1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: Site Light Spot.

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Stas., Apr 22, 2015.

1. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    12:04 AM
    Hello dear citizens of the world
    I got an idea for our beloved site and its called "Light Spot"
    Our site will have a special area for our Light Spot window
    For each Day/Hour (up for decision) Some random player above lvl 30+ will be featuring on that area.
    In this Light Spot we will present the selected char Lvl/Job/Name/Guild and more.

*Im aware of site not beeing focused , but its minor change which not require much coding
    [I can contribute my self to code it]
    *Its provide quite unique feature for our site
    *Back then GMS had same thing of Light-spot window under the top 5ranking on main site.
    *Problly will make the selected people a bit happier to be presented on main site
    *We can add more features , for example top 5 fastest levelers at 24h

Here a photo , to explain better what i mean.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    2:04 PM
    NSFW
    I've seen a million servers with this, but honestly it doesn't add anything. It's just like "oh" for the person who is in the spotlight and nobody else cares.

just more front-page clutter

3. OP
    OP
    Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    Your saying like its a bad thing.

4. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    That's because it is.

5. OP
    OP
    Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    No idea why i even replaying u , u always anti - everything
    We stop it here and hear the rest

6. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    5:04 PM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Everyone has a right to post their opinion of suggestions. If NSFW's feedback wasn't welcome, then we would instead have an un-replyable Demands section instead of Suggestions.

I do not support this suggestion because it does not serve a purpose, may create lag, and takes of space that can be better used for other things.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    My replay to him its matter of him bullying around the forum all day long , and im not the first and probly wont the last to hate him for that.
    Anyways i can insure u it wont have any lag upon the server or take any spot , its take same specs as 1 person on ranking , just copied to main page.
    And how its not serve any purpose , it serve the purpose of nice and tiny site feature.
    Not all suggestion should be major big events

8. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    I have never bullied anyone. Sometimes I am rude, but that's it. Please link me to a post where I have bullied people before you go ahead making such claims.
    At any rate, this isn't the time or place to talk about my manners and why you hate me. Let's talk about the suggestion.
    It just serves as clutter that nobody will look at. There has never been a single server to do this and have it be interesting.
    And not all are. There have been loads of suggestions for just adding and removing some NPCs, changing a couple of skills and editing how much NX you get per vote. I don't know what makes you think that they are all for "major big events."

9. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Stas you can hate people all you want, but haters are the only ones that get hated here. Yes, NSFW is occasionally ruse, he and I have gotten in to it a couple times too, like when he accused me of not going to see 50 Shades of Grey, but he's not a bully. He's just a weirdo and just so happens to disapprove of more suggestions than he approves of.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    Really? i hoper u joking.
    Does : changing skills , nx amount , npc change is not big events ?
    I remind u we playing GMS-Like server , such events are consider a large game changers

And lets stop it here , u guys both said ur word about it.
    lets see what other think .
    *We can make bloody 3side war ingame chat if u like to idc , lets just keep it clean here

11. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Btw your thing about the difference between big and small suggestions is 100% you arguing with yourself. NSFW just basically told you that you are arguing with yourself and you just keep going... Maybe you'll believe me instead

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    Dude enough , before i become f@cking LOKO .
    Anything else u can tell me on private

13. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    Why is everyone in this thread so hostile? Omg..chill

• Like Like x 3
  14. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:04 PM
    Moderator Post
    This. Everyone has an opinion and going hostile on each other just because your opinion differs is pointless.

If you have personal issues with someone than stay out of the person's topic in general.

This argument stops now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    There's been like two actual posts about the suggestion lol
    Any who I think this would be cool, couldn't hurt.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Greg

Greg Red Snail

Apr 11, 2015
    Male
    7:04 AM
    Grisha
    Priest
    Immortal
    I personally would really enjoy this feature, having something like the top 5 most gained exp in 24 hours. If it doesn't take much effort I definitely support this idea.

17. Reckerr

Reckerr Slime

Apr 16, 2015
    Male
    If it doesn't take much. I'm for it. He offered to code as well. It wouldn't be real time to create lag maybe something happening at a specific time of the day and then update.

18. Janny

Janny Mano

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Honey
    Bishop
    The idea of this seems really cool, because it could encourage a specific amount of players to grind for not only levels, but to have a token of their effort reflected onto the main page. However, I can only see this working for the top ranks seeing as it's exp per. 24 hours and the top 5~ players definitely gain a huge amount of exp compared to those who aren't at their level. I only see this as the same 5 people rotating each other out, which isn't exactly necessary considering they're all already on the main page as it is. A level 30 can grind just as long as a level 100 and only gain 1/16th of the exp they make in a certain amount of time. This would take a whole lot of balancing and calculations. There's no real point in having a "random" player featured in the Light Spot as well. Overall, I believe this is something that is not worth the time and effort for.

• Like Like x 2
  19. OP
    OP
    Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    ur right on balance issue , but u know i sugg it to be from lvl 30 , person can lvl 30-40in 1 day , but a 70 can lvl to 80 in one day , it can drive people to train and give aspect of how ppl can lvl to new players

20. DannyDanny

DannyDanny Stone Golem

Dec 13, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    5:04 AM
    SpaceMan
    Dragon Knight
    Dalmascus
    I'm looking forward to this feature too.
    Sounds cool and interesting to have it on our homepage.

• Like Like x 1