1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Make equipment rewards from party quests tradeable within your account

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Soblet, Jun 8, 2021.

1. BurnWithin

BurnWithin Mano

Dec 23, 2018
    4:26 PM
    Good idea and it'll increase incentive to do PQ which is a very fun part of the game.
    But, Broken glasses is potentially best end-game item for NL & shad via chaos scrolls coz it also increase LUK unlike Spectrum Goggles.
    I'm not against the idea anyways since it look more fair for char that already pass lv50 that didn't own chaosed glasses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. NinKirin

NinKirin Blue Snail

Mar 29, 2018
    5:26 AM
    NinKirin
    Chief Bandit
    Bump.

I do think this a good idea as it will revitalize PQing for a long period of time as a lot of the PQ equips can be top tier if you get lucky and scroll them right.

I think a way that can circumvent the untradeable aspect (as it may not be possible to implement the function of "tradeable within account") is to make it so, that progress in any PQs can be exchanged for a Cash Item (e.g turning altaire fragments into a cash item something similar akin to gachapon tickets) that can be moved from one char to another, and exchanged on other characters for the PQ equipment.

This has the downside of not making the equipment moveable within the account once claimed on a character, but the upside is, that people who want them, will have to PQ a lot more if they wish to get some nice gear on all their other characters, while at the same time not crashing the markets on tradeable eye accessory/earrings etc.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    11:26 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I like this better than my original suggestion, only issue I see with this is that some of the PQs don't track progress with an etc item (KPQ/LPQ/PPQ). If the progress can be tracked account wide this would be amazing.

No need to mess with the equips properties :yay:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    And IIRC PPQ rewards the pirate hat inside the PQ so that would have to be changed aswell.

5. Fix

Fix Slime

Dec 27, 2021
    Male
    Sondre
    Shadower
    Nimbus
    Excellent idea!

Good input, but could this be circumvented by introducing some claimable cash shop item for the PQs in question?

Let us take KPQ as an example:
    Say you do 10 PQs, then you could claim x10 items which can be transfered through cash shop, which again could be used to cash in "completed KPQs" at the PQ NPC.

This could even be made so there is a penalty as to incentivize doing the PQs on the character you want the item on. By penalty I mean that perhaps 15 PQs give x10 items or something along those lines.

This could also be introduced to the PQs that already have ETCs linked to them (trade in ETCs for CS versions), so no tampering with any current items is required.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hanger

Hanger Orange Mushroom

Mar 27, 2021
    Male
    Malaysia
    5:26 PM
    Permanovice
    Beginner
    GangGang
    It's kind of important to reiterate that we should not have those equips listed as Cash Gear, as some have already mentioned. Not just so that islanders don't have access like Soblet suggested, but also because cash items can be worn on top of your normal gear. Think the event pendant Burning Snowflake Pendant. Stacking these things is way too op. If it is going to be implemented, it has to be through storage system.

7. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    2:26 AM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    The assumption that Cash Gear denotation would only cover normal gear could be false, since it may not be a coded as such, maybe similar to pet equips.

I have faith in the development team and balance team that they'd be able to adjust the values for Islanders, and also be able to put the PQ equips into the Cash Shop without stacking issues.
    • there's no downside for islanders to have those PQ equips, since the level range is too high for INT Washing
    • also, of all the stats, only speed and jump can give QoL to Islanders, which is good
    • the eph has been shown to not be affected by jump, and only marginally affected by speed (which still isn't breaking any of islanding aspect of farming and grinding)
    Having the Cash Shop transferrable would be good, especially for those who have multiple characters on their account and allow ease of use, and still can be untradeable to prevent market crash.

This improves the QoL of PQs, to draw in more players to run the PQs instead of waiting for hours.

8. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    5:26 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    100% Agree.

I wish that PQ rewards, especially those that may be best-in-slot for some characters (broken glasses, goddess wristband) weren't simply "missable" because the player didn't know they existed at that time.

For an example, I almost missed the change to get Goddess Wristband on my Bishop because the MapleLegends lib wasn't updated to reflect their actual (and amazing) MapleLegends stats.

However, it doesn't address the problem around how many players have multiple characters across multiple accounts. Maybe this is a good thing? Allows you to CREATE a character just to get the item, since you won't be muling any character that's on the same account as a main.

There's another opportunity to introduce the concept of "one trade" items. This is a mechanic that exists in other games, where once an item is traded it's bound-to-character. Obviously increases the market price of that item, but tanks the resale value....

9. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    6:26 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    pq items are far to be best in slot tbh. some of them are good enough, but since you need to scroll, theyre also hard enough to be good for long (i agreed with the suggestion tho)