1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] FM Storage

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Distance, Oct 9, 2020.

Should we call Scrooge for a Job Interview at MapleLegends?

1. YEAHHHHHHH SCROOOGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WOOOT WOOTTT

15 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. I'm an intelligent Mapler (will explain myself in the comments)

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. Distance

Distance Dark Stone Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    10:07 AM
    Edit: removed some jokes from post.
    Scrooge does storage.
    1. Scrooge must get very lonely or bored living on his pension, remote from civilization, somewhere in a cold, dark void, where NPCs go when they are dismissed.
    2. Really now, I think this could be a minor way to make an incentive for players to open pot mules on their original account rather than on a new one. Imagine you open a new account for a pot mule (so you can trade your main wherever he may be through FM). Well, then you get addicted to the feeling of opening more and more accounts for more mules. Obviously, we can't put a cork on the situation already, but we can minimally improve sectors where there is a clear advantage to using multiple accounts.
    3. You can still charge for using Scrooge's services in the FM. Just, more than the storage keepers on Victoria Island, and (it'd be in my opinion better if it's) less than tax on trades.
    This could lead us to... a disadvantage.
    The obvious con is that it can worsen the repercussions of the trade button which is un-GMS-like. Before you could only zap to the FM with the press of a button and commit trades with other users (or your own mules), with this change you could use the storage from almost anywhere in the Maple World.
    Oh no?
    Actually, I don't think that's a real problem. Multiclienting was blocked in GMS. We have things that are un-GMS-like.
    (Look around you, they've got us surrounded with these things)

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:07 AM
    Moderator Post
    I don't take suggestions that are written like this serious.

On a different note, I have rejected Scrooge to be added in the FM multiple times before because we have the FM warp available.

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:07 AM