pirate booties) if you have any give him a holler).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All in all I thought cards like Kargo and skeleton horse man would be difficult but it wasn't too bad. After finishing up Orbis cards I'll head to El Nath which should be fun as an 8x I/L mage..

Gear Progression~~

The raffle got me a green mitten which I will scroll for attack, hopefully 10 att (or12) and I also got a 2 dex sock which is a straight upgrade from my basic thief boots.
    Other than that I got nothing and didn't even gain alot of mesos. I got wrecked by gachapon pretty hard too. But it's all good, I won't need any good gear for a while...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyways stay safe and enjoy the last couple days of 2020, let's make 2021 a bit more bearable together ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    This whole journal thing is a bit outside of my comfort zone but I'll try to head towards making it somewhat more coherent and organised in the future, if I can :p.

Card hunting~~

In the last entry we left off at Orbis just needing to finish up the big cats. Which is exactly what we did.

Eliza is a bit of a special case for being able to summon Jr.Lucidas which also drop cards, and this will be the only place to get these. Now I was told I should give up on this since the drop rate is low and the kittens are hard to come by but I was not going to wait for an event rerun just to get a card so I gave it a try anyway.

Since I'm farming with a mage I thought mp eater might drain the Elizas mp making it unable to summon but thankfully that didn't seem to matter. It did run out of juice after about 12 minutes when it just didn't summon anymore, not sure how that works exactly but after another 12 mins at Eliza #2 I managed to finish up the last of the Orbis cards. Awesome.

I really like Orbis as it feels very open yet not empty and it has cool monster designs and lore (and OPQ :D).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After this I went to see if I could get some of the El Nath cards, but as expected I had a really bad time there using ice strike, even at the Jr Yeti's. So I turned back and headed to deep Ludi to try my luck. And in Ludi I learned something new...

Not only are there mobs that resist ice which makes them really really hard, there's actually mobs that are immune :vomit:... Major setback, yikes!

Decided to grind on Buffys a bit but it wasn't really working out as well as I had hoped, even with the new teleporter.

[​IMG]

So I packed up my things, headed to showa and got the sets for Leader A/B, extra D, firebomb and coolie zombie (I cannot enter the far parts of El Nath so this is where I could get their card fortunately.

[​IMG]

And now I am somewhat ''stuck'', I can either;
    • Try to get cards in El Nath from the monsters that resist holy instead of ice (and snowman).
    • See how far deep ludi can take me (oh boy sounds like fun..).
    • Go to the deep ant tunnel for tauros and dark drakes cards (alot of work for just 3 sets).
    • Get a couple more sets in singapore.
    • Go to Leafre as a lvl 84 IL mage..
    For now I'll try all my options and if I cannot make progress as well as I like I think I'll have to do some grinding or potentially gear up a bit more but I'm not sure how much that would actually help me.

I was hoping to start the hard part of card collecting with 30 sets left but nope..

Gear progression~~

I got an int nose from Torr, that's about it :p

Raffle rewards;
    • Black christmas recharger chair
    • Versalmas cactus
    • Green mittens
    • Maplemas ham
    • A use item that grants 30m.att buff, forgot the name w.e

[​IMG]

Until next time :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. HouseAuburn

HouseAuburn Capt. Latanica

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    10:04 PM
    I really like the fact that the Lucida statues have their own script. I know most of Orbis uses Greek. Wonder what the Lucidas could be hiding from us...?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    FoxShy

I think the Eliza questline gives some backstory on the kittens, I'll be sure to document it when I get to that questline again.

Look under the first spoiler in this thread for the backstory of OPQ and the pixies/goddess Minerva:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/orbis-pq-guide.7471/

11. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Entry number xmas and new years.

I've been grinding hard during the xmas event, mainly because I wanted to finish up the card hunting before the xmas event ended so I could complete my personal challenge of T10 at lvl 10 while still being able to finish the event quests since those would lvl me up.

Card hunting~~

[​IMG]

I died a couple times on my mage trying to kill the crimson rogs but all in all that was an easy and fitting last set. As the final boss of victoria island before heading out to the new world.

[​IMG]

These are all the sets that I haven't finished yet, looking back on it I would have had an easier time if I had got the Jr.Balrog set instead of either one of deep buffon or homunscullo/D.Roy.

Other than that it wasn't too bad :D

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Gear progression~~

As my mage is now lvl 95 I can one shot the dark cloud foxes and nightghosts which are a great source of mesos. I've sold some scrolls I found there and bought a bunch of earring luck and GFA. Managed to scroll these with fairly little effort, this will be a great start for my assassin carry :tick::tick:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Next up is finding a good dexless claw and maybe a luck overall or something. I already picked up a set of ilbi and Hwabi from Jr.Rog and idk where I found the ilbis tbh.

[​IMG]

It's not much int from gear but enough for me to not wait around any longer, I've been stuck at lvl 10 for too long now :D.

Next up I will start completing quests and work my way up to Kerning PQ. See you next time, stay awesome ^^

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  12. Dance

Dance Stone Golem

Dec 21, 2020
    Male
    Fiore
    Beginner
    Yesssssssssss! The journal continues!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. melissaj

melissaj Blue Snail

Jan 11, 2021
    Female
    Not possible! But wonderful.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    We did it baby~~ super excited I can finally leave lvl 10 behind :D :D

Leveling and washing~~

Leveling went very very fast as you can imagine. I did a bunch of quests until I hit lvl 22 at which point I could comfortably kill slimes and orange mushrooms so I could join a party to collect xmas presents daily. I have a feeling I am going to need those AP resets...

A bit of a bummer that I have to ask people for MW every time I lvl up but it can't really be helped (and alot of people are really nice and don't mind at all :yay:).

My very first lvl up, thanks so much for the MW
    [​IMG]

And my latest lvl up, I am currently at lvl 24 with about 400 hp over minimum and mp is at minimum. Having done 19 hp washes and 4 mp washes.
    [​IMG]

Questing~~

Not very much to say at this point, I traveled to Orbis and Ariant to clear the missable quests and I did the first Kerning and Sleepywood JQs which is always fun.

Oo and I did the Amoria hair quest, I swear they designed this quest to get people to spend money..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gear progression~~

Wow I got absolutely wrecked trying to scroll my dagger.

[​IMG][​IMG]

And here's the results after 12x60% and 40x10% dagger scrolls, 2/40 10%s worked and 3/12 60%s worked.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Oh and I had 2 x 2 luck seclusion wristguards and 2 70% shield att scrolls, one of them boomed and the other failed, epic.

I guess I'll just buy an apple for my job advancement and be a sad bandit lolol.

Card hunting~~

Is finally over, I will have to get the King Slime card set along with some nice booties but lvling has gone so fast I'll have to pace myself, yikes I really don't want to have to suicide at KPQ already.

Miscellaneous~~

Oh and I got a new look (and a new guild, thanks Noam), I hope you like it as much as I do. Still need to change the eyes but idk into what yet..

[​IMG]

See you next time ^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    4:04 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Nice progress!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Second job get! :D :D

Leveling and washing~~

After my last report I took some time to level up 4 other characters to lvl 21 to use as mules for the various upcoming PQs. Using HPQ this process went quite fast and after 13 KPQ runs of about 16 mins each I finally reached lvl 30 (I got one OA int and two OA dex scrolls from KPQ after 13x5 rewards rip).

I went to see how far off I was from being able to finish the second job advancement. I was planning on buying an onyx apple or waiting for GM buffs but to my surprise..

[​IMG]

Easy enough without buffs. Also yea I only had lvl 1 double stab, instead I maxed out disorder. This job advancement was the only time I would have a use for maxed out double stab while disorder will be fun to use forever ;).

Very happy that this was no issue, I wonder how third job advancement will go..

At level 30 I have:

1642/801 clean HP/MP after 30 HP washes and 26 MP washes.

Questing~~

Apparently Dark Lord is a lady.

[​IMG]

But yea I am only doing quests as a means of lvl up or if they are missable at the moment.

Gear progression~~

Got a chaos scroll from the raffle on my mage :cool:. Much hype, will probably use it on the broken glasses when I get them.

I also bought a cool maple claw for my LPQ carry. Scrolling things myself has become a bit scary...

[​IMG]

Card hunting~~

King Slime from KPQ all done. Next up will be Alishar..

Goals~~

Getting the entire 5 character crew up to lvl 35 for LPQ.
    Keep on MP washing with every fresh AP from now on.

Cya next time ^^

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    11:04 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    The face when lv.10 got t10 ring while none of my chara graduated even snail map just right of lith harbor...

Great work! Salute on your madness

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    LPQ has just begun~~

Leveling and washing~~

I took my time to get my PQ mules to level 35. First by leveling them to 30/31 through KPQ and after that by doing the Ariant questline. I Only got them to lvl 34 so I did the rest by self leeching with my I/L mage at teddies (I did random Victoria Island quests on my main instead of leeching).

Right now they are all lvl 35 and I just completed my first LPQ, it's been a while so it was fun rediscovering it sortof.

I thought assassins complained too much when Rombots we're spawned quickly but I kindof get where they were coming from now haha..

[​IMG]

Got a lucky early stage 8 clear (JMS) :p

[​IMG]

And assassins are OP, even at lvl 35 with somewhat minimal funding.

[​IMG]

Cleared the entire thing in 34 mins, not too bad considering a non solo run would be about 20 mins I think? I lost a bunch of time looking for two shadow mobs that I missed and because I summoned the Rombots too quickly..

I'll probably join other people with both my assassin and bandit if I get the opportunity. Doing this alone for I don't know how many runs might not be the best for my sanity.. We'll see, it's good to know I can atleast carry a party.

[​IMG]

At level 35 I have done a total of 30 HP washes and 31 MP washes. Clean HP/MP is 1752/1294.

Gear progression~~

I got nothing new and my next upgrade will likely be the broken glasses.

Card hunting~~

First Alishar card get!

[​IMG]

Goals~~

Level up the squad and obtain the broken glasses.
    Keep on MP washing with every fresh AP.

Cya next time ^^

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. CoolDavid

CoolDavid Brown Teddy

Apr 19, 2018
    4:04 AM
    DavShad
    Shadower
    GuildLess
    Amazing, keep updating!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Getting settled in LPQ..

Leveling and washing~~

Did some more LPQ runs, mostly solo but joined a couple with just my bandit and some with both my bandit and assassin. My solo clear time went down to an average of about 30 mins which isn't too bad if you consider not having to wait to find a party etc (and also getting 5x more rewards than running with one character).

However I ran into an issue, stage 5 is actually a nightmare to do solo. I think it was like 8-9 mins even with max haste. Considering I will be doing alot of LPQ I decided to add a 6th member to my party, a gunslinger :D.

While lvling up the pirate as fast as I could I ran into the legend Wamu who had just remade his character because he accidentaly overleveled for LPQ lmao. See you back in Ludi!

[​IMG]

This is my first time creating a pirate, so a couple things I learned;
    • Gunslinger mobility is awkward as hell, all three of the skills (maybe I just need to get used to it).
    • Gunslingers do not get a barrel.
    • 2nd job advancement is weird.
    After reaching lvl 35 on the slinger I was finally able to see if the effort paid off. After doing some more LPQ runs my average time went down with about 5 mins (about 25 mins for a run) even with 6 members instead of 5. Pretty good and it will probably come in handy with the later PQs aswell. I was considering maybe dropping my spearman or F/P mage since they don't contribute much right now but I'm not sure yet.

Right now the party looks like:

[​IMG]

At level 41 I have done a total of 129 HP washes and 81 MP washes. Clean HP/MP is 3467/794.

Gear progression~~

Spent about 40 mill (which was all of my mesos rip) on this top and cape. The cape will be a nice replacement for the 6 int maple cape I am using and the top won't be of use before I hit lvl 130 which is a long long ways away.. But I like the color and it seemed like a decent deal. Plus it's nice to have something to work towards. Yea I'm justifying the purchase for myself I know it's not very smart to buy now, w.e :p.

I probably won't be buying anymore int gear from now on and focus on getting a zakum helm and deputy star.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Card hunting~~

Completed the Alishar set. If anyone is in need and willing to go through a 20-25 min run for a ''guaranteed'' card hit me up ingame.

Goals~~

Level up the squad and obtain the broken glasses.
    Keep on MP washing with every fresh AP.
    Save up mesos to buy 2 zak helms (one for my bandit and one afk run for the assassin)

Cya next time ^^

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3