1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Summer Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    7:39 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Actually i have a lot of points about this balance change. infact something was needed to be do about, but all I see its complaining without giving a actual good idea about how to measure the problem.

I just have some questions about this balance change.

Are the coins an unique drop for the entire party or everyone on the run will get one with a rate % of chance?. if only a coin will drop for the entire party, then its process feels very slow and it will feel the same has no having anything. in fact if the drop rate its good it might lead to people have minimal people squads again.

Why making the coins tradeable?. For the people worrying about the tax skipping. you re right. and im also sure this will open up a gate for the people that does the things that start with "R" that are ilegal. you gotta keep the coin system as a reward system, not a commerce base. im very against the coins system being a tradeable source.

Why not make the coins a reward damage-based?. Not sure if this is limited due the client limitations but. if you re worried about mules on the run. then make the coins a reward for those that does an least ammount of damage like maybe 5% of an actual boss fight. If you re worried about that maybe people takes this as a toxic competition. then you can't do anything to change the nature of people and this how the things are on maplelegends. OR "I'm a washing character, i can't do that 5% damage". there is nothing to be done there. in fact you re getting exp on the boss run at least. because with the pardon of god. a 300 int character on a run that doesnt like to use a single apple. its nothing more than a mule.

Why not include barrage on supertransformation on bucc balance?. i guess without barrage on my low knowledge about this class. its the same than having nothing changed in my way of thinking. (I just saw it is just changed now. good one)

I'm also sorry about the earlier joke. i didn't know the things were still sensitive about that topic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    6:39 PM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    They have done this recently, if you afk'd during Cake boss fight, you earned less event points.

You had to have been attacking for more than half the HP to earn the full event points.

I like this too, gives more incentive to white exp.

3. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    This is just balance changes, it’s not even the event itself.

This isn’t the first time legends implemented a overall test before implementing something.
    If any OG players recall the droppable gach tickets.
    It doesn’t really change the fact how you play honestly, you kill bosses anyways and get a general idea of how often you can obtain coins. The staff can then perceive these numbers and adjust as needed, not hard to comprehend.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    4:39 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    +1,000,000 - Never has one man so accurately described the state of a mushroom game. To reiterate on just one point alyosha made, we are damn lucky that this game is cute/unique/nostalgic/fun enough for so many people to continue playing IN SPITE OF how sickeningly the ratios of effort:reward are skewed in favor of the lamest possible avenues of gameplay. Teleporting from point A to point B on a map, casting a single skill, repeating ad infinitum, all so that you can enjoy the luxury of playing the game in a less efficient, objectively worse, and harder way (endgame bossing).

Legends is the best, highest quality private server out there, but I and many other players are desperately wishing for a good reason to play the damn game in a manner that isn't ultimately inefficient and/or paradoxical.

• Agree Agree x 9
  5. RagePot

RagePot Blue Snail

Oct 24, 2018
    1:39 AM
    How do you propose this would work, when NL > ranged > melee by far. The gaps, mind you, are fairly huge too. Reward NL's for their one button perma-avoid zero effort? Makes zero sense and it only incentivizes playing NL even more.

You're comparing an event boss where everyone hits the same amount of damage to actual bosses, where damage is insanely imbalanced. I understand your point, but it is not feasible.

6. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    tru

7. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Hero
    why will you not consider buffing axe

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    7:39 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    No, its just a check to prevent muling. everyone its supposed to get the same quantity of coins. why thinking at first, that is going to extra reward nls?. or else i mean all the classes are able to do at least 5% damage with bad gears. f3, honestly something gotta be done for bishops joining those runs. like a number of hits or something like that, no way this could incentivate the playing of nls. if you still get the same ammount of coins, just passing the check. even if you white the boss, you get the same quantity of anyone who pass the check. i thought this was an obvious statement.

9. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    7:39 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    At least mules doesn't ask you give them 100%+ splits and exp leech. you forgot it.

I'm very against for 'I do 2x dmg of you so I should get 2x reward than you', but also, not a fan of 'I'm washing :^) can I rob your split and exp while I do nothing more than your mule while you work as hell to fill up hole I made?' especially when such 'leeching and burdening squad' makes actual threat for clear - minimal goal of bossing itself.

Rewards, should be on only who deserves for it. I'm still doubtful for this can be applied in technically, but yes, your suggestion for preventing rewarding players 'muling' (I treat contributing almost 0 dmg and leeching/getting split with washing characters, as muling also) is good idea.

Let's be honest. 5% is VERY generous cutline. at least, I think so. You think you can't archive even 5%? apples are for that purpose.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    6:39 AM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Sorry for the wait, mans been busy. Legends news Summer 2021 is done.

• Like x 3
    • Great Work x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  11. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    two uploads in 1 day? you're too good to us

12. skim0686

skim0686 Mushmom

Mar 21, 2021
    This is absolutely fantastic, great information. Data like this is what pushes the server and community towards betterment. I patiently await for part 2 :D

13. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    give anego the ability to jump already lol

14. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    3:39 PM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Mounts are still unusable at Verga and Dunas. Unsure about Nibergen but likely the same.

15. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    12:39 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Can confirm not useable at Nibergen either

16. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Part 2 forsaken because of the addition of Blowfish Man.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    It kinda seems only instances bosses have the coins for now. That allows a hardcap of what a single char can earn, but also allow everyone fair chance. New bosses added should also adhere to that I'd say. Or these bosses should allow an instanced fight. That would be v beneficial for bf and HH once a day. Maybe for other bosses weekly or daily too.

18. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta

Is there a timeline that staff has in mind for the testing cycle? I.e. once staff has sufficient data / feedback from players is it possible to wipe all coins and enable the exchange npc without a patch?

Or is this something that will require a patch, so players won't know about the decision to go forward / change / scrap this system for another ~2-4 months?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    - Are people really okay with them having White scroll (Ws) and (Chaos scroll) Cs have the same value tho they have pretty much never been the same value with Cs being slightly less expensive
    To me I think Cs should be 12 or 13 Prestigious Coins. Starting from the next patch.

20. jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    Bumping this. Is there a possibility we could see a coin drop for CWK bosses?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1