1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] HT prequest tweaks

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Krauser94, Apr 19, 2018.

Do you think those would be good changes?

1. Yes

91.7%
  2. No

8.3%
  1. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    6:24 PM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Ok, so since the last threads wondering some changes and improvements, i wanted to touch a subject that appeared there; HT prequest.

(Im going to post the TL;DR here because im sure half of the people will skip it)

Change 1: Make Manon drop Cry according to party members that killed it.
    Change 2: Make the "Medicine of transformation" a real item.

Let's start:

I will put the issues inside spoilers so it's less crowded visually.

1st Issue: Manon Cry

Some people addresed how annoying is the current situation on the HT prequest, but not due to dagger and marrow not dropping, no, mostly due to the Manon cry being a waste of time.

Let's state some real issue here. Manon, not like most of the other bosses is brutally killed for WAY TOO MANY REASONS:
    - Needed for job adv.
    - Needed for HT.
    - Drops a chair (which looks awesome and collectors obviously want)
    - Drops some books

So when people asked for changes in there is for a reason. It's not challenging, nor difficult, is just an unnecesary waste of time for everyone.

For the usual HT runners, we need to farm it by waiting a few hours hanging on a rope or sitting inside the map just until he spawns and gets killed in less than 2 minutes. WOW, INTENSE!

What causes this? this causes people that just needs to job adv, or do his HTPQ for a skill (and that CAN'T kill him alone most likely) not only die there, but wait hours waiting on a rope in hopes that no one enters to their map and steals it.

Let's add a comparison now with Zakum prequest:
    In zak prequest you have 3 stages. First one rewards team up with others to complete it, Second one rewards your skills (on a JQ) and the Third one rewards your killing skills (or mesos if you are lazy). All this to end with a nice rewards of 5 eyes of fire so you can run the boss after your nice experience and challenging prequest.

So after saying that, the argument of "a boss like HT should be challenging, so let the prequest as it is" is not a valid point since the start.

What would be my suggestion? (and from many other players too)
    Change the drop of Manon for a cry for every party member that slaughtered him. (Make it "one of a kind" so it's not possible to stack if that's one of the fears -.-). This is a total different change from modifying his spawn, which changing his time will affect more on the kills for equips, chairs and other shit. This will only be an impact for people interested in HT, that is going to go and kill him anyways AND will add a factor of "working up together" to get the items, interacting with other members as a community. Let's save the Manon from ourselves!

[​IMG]

2nd Issue: Medicine of transformation

The other needed change imo is the quest. The fact that you can't exchange the quest right after you gather items is a problem in quite a variety of senses.
    -You lose 5 ETC slots on a very unnecesary way
    -newbies that have never done it before (mostly bishops for gene) get trapped inside thinking they will get a potion of transformation as Moira promises.

So basically, the change would be adding the item after retrieving the quest so no one gets on trouble and is less annoying for people. This was suggested a few time ago, with the change of the teleport if you dc inside the cave, but, even when it passed as "accepted", no one said anything more on that side.

Idk why is not added or functional in some way, maybe it was like that in GMS, but still kinda weird in my opinion. The sprite is there, Moira shows the shape of the pot, so i don't see why not implementing it. (after some small research on bbb.hiddenstreet, here is the item btw):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(This can be compared with the Zakum prequest again, where you get the item necessary to do the run)

So yeah, basically my suggestion would be that. Finally adding an item that gives less problems when gathering either for HTPQ, or just to slay HT.

I want to hear opinion from people if they think the first suggestion can be polished somehow, but i think the second one doesn't have any single problem. In both cases, i don't think the things would change to a easier spot or to a harder one, they will only be improved, which is good.

Thanks for reading! and sorry if there is something unclear, i will gladly clarify it MapleF2

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    bump. I want to see opinions on this subject

3. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    Yes yes yes and yes, I hate losing 5 ETC slots to a prequest.

Manon changes are also great.

Good job Dani c:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    [​IMG]

For a world with less trapped bishops in a dark and cold cave alone! MapleF5

1 transformation potion = 1 bish saved

• Like Like x 1
  5. FeroxAnima

FeroxAnima Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    7:24 PM
    Zelretch/HerSlave
    Bishop
    Horny/Muse
    Really well thought out, imo c:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    *cough cough* dropping this here... *cough*

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Is there any gm reaction to this? These suggestions are really good.
    Definitely the transformation elixir. Not proud to say that I fell for it too... And in those early levels it takes multiple hours to collect the items

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    I would like to know too, since there has been quite good acceptance by the ppl that saw this thread. Either reasons why or why not some of those things could be added (but again, imo is a must) SlimeGrin

9. PerfektAim

PerfektAim Slime

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    PerfektAim
    Outlaw
    Aloha
    In the other topic about ch reduction someone suggested moving the Dragon Chair from Manon to Griffey. That would spread out the hunters from the HT'rs.
    You make one boss popular for bossing, and one for collecting. Both are equally popular.

I would also agree on your one of a kind, drop-for-everyone suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Yeah, changing the chair would be another of the good things to do, but instead of Griffey i would use Pianus.
    I know Manon is obviusly a dragon, but griffey is a "bird" (a griffin anyways). So instead of distributing the rewarding load on both (thinking only about hunters and HT runners) and screwing a little the ppl that needs both bosses for job adv, i will put it on a major boss that doesn't have any reward like those.

Also, another good thing about Pianus is that the "mini pianus" are tradeable so that wont interfere in ppl doing the "Hero's Will" skill quest cause they can buy or loot from other the "mini pianus" etc.

Also, when Pianus dies shows up his skull, which kinda looks like the chair (a huge "kinda" not gonna lie, but a skull in the end)
    Like this:
    [​IMG]

but i like your idea, everything that helps in this sense to reduce stress over Manon kills is helpful! SlimeGrin (Thanks a lot for the feedback :heart:)

11. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    NiseNise any new-gm input here? ^^

12. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    2:24 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I do think there has to be a change with the HT pre-quest requirement. I had made a suggestion of how the Skipping Stone (for HTPQ) could give a permanent item that lets you skip the pre-Q, but I think it might be veering too much to custom content, opposed to sticking to the nostalgic content of what maplestory used to be back in v62.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Indeed how we have it is the GMS-like way (asked KimberlyKimberly).

They made an item for it because that's just how Neckson handles buffs, even design an icon for it sometimes like with the Dragon Elixir, but yeah the user never actually gets to interact with the item. I think they show the item in the quest dialogue because she refers to it with "this medicine". I don't know if the quest was ever changed to actually reward the item in a post v62 version.
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    But still, even if it was like that in GMS, it doesn't seem wrong in some way? a poor way from NX to deal with things? There is no way to do an item like the Tigun quest one?

[​IMG]

There should be a way for it to be implemented and fix this, no?

Also, i was looking for some videos but most of the recent stuff i found is people soloing HT, so if you are going to solo you don't care about going in, but when you go with a squad or if you are a new player that just need genesis, it feels more needed too.

Or at least people seems to like this idea so if it's not too hard it could be done. It will keep the quest gathering intact, but doing less annoying the retrieving

15. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    It is 100% possible to have it like that, I'm just answering your question where you asked why it's like this. :p It's not broken, so I wouldn't call any change a "fix", just a custom change. I currently don't have an opinion on it myself.

• Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Well, it's not broken, but is really poorly planned, that's why i suggested an "improvement" to it. And knowing it can be done, i think it would be a good idea to put it. It might be custom, but is still better than what NX did, and won't be something bad to the game imo SlimeGrin

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. FeroxAnima

FeroxAnima Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    7:24 PM
    Zelretch/HerSlave
    Bishop
    Horny/Muse
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    With the overwhelming positive response and with me not disagreeing with it either (especially when channels get reduced), this suggestion is now approved on most part of how you wanted it, for next patch.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1