1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Summer 2020 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Aug 31, 2020.

1. KaiParker

KaiParker Red Snail

Aug 17, 2020
    Male
    8:50 AM
    avoKAIdoz
    Warrior
    Happy the GMs are keeping paladin changes top of mind. Just FYI on the threaten argument. I referenced NISE’s paladin guide extensively and below are his thoughts on threaten.

Again, happy that GMs are looking into it, but please stop saying that “threaten is utility for Paladins”

Edit: I don’t want to draw anymore attention to this topic by crafting another comment but I want to be clear that Nise updated this guide as of May 2020; if there was a change of opinion, it would have been made. This is not a 2017 guide...

DDBB425E-16C3-4977-97AA-DCB7A1FF9341.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I only mentioned Threaten because there's so much wrong information about the skill in general. That includes information from a 2017 guide.

The same goes with explaining the role of cleave in HT.

None of it was actively a justification for current Paladins, rather a correction to a lot of the bad information in this thread. I apologize since I didn't make that clear from the get-go. The future of Paladins is still being discussed internally and it's not my place to say what is going to happen or even give my opinion on the matter publicly. Many of the toxic comments only serve to try and break my neutrality, but to those who continued the discussion by adding more nuanced points or by trying to be friendly you have my thanks and I appreciate your contributions.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. wanpi12456

wanpi12456 Timer

May 19, 2019
    Male
    Taiwan
    11:50 PM
    PrEP
    Paladin
    Beaters
    I reply separately.
    ---
    "What happens when you're on left arm, your bishop dies to right arm double mass sed" you said.

That's mean you should take down right arm first to avoid double arm double mass sed. Stop hitting left arm. Move all chars to right side and take down right arm after 1st right arm mass sed happened. Also a question here. Why you stand at left arm?
    ---
    "your party is now shield-less and will-less for the next double mass sed from left arm?" you said.

I don't know is this correct or not :
    This shield-less and will-less situation only happens after 3rd mass sed.
    (1st mass sed, bishop shield and heal.
    2nd mass sed, bishop will it and heal.
    If you got TL in run, TL now.
    So you can do 3rd + 4th mass sed like above.)
    Please tell me if I'm wrong.

But I'm sure :
    By adjusting cleave dmg, you can make both arm different HP to avoid both arm casting mass sed. For example, make right arm low HP first. If all attackers focus on right arm after right arm's 1st mass sed happen. Right arm will be very very low HP. Or just apple it to take down faster to protect your bishops.
    ---
    "What happens if your BM dies with the bishop?" you said.

If bishop still alive, BM should not die. Everyone will probably die if get mass sed and then 1/1 unless you're 6xx 7xx 8xx avoid thief. It is weird because you should make a plan and solve this problem ahead before the HT run.
    ---
    "What happens if your BM dies with the bishop? Your NL's DPM is now nerfed, and they aren't as tanky as your warriors. Can your party finish the run?" you said.

Take a pro-er BM or more bishops/buccs and do the method I said above. Or apple it if the team is weak.
    ---
    "Heroes are there too, but they deal less single target damage." you said.

Seriously.
    Are you saying the hero you under-valued, which does only 0.3m less single target dpm (aka 3.8%) than a pally at Lv180?
    8.2m - 7.9m = 0.3m
    0.3m / 7.9m = 0.038 = 3.8%

In Statistics, p value < 0.05 is defined as “Insignificant".

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    Other suggestions:
    Increase mastery for palis to 75% since with single line damage only they're the most negatively affected by wide damage range. This way you're not technically increasing their damage much, just their average damage.
    Add a 10 att modifier to shield mastery since 1h is generally outclassed without investing an extreme amount of money into equips. This would help newer players.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. fahad

fahad Mushmom

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    6:50 PM
    Hakai
    Beginner
    Buffing holycharge is also an option to mitigate the the extreme loss in damage that pallies suffered, perhaps to 180-190% its up to balance team.
    I hope change comes early, many pallies are suffering.

6. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    I feel like 180% would be too low as it would barely overtake fire charge. 190% sounds right and you'd likely have to buff ice charge to 135% so it's slightly less useless, especially compared to a buffed hc.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rodolfo22x

Rodolfo22x Mano

Sep 1, 2020
    Male
    Chris22
    Bishop
    LOL!! shitting out of the hole

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    10:50 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    Forums is the toxic corner of ML but he's right about what it entailed. You obviously haven't been on the server long enough to have a clue to what you're saying.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Rodolfo22x

Rodolfo22x Mano

Sep 1, 2020
    Male
    Chris22
    Bishop
    I dont care what you say dude... SI were really useful for mages, after this new and "brilliant" balance the eph really suck (for example: 3-4 5-6shaolin) I wonder where GMs get those ideas or how they think sometimes

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    10:50 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    have you tried leveling up?

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    12:50 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    alternatively, getting better gear? though that said, shaolin as a whole is buggy atm. so the mobs and layouts should go back to how it used to or similar to how it used to be. despite that, i've seen some players advertise around 30-40m leech eph for 3-4... in that case the mages must be getting absolute tons more :O

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    Leave the shaolin maps the way they are, so it actually requires effort to level.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    11:50 AM
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    a lot of sellers also advertise inflated EPH to attract unwary buyers, esp in shaolin

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Pretty sure this was defined clearly as a scam in the other thread explaining the ToS. You can report people for underperforming if they advertise specific rates and don't compensate you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    12:50 PM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    i was the one who advertised 30-40m at 3-4 tree way and that’s accurate. 2 mages 188 plus SE and 1400 tma each. VViz and VVizard. Don’t accuse people without
    knowing the actual fact