1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

redacted

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ainz, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    5:28 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    ,-

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Syncrinity

Syncrinity Mushmom

Mar 19, 2018
    Male
    11:28 PM
    Invalidate
    Cleric
    Circus
    I have 3 currently. One is a tribal dragon on my forearm, one is the assassins creed symbol with wings coming out of it on my back, and on my chest I have a lioness as a tribute to my mother.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    i have birthmark on my right wrist...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Personally I'm not a fan of tats and have never considered getting one. I think most people get tattoos for dumb reasons, but I respect those that get meaningful tattoos i.e. tattoos about their loved ones, things they feel a strong personal connection to, etc. Also I think tattoos that use shades of black, white, and gray (like yours) look way better than ones that are colorful since the color fades over time and looks terrible when you get older. Sleeves are cool, but I feel like they look better on darker colored people. Some small tattoos on girls look cute if done correctly, but for the most part girls with tattoos are unattractive to me.

5. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Thanks! Glad to hear your perspective, you phrased it a lot more clearly than a lot of people who are against tattoos~

6. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    I know a lot of people with tattoos so I've seen dozens and heard people's reasons for getting them. For example I knew a girl who got a tattoo honoring her sister who passed away from cerebral palsy at an early age. And my brother is a marine and got a tattoo of an eagle on his chest (an Eagle is a symbol of freedom in US). Stuff like that is understandable to me. But I dont understand people who turn 18 and are like "fuck it Im gonna get a tattoo" and dont even know what to get until getting to the parlor and shown different templates. To each their own though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Codemarshank

Codemarshank Slime

Feb 28, 2018
    Male
    Florida
    Vexna
    Bishop
    ThotzRUs
    I have "This too shall pass" on my wrist to help me remember to be humble when things are going my way, and to also give me comfort when they are not.

I want to get more but I tend to think very long and hard about making sure that anything I put on my skin means something important to me. I've been thinking about getting "Fortune favors the bold" on the other wrist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    I love tattoos, but agree with Ghost.Ghost. that it's neat to have something more original, rather than just some templates the tattoo shop had available. But if the tattoo has a meaning to you, or if you simply like it, I don't see why anyone would stand against it. It's your own body, your own art.

I only have 4 tattoos atm, all done by VeraVera , except one tree on my right leg, which I started making myself, but turned out kinda terrible, so she fixed it and made it look neat lol.

First one was a just a simple circle below my left hand, to test out how stick and poke felt.

Straight after I got this on my leg:
    [​IMG]

If you're a weeb you might know where that's from, or if you've watched One Piece :b
    [​IMG]

Third one is the tree that I tried making on my calf, but failed miserably, which Vera then saved:
    [​IMG]

Fourth one and fairly new is a tattoo I designed myself. Had the idea about two years ago, but never did anything about it, until I recently redesigned it, and asked if Vera wanted to try tattoing it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have already made a tattoo design for my right arm, looking forward to getting that made! ~

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Vera

Vera Dark Stone Golem

Sep 27, 2016
    Female
    ei
    6:28 AM
    Nolo
    Buccaneer
    Demure
    I have a bunch of tattoos that I've mostly done myself as stick and poke.
    I want to get more, but I don't have money to get them done and I don't wanna cover my body with my own art only..

My first tattoos I made myself when I was 16 and tbh I still really like them cause the tattoos are really simple and small.

Now I do stick and poke tattoos mainly for friends but also some random people if they pay me haha
    Stick and poke is basically the most simple style of tattooing since you do everything without a machine. It takes more time and the designs have to be a bit different and simpler.
    Soon I'll have a tattoo machine and hopefully I'll learn how to do good tattoos with that.

Here you can check them out https://www.instagram.com/verapokes/

I understand your perspective, but personally I just really like how tattoos look and I don't see tattoos as something that has to have a deep meaning to it. I get tattoos cause I find it very aesthetically pleasing and I LOVE art. Some tattoos that I've got have been really meaningful, but alot of tattoos that I get are just pretty pictures before i've actually got the tattoo. However, when i get a tattoo that doesn't have any "proper meaning" it always ends up being something really important to me anyway, cause i will always remember the time when I got the tattoo and everything that was/has been going on in my life at the point of taking the tattoo.

I agree with you that just going to a shop and getting a ready made picture is a bit ehhhh.. I prefer to have all my tattoos custom made in a way that the tattoos that i get cant be just a tattoo from the internet or just a ready made template that other people might have got aswell. When someone has made the design for me or I've drawn something for myself to tattoo, the design already feels personal to me and thats enough for the "meaning" of it. Of course other people might think of it in a different way but as you said, To each their own though.

(sorry for rambling all unnecessary stuff, i'm quite high)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Those tats look really good. Those are what I'm talking about when I say simple ones that are black and shades of gray look good. They look way better than ones that are big and take up a large chunk of your skin. Ones that have thin black lines look more aesthetically pleasing and sort of flow with the curvature on your body in a way. For example the one on your wrist complements your bracelets and the subtle ones on your fingers would complement rings and nails.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Vera

Vera Dark Stone Golem

Sep 27, 2016
    Female
    ei
    Nolo
    Buccaneer
    Demure
    ayyy thank you so much !

12. Vera

Vera Dark Stone Golem

Sep 27, 2016
    Female
    ei
    Nolo
    Buccaneer
    Demure
    Thank youu !! and yess, I'd be happy to make you one haha

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    8:28 PM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    I heard a good quote once that was something like, "If you're unsure about getting a certain tattoo, wait a year (or some amount of months, really it is a different amount for everyone :)) and if you still want it, go for it!"

...I don't have any tattoos though, I just came to share this eheheh

14. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure

Ahahah shiiit VeraVera really saved your ass with that tree of yours OnionMuha

Like all ur tattoos tho. Aceeee OnionF4

• Like Like x 1
  15. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    I don't have any tattoo at the moment, but the idea have been on my mind for ages. The only reason why i haven't done it is because i haven't stopped enough time to think about something to put on my skin. Althought, the idea of getting one has been stronger this past month and i still don't know why, who knows if this will be the year i get one MapleF14

To everyone that posted theirs, they look really great tbh, i love watching tattoed parts, is really artistic.

P.S. VeraVera omg your tattoos!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    This is definitely a good rule of thumb. It's how I decide upon my tattoos as well, which is why I only have one at the moment :)

• Like Like x 1