1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion for next patch and my opinion on the last

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xquzion, Nov 23, 2016.

1. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    4:57 AM
    Sean
    Gonna write something constructive for once, let's start.

Last patch brought us some really good *late game content*, good grinding spots, new boss run, finally bot dex 60 became farmable from a map where u don't need to lose your sanity to farm one (YnP) so at least these additions got me hyped enough to play again.

Ok Sean, that's rly nice man but where's the catch?

-the issue is that this patch was delayed for far too long. Had this patch been rolled out maybe 1 year earlier server would be able to maintain a high pop for far longer, why? Many people from back in the day (Launch) complained about how the server went on for many months without any content addition and late game became boring to them.

Most of them probably thought that HT would be never taken down so after doing some zak runs or hitting high levels there was pretty much nothing left for them to do.

Of course all the staff has been pretty busy I assume, we all have lifes to tend to but ultimately for me this delay is what brought a low playerbase.

According to Kim she prefers this little playerbase, although it's hurting the server's economy and the community in the long term because from now on, every player lost will be affecting the server's playercount.
    I don't have statistics or logs to back my words of course, but im kinda sure that newcomers are less than people quitting, feel free to argue with me on this.

Anyway, even though it took a long time, I have to say thank you for the last patch and shoutout to poof for all the Nx additions in the last months, they all are amazing.

so what is my suggestion and what would I think would help the server in the long term, maybe even attract more players or quitters?

Add more late-game related PQ's.
    Buff PQ exp rate to 1.25/1.5

PQ's PQ's PQ's mapler's favorite way of grinding (certain levels)[(at least of many]

Basically what happened back when there was no content, people did LMPQ as their last one, then went on to WS, WR ,Himes, Newts, BF's and Skele. Im pretty sure I included most of the maps you would find a 12x person grinding. So the only thing left for them to do was painfully grind on these maps alone and IF they were lucky they had a bishop friend, bought leech or were smart enough to go bishops as 1st char. After they were done grinding what? The ultimate challenge was zak only, do it over and over again, you get a nice helm, skillbooks ok done bye.

what legends really needs right now are the PQ's the high levels are missing out. For starters you could at least remove the level limit for kpq/lpq so us slackers who sit on fm most of the time can go help, meet new people and have fun. Im gonna say that APQ would be greatly welcomed especially among high levels since apple's would help reduce HT ttk drastically and i think its in the plans as far as I have heard? Im not sure.
    My next up on the list would be CWKPQ but I think MoN might render HTP useless for certain jobs and create a gap of power. Those are only 2 PQ's that come on my mind right now, since we didn't have much content in EMS either, feel free to suggest any other you know and want to be added.

TL;DR
    Delayed content dropped playerbase, economy hurts due to this,
    most of the high level players i've known left simply because there was nothing left for them to do, PQ's forged friendships and were the most fun we had and is what I as a player since launch am missing right now.

again thank you for providing us an amazing server to play on and I hope you continue adding awesome content. Sorry if something doesn't make sense but it's 5 am for me and im kinda tired so feel free to discuss below

ps, some slight bonus exp events might help as well, maybe every other weekend x1.15 bonus exp or something

• Like Like x 13
  2. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    8:57 PM
    +1 on APQ and CWKPQ perhaps without MoN so HT necklace doesnt become obsolete.

I agree on your point about PQ's. Now getting a party for OPQ/PPQ is next to impossible. And I have good memories from PPQ since I met a bunch of amazing people there some of them still play oh well actually only nubjuleznubjulez RIP Makuchan and the rest feelsbadman

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:57 AM
    Moderator Post
    Besides 'minor map projects', we are also working on one massive area, which is very end game. No, not Ulu, but something else. However, there's so much that need be done for that map (example, each mob has about 60+ drops), so its seen as a big project, and also one that will take some time.

For Christmas patch we most likely have one more area to release, which will finish our line of Oversea maps we had in planning. After that I will generally focus on more areas, again more for mid and end game, so people have more things to do again.

As for APQ. APQ will and have always being a promise by Navi. Unfortunately this promise was also a promise to us staff members, and unfortunately he could't deliver this promise just yet. If for any reason Navi just don't want deliver the promise ever, it will go by the timeframe GiGi provided here: Click

To give a more 'non nerdy' insight of what GiGi is currently doing. Gi is currently re-writing a lot of portions of the current source. This is currently his main focus, which is why he's usually working behind the scene and not really in-game. This is seen to him as his project, since the current source while very stable, its in end still based on a very old public source, which has a lot that can be very improved. Things such as the scripting system, the command system, and the overall system gets a complete overhaul.

PoofcakesPoofcakes and I are especially focusing right now on bringing new content. I usually do the drops, documenting, and adding the content itself and Poofcakes does the server sided kind of things. Which is scripting, reactor code, hair/face shops, etc. Poofcakes does also a lot of other things, and I already appreciated/mentioned in the intern welcome topic.

Legends is nowhere to go and the player count or related is not the thing that keep me going. Its the quality and the community support we are getting, as well as the support from the staff itself. I welcome more users, but I want the community to stay tight such as now. That's the most important thing to me.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 16
  4. Planisphere

Planisphere Master Chronos

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Australia
    11:57 AM
    Planisphere
    Shadower
    Plus we naturally gravitate towards quality anyway OnionCoffee

5. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    9:57 PM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    FoxNo

• Like Like x 4
  6. OP
    OP
    xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    4:57 AM
    Sean
    well i certainly hope it wont turn out like ToT then, will it include a high lvl PQ?

7. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Hmm, sort of? We don't wanna give too much away. :D I don't know when it'll be finished either.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    And speaking about ToT I will be reviewing the drop rates in near future.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    7:57 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I have one major request for next patch: make the patcher work!! :cry:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

2:57 AM
    :O

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    But it's not the only time. The patch previous it didn't work. Neither did the one before that. I think that out of all the patchers you guys ever put out, only one has worked for me.

12. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

2:57 AM
    Yeah 2/4 worked for me

13. Jente

Jente Brown Teddy

May 28, 2015
    Male
    ChooChoo
    Bishop
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Planisphere

Planisphere Master Chronos

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Australia
    11:57 AM
    Planisphere
    Shadower
    Trying to get to the end of ToT for the sake of it Onionthehehe

• Like Like x 1
  15. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    "Very" end game you say? Does that mean... MF VON LEON AND LHC??!!?!? HYYYYYYYPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Anything else will be such a let down :(

16. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    OR Cygnus garden that's pretty hype too but let's face it, we got no apples no MoNs, we would all get rekt at garden :c

17. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    How about Cygnus first before Cygnus Garden :p

18. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    We don't need Cygnus class :/ at their capped 120 level, theyre only an equivalent of like a normal job at level 140 :/

Now dualblade I can totally get behind. That shit was what I was born to play OnionCourage

19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    By very late game content, I really hope MW 30 will be available. It just feels so incomplete leaving a skill that should be maxed out at 30 to only 20.

20. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Are you suggesting you think that we can take down pink bean.....? :p