1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Summer Community Event 2021

Discussion in 'Events' started by Mirrors, Aug 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    12:20 PM
    • IGN: TheUnmaker
    • Items:
      • Lemon
      • All cure potion
      • Elemental Wand 5
    • Why Did You Pick These Items?
    Lemon, while not super nice to eat on its own, is one of the most nutritous fruits in the world. A desert island would be an ideal spot to grow a tree if I'm there that long. Retrieve some seeds from the lemon to grow your own! Not knowing what food will and won't be available on the island, you've got to cast the widest net possible nutrition wise with something you're looking to grow.

While in-game, it doesn't literally cure every ailment in existence, if an ACP lives up to its description/name, it could prove to be life-saving medicine from any disease you're unlucky enough to contract.

If you're going to be using magic, there is only one kind of magic from Maple that makes sense: fire. Fire can cook your food, boil water so you know its safe, even purify water for you (if you evaporate it and then re-condense it on something clean). It can keep your warm at night and provide light. Ice can preserve food, but that's not so likely to be a problem on a desert island that I would assume is close to the equator and has a fairly consistent climate (hell, if we're going by maple logic, there's no such thing as seasons). I clearly have horrible luck if I'm stranded on a desert island, so timeless gear is going to be out of the question. An Elemental Wand 5 will boost the power of any fire magic I can use.

2. TWW

TWW Pink Teddy

Dec 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleaveland
    7:20 AM
    TheWhiteWolf
    Hero
    Misfits
    • IGN: TheWhiteWolf
    • Items:
    Silver Mane mount
    Watermelons (A whole stack of em)
    Fruit knife
    The silver mount to both get around and explore the island as fast and as comfortably as possible (And maybe as an emergency food supply)

As many watermelons a man can carry. It's cool, refreshing, and it'll help me clear my bowels.

And obviously I need something to cut my watermelons with, and maybe shank a brotha if he gets too close to my shit. OnionF3

3. Ray Win

Ray Win Blue Snail

Apr 22, 2020
    Male
    1:20 AM
    IGN: Lndra

Items:
    1. Flaming Katana - to cut the things I need in order to survive and to start fires to keep myself warm, 2 birds 1 stone ez

2. Fishing Pole - give a man a fish and you feed him for the day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

3. Water Filter NPC - to filter out the toxins in water to make it drinkable or else ill have explosive diarrhea and shart myself to death

4. freadme

freadme Blue Snail

Aug 12, 2017
    Male
    7:20 PM
    • IGN: kyoot :pinkbean::pepe::pinkbean::pepe:
    • Items: 1. Soft White Bun 2. Fish Net 3. Hand Axe
    • Reasons why I pick these stuffs:
    • 1. The first item I picked is Soft White Bun, because that bun is made of flour. Therefore, bun can make us feel satiety easily and I able to not finish it in several times in order to maintain my stomach not feeling empty in 1-3 days from the start of day I reach this island. Also, the another reason Soft White Bun I chosen is because to prevent I did not net up any fishes (strange of fishing technique) as my food supply in 1-3 days.
    • 2. The second item I have chosen is Fish Net. The reason I choose this is because Fish Net able to maintain my lifetime in the Island. As I mentioned in First Item, the few days earlier I reached in the Island will be not understand the skill of fishing technique. By the time past, I will able to knack the fishing technique and catch these fishes as my food. So, Fish Net will be my next food supply tool.
    • 3. The third item I picked is Hand Axe, the tool that able to let me cut off the trees and firewood as my supply able to convert into fire supply in order to fight off the nighttime. Other than that, lighted fire can be my camp spot and cook raw fishes to eat. Hand Axe as my self-protection tool to attack monsters and protect me from dangerous.

5. pinkchoco

pinkchoco Red Snail

Jul 22, 2021
    I/L Wizard, Beginner
    ROFL, should go for Balrog transformation potion! then become the king of the islands! then u can train all the orange mushrooms into MUSHMOMS and defeat all the maplers from entering the kingdom. *wink*

6. soyhun

soyhun Blue Snail

Jun 25, 2021
    • IGN: Scipiio
    • Items:
      • Korean fan - as a bandit, I get a weapon AND a cooling device :D I can also use it to chop down trees and bushes to make my own shelter or campfire
      • Oxygen Tank - to breathe underwater so I can fish or swim back to a populated continent if help never comes
      • Your Throne - you gotta do your business somewhere even on a deserted island ;););)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    8:20 AM
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    • IGN: Karn
    • Items:
      • Fishing Pole
      • Sunblock
      • Super Megaphone
    • Well, the Fishing Pole will provide me infinite food by fishing and the Sunblock will prevent me from sunburn while I wait for the help I asked using the Super Megaphone

8. Jordan Kaye

Jordan Kaye Snail

Aug 30, 2021
    Male
    Icemagehero
    I/L Wizard
    • IGN: IceMageHero
    • Items:
      • Axe
      • Fire Soul Rock
      • Poopa Egg
    • An axe would be useful to collect wood, set fires to cook, or craft items/ create shelter.
    • Fire Soul Rock could be used as a means of cooking, staying warm, or setting things on fire in general.
    • A Poopa egg would be awesome as a survival tool. Raise your own fish in a contained environment. Slay it, eat it, and it'll drop another poopa egg which you can raise again and eat once more. In addition to that it will potentially drop other equipment or usable items (yum icecream pops~ just clean off the fish guts). An endless cycle of eating and potential items~ win/win.
    [I also picked these items as they seem to be perma use =)]

9. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    1:20 PM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    • IGN: Robinn
    • Items:
    1. White scroll
    2. Super megaphone
    3. Mini coke
    So here I am, standed on the beautiful beach of the unkown where I know a safe spot to be found. I have three items. A white scroll, a super megaphone and a minicoke. But boy is this island hot! Well good thing I got myself this mini coke to enjoy while sitting in the sun. Then an idea comes to mind because I won't survive on this Island.

[​IMG]

I yell:
    Free white scroll for the first person to find me on this Island I stranded on!

Unbelieve, 10 people showed up! But only one that came first and brought me home comfortable. Perhaps I am missing a white scroll, but at least I had a wild experience! (And a good coke !)

• Like Like x 1
  10. MarcC

MarcC Pink Teddy

May 29, 2019
    Male
    6:20 AM
    riffie
    Paladin, Bishop, Corsair
    Spirit
    IGN: riffie
    Items:
    1. Scarlion Hat (DEX)
    2. Zakum Helmet
    3. Big Poop

Why Did You Pick These Items?
    I would not call myself the strongest in being able to survive. Chances are the flora and fauna in the island will probably destroy my chances of living. So how do we solve this issue? By introducing the following:

First I'll start out with the Scarlion Hat. This will probably get most of the animals scared of me and therefore I won't be manhandled by a gorilla (for instance). The reason is that they see me as a Lion of some sort. Moreover, this dexterity that this helmet will give me will surely be handy when navigating throughout the flora on the island and allows me to dexterously gather the items I need.

If that doesn't work out, I will pull out my next greatest hat: the Zakum Helmet. This helmet, being as intimidating as it is will scare animals. Moreover, if there is a civilization here that hunts all living things, my chances of living are slim as I might be cannibalized and made into soup or something related. The radiating aura from the helmet would make the tribe see me as a God and therefore won't disturb me. They will worship me and feed me food, and all my worries about collecting food will not necessary.

Finally, I will introduce the Big Poop, which is known to be "an enormous poop. It is extremely smelly." This can be used in 3 different ways:
    a) Since animals rely mostly on their smell, the poop being "extremely smelly" will overwhelm their nose and collapse and suffer. I will use this chance to flee or even possibly murder them for food. (Source: Naruto (https://youtu.be/FcE4qdsX0Nk?t=135))
    b) The same thing could happen to the tribe. If they intend to eat me, I can merely rub the giant poop on me and I doubt they will want to eat me.
    c) Hypothetically if I never encounter any issues with the tribe and dangerous animals, I will devote this giant poop to be used as fertilizer to potentially grow the island to resemble paradise with rich vegetation that will attract many to come here.

Edit: Grammar

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  11. NewGenesis

NewGenesis Red Snail

May 19, 2019
    Male
    Sydney
    9:20 PM
    • IGN:NewGenesis
    • Items:
      • SOS letter
      • Broken mirror glass
      • Sunblock
    Surprisingly, these 3 are all existing items in Maplelegends.

SOS letter is a viable option for sending “help Quests” to random Maplers in Aquarium. It will drastically increase chance to be rescued from island. (Just like NPC Robinson!)

Broken glass has multi-purpose. Firstly, It can be used to cut palm leaves and tree branches to set a fire or to build a little palm hut. Secondly, it will reflect sunlight to get an attention from saviors.

Sunblock will save my life from getting insane sunburn which will gradually reduce my hp! This will also help me stay hydrated while I’m staying in island.

12. Saikyi

Saikyi Blue Snail

Jul 8, 2021
    Female
    Saikyi
    Beginner
    • IGN: saikyi
    • Items:
      • Pure water
      • Oxygen tank
      • Flaming katana
    • Why Did You Pick These Items?As a pirate, i would bring
    1.I realized my ship is a skill and not an item so, i guess I'll bring pure water, to have a drink (and restore mp) while i escape the island, why would i wait for rescue when i have my own ship (≧∇≦)v
    2. Oxygen tank
    To breathe under water while my ship is on cooldown
    3. Flaming katana
    A weapon to replace my guns since i don't have bullets, multi use weapon that can fight and provide fire that doesn't go out underwater

13. Parasol

Parasol Blue Snail

Jun 12, 2021
    Female
    Priest
    • IGN: Confine

• Items:
      Sunblock
      All Cure Potion

Black Cloud Machine

Sunblock - People often underestimate how strong the rays of the sun are. Chances are, any sort of shelter or shade you build will still be vulnerable to the sun's penetration. There are many harmful risks of prolonged sun exposure, which I urge everyone to look up. Practice sun safety.

All Cure Potion - What lies on the island is unknown, new diseases, poisons, or magicks may inhabit the island. There's only so much bringing weapons, knives, or bottles can do. I can probably craft those things with materials lying around like foliage, sticks, rocks, etc. For the sake of survival, it's better to bring an All Cure Potion in case I become afflicted with something dangerous.

Black Cloud Machine - Being able to produce black clouds, which are a major characteristic of clouds that produce rain, will allow for a continuous source of rainwater. This eliminates the need to spend resources, energy, and even life to procure a water source. Not to mention that these very clouds may serve as suitable shade.

14. miIey

miIey Mano

May 23, 2019
    4:20 AM
    • IGN: iuck
    • Items: 1. Camping Tent
      2. Machete
      3. Fireworks
    • Why Did You Pick These Items? The important 3 things to survival are shelter, fire, and food.
      1. Shelter along with fire (also a light source) and a pot to purify water and make food.
      2. A tool/weapon to be used to kill for food, slash unknown objects in my path while going away from shore to explore, and carve to make things if necessary.
      3. Used to attract attention if boats or helicopters/planes are nearby then waving both arms as a distress signal to let them know I need to be rescued.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. hihihihehe

hihihihehe Snail

Jun 23, 2020
    noideawhat
    Camper
    IGN: Disfigured
    Items:
    1. Friend of the Miwoks (Chair)
    2. Puffram (Pet)
    3. Lucky Moon Bunny (Chair)

Why Did You Pick These Items?

Friend of the Miwoks so why this and what is this? Well the item has a Ayan and a fire place with a description saying "Fall deep into the calm of the jungle with the future of the Miwok Village". Her primitive and survival skills are most likely A1 compared to the average person. And if there's a whole village of them we basically have a whole village of people who live off the jungle and are well-adapted to these scenarios. Plus Ayan is waifu material so that's a bonus.
    2. The Puffram most likely being a sheep because of its lack of horns rather than a ram would be very useful for milk for hydration aswell as it's fluff. Just a overall great snuggle buddy... and when the worst has to come our fluffy friend could also be eaten. But we try to avoid this with our third item.
    3. This chair has two rabbits. A male and a female. Let nature do it's thing and the rabbits will breed like crazy and in a few months now my island is covered with huntable rabbits and the chair also has a large nice red cushion for us to sleep on.

16. HiddenMage

HiddenMage Red Snail

Mar 28, 2020
    Male
    HiddenMage
    Magician
    • IGN: Arcs
    • Items:
      • Sunblock (Use item)
      • Machete (Weapon)
      • Camping Tent (Set-up/Chair)
    • Why:
    First I'd like to underline that this is a pretty cool community event idea, loved reading every single submission so far! :3
    I think I'll be answering like I was stranded in a hot summer island in real life, because if it was in maple let's be honest, we'd be kind of OP with all our skills!

The first and only thing on my mind is survival, and after going through the item in the library I've narrowed it down to the top 3 I'd pick.

Sunblock:
    I chose sunblock as my first item because I'm a very pasty fellow, and too much sun can cause a lot more harm than I'd like to admit. Becoming incapacitated because of sunburn will lead to horrible outcomes. Not being able to go fishing, not being able to go fetch water, limited mobility, etc. There's whole lot of thing that could go wrong. I think as time passes and I have a better camp base settled, I'd be able to go without sunblock, but until then it stays in my trusty pocket.

Machete:
    Like many have mentioned, I think to go without a weapon is pretty insane. A machete to me is a perfect tool in terms of size, practicality, durability and transportation. Whether to clear a vine or to finesse something out of vines, a machete is neither too small or too big for tasks and hence why I picked it over a fruit knife, or a bigger sword/dagger. I'm an avid camper as well, and with a nice sharp knife, it helps collecting woods/bark and shavings for a fire. It'll also provide me an easier way to filet fishes, carve animals, cook. The utilities are endless!

Camping Tent:
    Shelther is something that I think many people underestimate... In the wild, open camping is not too bad because animals are not too interested in humans unless starved/provoked, etc. What should be the main concern are BUGS! I couldn't find anything in the library that could serve as bug spray for the day, so this is the next best thing. With a tent, I'm making sure that I have at least a good nights rest without bugs constantly trying to come for me or pestering me. A good night sleep is extremely important, and I would not trade it for anything else.

I could go on and on (about generating heat for a fire, make a fishing net, etc., but I'd be writing a novel! So I'll leave it at that.

Good luck everyone! May everyone be safe. <3

17. Mellasour

Mellasour Slime

Mar 8, 2020
    Female
    KanjiManji
    Cleric
    IGN: KanjiManji
    Items:
    1. Camping Tent (chair)
    2. Fireworks
    3. Admiral Seal (pet)
    Why?
    1. This is going to give me shelter from the sun and a nice place to sleep should it take awhile for help to come!
    2. You see, I am NOT trying to be on this island for too long. Fireworks could signal anyone nearby that I need help.
    3. Not only is admiral seal a good boi who can hunt for me, but he's an admiral....like I am sure he's been out to sea so many times he knows exactly how to survive on a desolate island. He's a good boi and I trust him with my life!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rapskal

Rapskal Chronos

Nov 1, 2017
    Male
    9:20 PM
    Rapskal
    Night Lord
    Lost
    IGN: Rapskal
    Items:
    1. Red Dragon (pet)
    2. Teatime with Madeleine (chair)
    3. Fishing Pole (weapon)
    Why did you pick these items:
    1. I wouldn't want to go anywhere without my pet dragon, so that's an easy choice. Other than the company, he can provide an easy source of fire for warmth so I don't freeze to death in the night, and for cooking as well. He would also be capable of protecting me from any dangerous animals if they exist on the island. The only drawback is he needs meat to eat. Hopefully there'd be animals for him to hunt, otherwise I'm gonna have to spend a lot of time fishing.
    2. From what I've seen of Madeleine, she's always refilling a cup of tea from a strange teapot which never seems to run out. If this is the case, I'll have enough fluids to not die of thirst no matter what happens. It might also be nice to have another person to talk to, and a chair and table could be convenient.
    3. Fishing pole for fishing. Not sure I'd be capable of catching enough food with a spear or other weapon, so this one seems safest.

19. akqt

akqt Mano

May 11, 2020
    Female
    Ellinia
    akqt
    Bishop
    Funk
    • IGN: akqt
    • Items:
      • You can also find more info on items from the Lib
        • Piece of Ice - Water frozen through the power of magic. Doesn't melt easily.
        • Hand Axe – Lv. 0 common axe for everyone regardless their job.
        • Flaming Feather - A flame with the look of a feather. It never stops burning.
      • Piece of Ice - In order to cool myself from the extreme heat of the sun skipping the need of getting wet in the salty sea, which it’s annoying for my skin. In the other hand, since it doesn’t melt easily, I can get my water source from coconuts/tree/leaves/rain.
      • Hand Axe – As its name says… A hand axe: small, portable, sharpened thing which obviously I will use to cut things like coconuts, some piece of woods and fishes for meat. Plus I can use it to defend myself from some wild creatures.
      • Flaming Feather - My 24-hours portable light/heat source so I won’t suffer from hypothermia in the cold nights. Plus, I can fry some coconut/fish meat over there and burn some woods in the day light so I can make smoke signals to catch a plane's or ship's attention (I hope for not Somali Pirates' attention…).

PD: Sorry if my English is somehow bad, It's not my native language. -.-'

20. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    IGN: Raindance
    Items:
    1. [​IMG] Omega Sector Warp Capsule
    2. [​IMG] Fishing Pole
    3. [​IMG] Coconut Knife
    Reasons:
    1. Ok, I know it says no town return scrolls or teleport rock.. BUT! In the quest "Sending Relief," this is the item that Kay sends to Robinson to get him off the deserted island he's trapped in. So there's a lore precedent!!
    2. How do you get food at sea? With a fishing pole, of course!
    3. Perfect for cutting open coconuts for drinkable coconut water and chopping firewood (I'm an IL Archmage dangit, I can start fires with my lightning skills!!!)

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.