1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] "Venomous Stab" change

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Krauser94, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    6:29 AM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Ok, so hi everyone, here i wanted to suggest a change that was made (still before Big Bang) that affects the skill "Venomous Stab" from Shadower.

(Fast note: you can consider the TLDR thing the text that is darker below, but this isn't that long anyways)

Quick introduction if someone doesn't know this skill:
    - This is one of the skills that NL/Shad have in common (with different names for obvious reasons). It adds a poison effect to the mob you are attacking, lowering the HP, and it obviously doesn't work on bosses.

After some discussion with ppl in Alliance chat about someone that wanted to make a shadower, i ended up talking to a friend and he noticed one thing: The skill is literally the same for shadower and for NL, but we obviously don't share the same attacking skills or weapons.

He checked later on hiddenstreet and he found out this difference.

On the next images it can be seen our server stats in that skill (literally the same):
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

While on the next ones, the ones from hiddenstreet are shown:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

A buff on the skill on the Shadower side (stab) can be seen, which in my opinion makes sense for character reasons. While a NL can attack a huge amount of times in a row on their main attacking skill, Shadowers do 2 hits on the main attacking one, which means also, more tries.
    (It can also be seen as a realism issue too if someone wants, i think a poisoned stab is more efficient than a poisoned star MapleF3)

So basically my suggestion is buffing "venomous stab" to those still bbb stats.

It's not a game breaking skill and it would add a tiny reason to lvl that skill from start too, when you do job advance, since it's commonly added as a NL, but never a good reason to start with it as Shadower.

Thank you for reading!SlimeGrin (If you survived until here, because ppl is lazy, y'knowMapleF3)

Here are the links of the sources of the pics used:

P.S.!! I wanted to do a tiny BUMP on a thread that i made long ago about changing the description from Meso Guard, since NX never knew how to properly explain their own skill SlimeSweat

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/changing-description-to-meso-guard.9896/

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    12:29 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    Haven't become a shadower yet, can't give out any ideas :whistling:

3. OP
    OP
    Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    You will get to it, just patience SlimeGrin but you will see that Venom is not that good to have when you are a shadower, or not that noticeable as for a NL

4. OP
    OP
    Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Mini bump to ask if there is any downside with this tiny modification or if it's ok (same for the other thread i linked SlimeCry)

5. Kruzynn

Kruzynn Slime

Nov 24, 2017
    Male
    5:29 AM
    Kruzynn
    Priest
    "since it's commonly added as a NL, but never a good reason to start with it as Shadower."
    its the other way around. NL dont benefit at all from venom since it doesnt work on bosses and NL pretty much only does boss fights(HH/BF/Pap/Anego/Zak/Big Boss/HT/All the new tokyo bosses)
    Shadowers would have at least some use out of venom since they actually train/grind.

6. OP
    OP
    Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    I asked some friends and they told me they added at least 1 point to it around the start of 4th job thing because it helped them grind until they were able to do some bosses (The people i asked wasn't either hardcore leeched nor extreme washers that needed that leech), so i assumed that NL took some more benefits, since not everyone starts bossing during their 4th job without even having TT SlimeSad

Still, that doesn't remove the fact that the skill got changed before big bang for shadower, with that slight buff on it that at least makes it more appealing to use a point at the start.

7. cooltime

cooltime Mushmom

Jan 6, 2018
    Male
    asdfghjkl
    12:29 AM
    Rayquaza
    Hermit
    DevilFruits
    Yeah, wow I agree. I see the improvement of the skill and I really want it to happen. I don't know about if it's okay or not, just that it would make the skill better and more worth using. The length of poison effect would help well and the success rate at lvl 1 is better. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Accepted for next patch.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    So I looked into this and it looks like the buff was already applied, just not the description updated. The description is fixed next patch instead.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    oh!, that's really nice! thanks!! SlimeBlush

11. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    10:29 PM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I tested this out at target dummies and venomous stab is only working for 4 seconds atm.