1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update Summer Patch skill changes

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    4:41 AM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    20 Mastery, 20 Booster, 30 Rage, 30 Power Guard, 0 Final Attack, 21 Spare SP. I don't see the huge problem regarding regarding Fighter skill build unless you actually maxed Final Attack which hurts slash blast for a minor improvement in Power Strike, and is unused with Brandish/Rush. Absolutely disagree to additional SP per specific class, as no other class would get this special treatment nor will it even be feasible to implement it without being unbalanced.

However, as I said earlier I do want the staff to consider a full SP reset to be given to those classes that may need their skill build changed, so this recommendation include Fighters/Heroes. That way those affected can completely redo their skill build without spending NX on SP resets, and imo unfair to expect them to spend NX fixing their build because of skill changes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    8:41 PM
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    I’m a middle game hero and I just used 2nd job skill resets, and took 10 point from power strike lol. Apparently you’re able to reset 1st job skill points into 2nd job. Hope that helps ~

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. deech

deech Mano

Oct 11, 2017
    Male
    11:41 AM
    Crusader
    :V

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  4. MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    2:41 PM
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    Brie, I think it was posted that ultimates are actually losing atk?

ALSO HI <3

5. Chow

Chow Selkie Jr.

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    8:41 PM
    Took a little while to respond because I was busy and trying to collect my thoughts a little more so I can give you a better suited response.
    Before I go ahead and do so I just want to say that since the last post I made my opinion on things changed and I'll try to stay objective as much as I can as I realised my post was mostly based off of my personal experience and how I enjoy playing.
    Yeah I didn't really mind the change in range for SI because it's just a bit more convenient, but I'll be honest I can definitely see why you'd rather see TL get a slight buff in range over SI especially during bossing. I recall also having to be quite close to important party members during HT to even reach them with my TL, potentially missing that buff can punish your party quite a lot compared to SI which doesn't even have a CD and can be used instantly.

Nothing to add onto this as of right now :)

I think it was mostly my fault for misunderstanding what the buffs were going to do for us originally which led to all this, not sure if I mentioned it before (A bit lazy to grab my old post) but I'll take it easy more the next time buffs are introduced that effect a class I enjoy playing especially if at first hand I don't feel like the changes made are any good, even though I haven't even been able to test anything yet.. so that's my bad.

With that out of the way, I'll give a short follow up on this part of your response ~

After getting a better understanding of what these buffs did for us I agree that these buffs made bossing less frustrating with regards to getting knocked back/off a platform at e.g. Horntail, Papulatus or well at the very least like you guys said a step in the right direction, I too have had my moments where I wanted to roll my face over the keyboard a few times because I just couldn't get a considerable amount of attacks in/if any at all due to knockback etc.
    With regards to you saying that Bucc's are kinda like a hybrid between Shad's and Warriors I feel the same way and I get where you're coming from when talking about the gap between Hero/Bucc in terms of dps and you wanting to see if there's anything more that can be done with Barrage/DS (I won't talk too much about this last point as I don't feel like I know enough about Hero's overall to really argue about anything + after I'm done responding to all this i'll make sure to look at Nise's suggestion with regards to the Barr/DS combo).

Improvements you mentioned who that might be made it the future:

-Decrease in CD for S.Transform /~/ Wouldn't mind this either although I'll admit I don't have very much experience with this yet because I just recently unlocked this together with Demo so I don't feel that I can comment much on this myself atm.
    (Also, wasn't really sure what you meant with "cqb" cause I don't use abbreviations much but I suppose you're talking about Corkscrew Blow?)

-Longer duration of E.Charge OR increase in Stance % /~/ Had to think a bit about this one, but I'd say the increase in stance % is probably the better pick here if something were to get changed in the future because looking back at what was discussed previously it'll be a nice improvement with regards to knockback issues/falling off platforms during HT and missing out on a lot of damage because of it. I feel that a longer duration for the charge buff could be nice because of the stats and stance it gives including the fact that you're not stuck trying to charge it as much to get your stance during HT for example, however this does mean it'll still only give the 50% stance instead of 80-90% (which I believe is the number that some buccs would like to see in the future). Kind of hard to end this debate between these 2 options, but I think since the charge rate itself has just recently been increased meaning you can have the charge buff up faster, increasing the duration of the buff aswell would make it so it's pretty close to 100% uptime (I feel this shouldn't be the case because there should still be some reason for having a charge meter, personally think it would be kind of weird for a skill called Energy Charge to get activated after say, attacking 6 monsters 4x in a row really fast with SSK for example).

-Increasing the range of TL /~/ As I mentioned above, totally with you on this one!

Like I mentioned before (I say mention a lot don't I lol?) I didn't really take enough time to see what effect most of the changes would really have on us before commenting on the buffs that were made, after giving it some time and playing after the update I realised that it didn't have nearly as much of an impact as I thought it would because at first I had the feeling that our dps would skyrocket.. and make us way stronger than I thought we ever should be.

Phew hope that cleared a few things up, sorry for making it a long one again but I wanted to make sure to get my thoughts out here properly..
    I don't wanna say I'm horrible at english but I might've said a few things here and there that could be misunderstood because of the way I worded it, since this is not my native language :) (so if anything comes up in the next replies just let me know and i'll be happy to correct myself, couldn't really keep up with mistakes I made anymore as this took pretty damn long to type out completely lol).

I'm down to continue discussing anything else regarding buccs and I've already read the other posts that were made about Buccs. I know I definitely don't know everything about them yet so thank you whoever left something here that was informative (you know who you are!)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    1:41 PM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    Es agradable que por fin haya mejoras en el bucanero pero hay algo que siempre e querido perdir, como bucanero lv 200 de la vieja escuela en europe maplestory y uno respetable en este servidor y es que deberían hacer que los bucaneros pudiéramos atacar con todas nuestras habilidades básicas estando transformados y super transformados, por que eso no altera nuestro daño, ya que estas habilidades solo aumentan nuestra def por que es una pena que esos 20 puntos de transformación al final queden en nada por la limitación de skills que se nos permite usar estando transformados, yo suelo armar combos aun con mis primeros skills y uso alrededor de 20 teclas en total, recuerdo que en lv altos con 20 en transformacion y 20 en supertrasformacion todo el rato estabas en transformándote alternando ambas habilidades y de verdad que se veía muy bien; espero que alguien lea esta sugerencia y la tome en cuenta.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018