1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Summer Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    1:27 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Have to echo others in that the coins having no value right now seems like a waste of time since the staff can already calculate the expectations or if you want our opinions on what seems like a good number you could release the numbers directly. If you’re studying the behaviors then it only makes sense to enable exchange. Otherwise, the results aren’t going to be productive to that enquiry.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    12:42 PM
    What a bunch of ingrates, thanks for the patch :)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. benQ

benQ Pac Pinky

Oct 14, 2016
    Male
    3:42 AM
    benQ
    Bishop
    maple
    another voting method: Borda Count
    1 of the simple examples:

[​IMG]

conclusion: coin idea was received Positively
    (but cant denied Borda Count has its potential flaw)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    12:42 PM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    Why I think an NPS equivalent is the most appropriate here is because this is such a huge/impactful change to the end game, which is where a large proportion of the player distribution is already. Negative feedback should be weighed more heavily than positive. This is especially the case here, in a server where the nostalgia of old MS is valued so much.

At the same time, I acknowledge that the choice of metric is still subjective and others can have their own reasoning why other metrics are more relevant.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. buffyfluffy

buffyfluffy Orange Mushroom

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Just gonna share my thoughts on this. I think this prestigious coin is a horrible idea and I think it might destroy the game for many people and potential new-comers.
    As a casual player of almost 3 years (im not end-game material by any means), I can confidently say that most people (including me) joined MapleLegends for that old-school maple gameplay and to enjoy the nostalgia. Of course at the same time we get to play the game at a "higher level" than when we were kids since we prolly have better financial sense and general common sense. However, recently ML has been changing so much that it has begun to feel so much different from what me and my friends set out to play when we first started.
    For e.g.:
    every event comes with a balance patch, but how is it logically possible to have balancing every patch - we fixed something and then something else will feel unbalanced and we fix that next and the cycle continues. Eventually we reach a point that is so far away from the original game.

However for this Prestigious coin, it changes a very massive and significant part of the game. Introducing a whole new currency to the game changes the way players obtain items needed for end-game such as WS and CS. Also having to combine these "prestigious coins" with mesos to exchange for items just feels very "????" in my head. I get that ML is trying to forge it's own identity and such, to become a unique server with its own traits. But such drastic changes will definitely affect how the game is played. It makes the game feel so much different than what we remember it to be, and slowly towards the path of those other private servers where they introduce all kinds of things that almost feel like gimmicks to make players play the game and quit after 2 months.

Just a side suggestion - Why don't we include CS and WS in the drops of major bosses like Zak/HT/PB, but at a very slim rate, even lower than say that of mw20 dropping. It would still increase the supply of WS/CS in the market, at the same time increase the splits of runners thereby also heavily promoting bosses at all levels throughout the game.

• Disagree Disagree x 12
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    8:42 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    How is a new currency that hard to grasp? We've had several different currencies during most, if not all, past events. The only difference being that this one would last indefinitely.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    There seems to be some fierce resistance by staff to deal with elemental resistances (poison resistance, holy resistance at pink bean, etc)

Still no point to play a class that dabbles with the elements and even if you do the RoI is incredibly low compared to any other class.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    9:42 PM
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    There's no point in playing a mage and they offer no RoI? Are we playing the same game?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    3:42 PM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    pallys dont exist

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I feel like you're comparing a farm/leech bot mage which nearly everyone in this server has towards a mage main that is also used in bossing where they are already weak, why even completely exclude them from certain bosses?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    I think he might be referring to paladins element based skills.

Also, depending on how much NT boss drop rates are being buffed, there might be a need to scale the amount of coins gained per player per clear since it's now a max of 6 signs?

12. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    There's no real point investing in a mage any further after you hit particular 1 hit thresholds (namely petris). You can invest further (perfect wand, earrings, gloves, etc) and deal more pog paralyse dmg only to realise most bosses out there have poison resistance. That's the minimal RoI there. There's no return over and above the 1 hit threshold to recoup your investment.

Edit: Which, you know, is fine. You shouldn't have a single class that excels at everything (leeching, hexamaging, bossing, etc). But it should be able to do somewhat decent damage at bosses if it chooses to attend after spending god knows how many billion on getting a perfect wand/glove/earrings, instead of being straight up trash because all that effort is redundant after poison resistance.

But anyway I was mainly talking about paladins.

I firmly believe the majority of the population aren't aware that paladins are an actual class.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    No star recharge cost balancing?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  14. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    Im interested to see what the coins do to the market as far as endgame weapons go, hoping it might make them more readily avalible and perhaps even drop prices due to competition.

Sad to see no changes pushing towards less muling overall, but thats something im not sure how you would fix anyway given just how prevelent it is across the community.

Also i guess farming bosses for cards will be impossible during the event, something for another time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Paladin, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Homies
    A big part of the worry in the feedback thread surrounding the coin system revolved around bossing's current state. It was stated by staff multiple times that:
    1. this was not a bossing buff
    2. there was a bossing buff much further along than the coin system which was not gonna be implemented in the short term
    3. the coin system was supposed to work in tandem with this bossing buff that - from how it sounded - would be implemented beforehand.
    This alleviated some of the concerns that were well received within that thread, but it seems like those statements were false unless the big bossing buff was the NT/Scarga drop buff. I realize that this is still a "testing phase" for the coin system, but if it is supposed to work with another bossing change how are we supposed to provide valid feedback? If there are other actual bossing changes in the pipeline can we get an idea of what they would look like in order to properly provide feedback on this system?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    This will probably sound like an extremely biased & selfish opinion, but with the inclusion of this many bosses,
    • Captain Latanica
    • Ravana
    • Papulatus
    • Scarlion
    • Targa
    • Krexel
    • Zakum
    • Horntail
    • Jiaoceng
    • Dunas
    • Nibergen
    • Nameless Magic Monster
    • Vergamot
    • Castellan Toad
    • The Boss
    • Pink Bean
    It could potentially lead to a pseudo kind of "dailies system" which is what I personally feel ruined modern day Maple.
    One could argue that bossing already makes mesos which is key for progression, but if bossing is directly tied into obtaining CS/WS, bossing becomes more of an obligation.
    Furthermore, the only thing stopping us from making multiple same job attackers to do daily low level bossing(which i probably will) is honestly just time.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    probably could include pianus (Left n Right) as well since cap latanica, rav and papu is included but since it's available across all channels and repeatable, maybe not again. Assuming lower tier boss mob that is repeatable have way smaller drop quantity of coins (0-1) with lower drop rates than papu tier, this could revitalize mini bosses like crow/ pianus.

However, I'm not in awe of this system but if it comes, sure.

• Like Like x 1
  18. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    4:42 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    I don't know, man. It was supposed to be a try, right? I mean, some have pointed out that won't be a reliable test, and I agree with that. But if they find a good way to test it, I don't think it will become a daily task if those weak bosses don't reward accordingly or if they get removed from the list, that is more likely going to happen with ravana/papulatus/latanica if they're that good.
    It's like saying you're bound to hexamage, or wash to 30k on a ranged job. You aren't, but if you're sweaty enough, maybe. I'd rather quit playing than doing krexel/zakum/papulatus/scarga everyday in 3 chars, for example.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bfitchef

Bfitchef Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    CreatureNL
    Night Lord
    Nani
    Then don’t do it? The bossing is just an opportunity to make more mesos as a non-mage.
    NL “buff” is cool, now you don’t need as many stars. I think MTK recharge price is still pretty bad.
    mesogear rings at 24watk/matk as an exchange quest that takes most people close to 1.5 hrs to hunt doesn’t make sense. It should be 40wa/40matk right in between a stopper and a cider and better than a guava.
    Increased drop date at NT great!
    This coin drop sounds useless, make it worthwhile us actually collecting data for you? We have enough nerds that will gladly give you data but for now atleast make it sellable to NPC-only or something? I’m not saying “make them 13m each” but even if they could be NPCed to a specific merchant you could keep track of how many coins were dropped and maybe we can get something in return.

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. IxJason

IxJason Red Snail

Jan 16, 2021
    Male
    IxJason
    Cleric
    Good points but please be considerate of those who main bishops. It's definitely not "low effort" to gear a bishop to be able to 1-hit Ulu2 around those levels considering the costs to invest in TMA gears (you'll need really decent int/ma gears) and also skillbooks such as Gen30 and MW20 which are significant. Just voicing my opinion as one who started this game with a bishop and is still main-ing it.

Also, i don't think that it's really 13-14m per hour at ulu2. On a good day, the raw mesos is approx 5.6-6m with MU and the rest is all dependent on drops and w/leechers or not. Assuming you're always lucky every hour, that 13-14m might be the average, but I honestly think it's some what lower, maybe 11m if lucky, 8-9m with decent equip drops.

Other than this, you're giving good feedback, which is good. Thanks for your effort!!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1