1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: Lower the price of AP Resets (Updated)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Iced, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    4:16 PM
    Slave
    I addressed this, albeit lightly, at the end of my post; I said that yes, this is artificial difficulty, meaning that it's not really a challenge, but it's not so much a hurdle either -- if it's not really an issue, why should it be "fixed?" This makes the game less tedious, yes, but it's more of a convenience fix than a necessary one.

2. Prophet

Prophet Master Chronos

Feb 1, 2017
    Male
    3:16 PM
    Quasar
    Outlaw
    And when Kim finds out, there could be another rollback depending on the extent of the damage done; it's a can of worms I'd rather not even consider.

On another note, I like the suggestion to discount the price when purchased in bulk like with gach tix. For something so frequently bought, I've always wondered why it wasn't bundled

• Like Like x 1
  3. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Yeah ofc, the whole RB debacle is just a headache and a few black holes put together. I don't even know where or how I'd want to address those issues...

But I can see merit in the whole discount thing for huge bundles.

4. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    They did just give out 30 free AP resets (candles quest whole month of April). If anything, more AP reset events over lowering the current NX rate. Just my opinion...

5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    2:16 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I wouldn't call them "free" ...

• Like Like x 1
  6. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    It would be disingenuous to call them free considering the candle drop rate. And there was definitely not 30 resets since the quest was not repeatable for the first week iirc.

7. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    Oh so sorry, 25ish and you are not paying for them with NX, so considering them "free" since no NX is being spent. Just have to put the effort to do it.

Would you rather have them cheaper or work for them? That is the point I am making.

8. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    I'm fine with events, but the drop rate's pretty punishing as they are now (probably as to not have a repeat of the hunting gachapon scenario we had a few weeks ago). That said, such an event can get tweaked in the future (hopefully the near future).

• Like Like x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Iced

Iced Horny Mushroom

Apr 13, 2017
    Male
    Iced / Foul
    I/L Arch Mage
    Beaters
    So after talking with a few people about this thread, I believe if there was any change that the new price should still be higher than 1,000 NX. A lot of people on here made some good points too as well as the angry pro's who say I suffered through it, so you have to as well (not directly but pretty much).

So without dismissing this thread I'd rather update it to where it is easier to HP Wash, but not MEGA easy. So what do people think about 2,500 NX Per AP Reset? That way you get at least 2 a day, 14 a week rather than 3 in 2 days, 11 in a week. Not sure about SP, don't think they are really used.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    I like the idea of a bundle package: 1=3.1k 5=15k 10=28k and so on (just using random numbers but a larger discount for larger bundles like with gacha).

Also events that can offer them as rewards. Doesn't need to necessarily be exactly the same as candle quest but something that would make you work for the AP reset. That way those who are actually committed to the character can actually work to better the character rather than just wait X days for X NX to buy X AP resets.

Or can just keep it as it is and like other have stated, suffer through it like they have. However,I am just a silly mage. What do I know about AP resets :confused:

11. OP
    OP
    Iced

Iced Horny Mushroom

Apr 13, 2017
    Male
    Iced / Foul
    I/L Arch Mage
    Beaters
    I do like the daily quest idea. If we could also get a quest in like Henesys or Orbis, maybe even Ludi where we can at least get 1 AP a day, I'd do it. The only problem I have with cakes is no mob skill, rip. As far as the bundle goes, not really sure on the prices you present. 5 for 15k is basically waiting 3 days for a 100nx discount on each. 28k for 10 is also just minus 300 on each for saving for 6 days. The thing with gacha you gotta remember is they made 30k for 35 tickets. So a bundle usually gives a little more for what you save.

12. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
  13. OP
    OP
    Iced

Iced Horny Mushroom

Apr 13, 2017
    Male
    Iced / Foul
    I/L Arch Mage
    Beaters
    Oh, why did I never think about that being a possibility? I'm just used to using a mob skill and whatever drops, drops. So it takes just as long for everyone, thanks for the info!

14. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    And to preserve the discount rates, 11 resets to 31k and 35 to 93k hold the same % discount that gachapon tickets have currently ( at the 3100/reset).

HOWEVER, I wouldn't tweak to these bundle proces right away seeing as one would would need to take into account the weight of benefits you get from a gachapon ticket vs an AP reset.

15. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    2:16 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    It's still not "free". In one instance you pay for the AP reset with 3,100 NX. In the other instance, you pay with 2-5 hours of your life wasted grinding on a map with really weak mobs.

If I go to a restaurant and eat a meal and don't pay them with cash, guess what? I will still be "paying" them, either by washing dishes or by paying some jail time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    Takes me about 30minutes to an hour to do quest (including return scrolling to turn in boxes in hopes of blue danas). Idk where you are grinding at but I do the 2nd map over from bottom right of Hene. Could just be chain lightning being OP on that kind of map.

17. Rehab

Rehab Mushmom

Dec 21, 2016
    Male
    I'd like this post MapleF11

18. Lily

Lily Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 23, 2015
    Female
    UK
    9:16 PM
    Lick
    F/P Arch Mage
    Alternatively, just get rid of AP Resets on HP washing and increase the health gain per advancement for classes to compensate, because it's absurd that this is still a thing.

It's not a fun exploit-turned-mechanic like rocket jumping or movement cancelling, it's literally just a barrier to entry for half of the classes in the game. It's not as if there's balance involved, since washing itself has already destroyed that part...

• Like Like x 6
  19. FooL

FooL Slime

May 2, 2017
    Lake Titicaca, Peru
    Fool
    Beginner
    THIS

20. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    10:16 PM
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    You can't do this anymore. Too many people have invested in HP washing for it to be promptly removed.

The only option I see is making an alternative way to gain HP (with a cap) so people can reach a certain amount of HP that allows them to boss. Maybe pay for HP with nx or meso (meso sink!).

This way people can play however they want without having to be scared of their character being useless late game, while the cap makes sure people who do invest time and money into HP washing don't feel like they wasted their time.