1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Automatical Buffs Events.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lirbo, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    2:12 AM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Hello everyone,
    My suggestion is to make a system that would buff everyone in the server at scheduled times.
    The times could be announced via the site, for example: "Automatical GM Buffs in: 32 minutes."

Pros:
    • People won't have to come to FM to get the buffs.
    • PQers won't need to Whisper the admins.
    • People will know when they should log in.
    • Nice idea for weekends etc.

Cons:
    • None except from the fact it would have to get scripted.

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:12 AM
    Moderator Post
    The important thing what I find while running a server is that the staff interact with its users. I personally do not believe in automated events nor buff events because it makes it feel for users we don't care about them and we just lazely activate an automatic buff event.

So, no. I am not in for automatic events, since I find it important to interact with my users.

Besides that scheduled events make people only login when an event happens, which is bad as well.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

12:12 AM
    To add onto what Kim said, I also believe this would make player population come in waves.
    People would play at say 6pm ST (scheduled buff) and the server population would be high for the duration of the buff but then at 8pmST the server would be dead, and it would repeat the same cycle with every buff time.

• Like Like x 3
  4. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    5:12 PM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    And to add to all of that.. I don't think its possible to program that automatic gm buffs thingy.

5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:12 AM
    Moderator Post
    Technically speaking it is. You can actually schedule a script to buff the whole server, or FM, etc.

• Like Like x 1