1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Sale Event!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AntLegend, Jul 23, 2018.

1. AntLegend

AntLegend Mano

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    8:09 AM
    JustChill
    I/L Arch Mage
    Beaters
    I will not make a huge wall of text, but I will give my friendly suggestion in which others may agree with. I will keep it short and sweet.

Most of us know that washing can take a while.. if you vote every single day for one week without forgetting you yield yourself 35k vote cash. That's enough for 11.2 AP resets. My suggestion until the end of the event is to bring the price of AP resets down to 2.5k vote cash per reset, which in turn allows players to get 14 AP resets per week! That would mean that each time you vote, you would get enough for 2 AP resets instead of 1.6 AP reset(s). My suggestion is not permanent, but I think it would be a great luxury for us longtime players (and a nice boost for new players) whilst not being to overpowered or game-breaking.

AP Reset - 3,100 -> 2,500

I will suggest a few other possibilities for a "summer sale" in the Cash shop.

VIP Teleport Rock - 1,800 -> 1,350 (25% off)
    VIP Teleport Rock(6) - 9,000 -> 6,750 (25% off)
    Item Megaphone - 1,000 -> 800 (20% off)
    Fireworks(11) - 3,000 -> 2,400 (20% off)
    Extra Character Slots - 15,000 -> 12,000 (20% off)
    Equip/Use/Set-up/Etc/Cash - 4,000 -> 3,000 (20% off)

Thanks for taking the time to check out my thread, any feedback is appreciated!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    9:09 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    So to sum it up, reduced vote cash purchases (AP reset, tele rock, SMEGA) during event period only. Right? And for all events in the future too?

• Like Like x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    AntLegend

AntLegend Mano

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    8:09 AM
    JustChill
    I/L Arch Mage
    Beaters
    Thank you for the reply! I figured the summer event would be a great time to introduce this idea (only during the event period as you stated above).
    If all goes smoothly and people enjoy it, maybe it could become something that people look forward to with every MapleLegends event :)
    I don't see how this could cause any harm as it would help new people out as well!

4. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

12:09 PM
    It would be cool to have item-specific event discounts :D
    Like how in 2017, the Heart effects were "on-sale"
    Maybe the AP-reset discount could be an alternative for the AP-reset exchange during some events.
    I do think having variety in events is important and makes them more unique :)

So I love the idea, however I would put less items a on sale. Would be cool if event specific items would be on sale (ie: christmas effects 50% off during christmas event).
    I would implicate the AP-reset reduction rate on special occasions & instead of the exchange (therefore, some events you'd have to farm for AP-resets, some events you'd buy them at a discount, maybe some events they wouldn't be added so that it doesn't become repetitive or pattern-like :p).

EDIT: But unfortunately I think this must be done at the beginning of the event since it requires file changes I think???

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    5:09 AM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I like the idea of discounted items during events. It doesn't have to be restricted to ap resets or other usable items. It will be cool to see outfits and effects go on sale too (like nubjuleznubjulez mentioned).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Cheaper AP Resets? It devalues my accomplishments! Everyone should be miserable like ME because it's the only way things can remain fair according to my insecurities! REEEEEEEEEEEEE

/s

If it does happen though people will just hoard NX until the event happens in order to wash.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    That could be fixed by adding a limit to the number ap resets you can buy. For example, the first 10 ap resets are discounted, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

12:09 PM
    Also, if they make it random and not every event people wont know when discounts on ap resets happen.