1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

(Tease) Marksman improvements

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kimmy, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:59 PM
    Moderator Post
    Previous teases:
    Shadowers: Click
    Buccaneers: Click

The point of my teases is to showcase skill changes that are going to happen in Legends. The focus on these changes right now are client based changes, which were previously not possible but now is thanks to client engineering. With these teases we hope you look forward to on our next update.
    ---
    Marksman improvements will not be too much, but one thing that was bothering for v0.62 users is that Piercing Arrow charges incredible slow. In fact, its a full 2 seconds. In v0.83 they reduced this to 900 MS (0.9 seconds). As expected, we applied this change now in Legends's new client.

Preview
    Current: Click
    New: Click

Furthermore, the delay of Snipe will be decreased from 10 seconds to 5, which is once again a change they made in a later version of the game, because Marksmans are very underpowered.

This is the last tease I will be doing, but are not the last change(s). We hope you look forward to our next coming update.

SamusSamus fryberfryber .. are there any other Marksmans?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 11
  2. MapleBento

MapleBento Slimy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    9:59 AM
    Grizzly
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    Fuck Grizzly, getting Panda to 120. Marksman is good now guys. Let's go.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    11:59 AM
    Slave
    OH. MAH. GAWD. KEEM. I LOVE YOU.

Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. I can't wait to actually get to be really active again - looking forward to making a Marksman [in the way distant] future :)

For now, I'll squee like a fangrill and say praisebeLegends. fryberfryber you ready for this?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    How am I gonna make fun of this fucker deribouderibou now

wait he still has a drk LUL

• Like Like x 10
  5. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    10:59 AM
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    I'm in a real pickle now, I might max pierce before Dragon's Breath....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    You mean HB Mule only :^)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    What are your order of skills?
    I'm assuming you've done Xbow Expert 30 and SE 30 which would be 120-140; what else did you spec into o:

8. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    Regardless if correct I went: SE>Snipe>Expert>MW 9>Frostprey 21 (Probably going to reset into Pierce)

With 1 point in Dragon's Breath, Hero's Will, and Pierce currently.

9. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Eh, I'm not too concerned with order of 120-140 but I'm just assuming that most people do SE and Expert for the stable damage; whatever you pick, even if neither of those two, is fine if you enjoy it. Interesting that you went Snipe second though; I figure it would have been more productive to get pierce and duo skele but idk if you prefer bossing.

Does Dragon's Breath KB or mobbing go up in levels? I can't actually recall cuz it's been about a year or so since I last had a marksman on any server. Also, why reset the Frostprey to Pierce (as in, why not just add Pierce from now on)?

10. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    8:59 AM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    What about xAznMikeyxxAznMikeyx ? ^^
    Kim this is kickass! I don't have any characters with these classes but I'm really excited for others! Thanks for taking the time!!

11. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    you do that unless you have access to snipe 30 books
    which in that case you do SE->Snipe->Expert

12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:59 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    These are great changes, Kimberly. I'm so glad you aren't just sticking strictly to v62 anymore... well, I guess on a number of content/things the server hasn't, but now even diverging from mechanics is a BIG step.

So have all the snipe levels' cooldown been reduced by 5 seconds?

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Level 30 = 5 seconds. Wouldn't make sense if all levels were, seeing the damage is always 199k, isn't it?

14. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    Wow, this is quite the change. Marksman might now possibly be better then BM.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    As far as I remember, MM have always been better than unfunded BM until late/end game; I think it really depends on the BM's stats (dex/att) because Hurricane is pretty busted - idk the exact numbers any "high level" BM hit but I'm pretty sure if a BM even hits like 15-20k per arrow they will outstrip MMs considering Snipe is once every 5s and then they rely on Strafe/Frostprey damage.

This is just my hypothesis and estimates, but I'll try to actually have real data at some point.

Consider the span of in between Snipe; Snipe = 200k then you're left to Strafe/Frostprey (which I have no idea what that damage would total to over 4s since idk the cast time of strafe with or without booster+SI) but let's safely assume that within the realm of 1 snipe cast you can hit like 400-500k (not so sure how much people actually hit per line of Strafe here, on both regular mobs or bosses).

A BM that hits 15-20k per arrow of Hurricane (8.33 Arrows/sec), which, has one advantage because in the 4.XX seconds (as snipe should come up at exactly 5) you could probably hit like 36-39 arrows. Let's look at 15*36 as 540 or 20*360 as 720k. That range gap is huge but it does seem to outstrip MMs.

*Note that I actually have like 0 idea of what a BM is supposed to hit here, but I figure that 15-20k isn't that much of a stretch by "late" late-game (AKA 18X+).

But considering this server's rates, I'm pretty sure you're not wrong about MM being superior because it's rather challenging to get to such a high level and even have decent attack items (also, considering the highest attack pot we currently have common access to is the Heartstopper, this damage of 15-20k might be a bit rough; I'll do number checks soon I guess).

Edit: Turns out that Hurricane, I think, is 100% damage per arrow here? I'm not sure how often you could actually outdamage MM then, as I'm unsure of how high upper level bowman ranges actually are, or how much Crit can really amp someone's damage.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  16. Sam_Vosh

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    It's what happens in between Snipe that will make or break it. The choice is between Strafe and Piercing Arrow. If you are going to check, I suggest you look into the various situations with Piercing Arrow as well. Just to make sure. Take into account that this skill also gets a buff this patch.

I could give you BM specific numbers if you want. Lvl 173 with a medium to good bow here.

17. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Would pierce actually strike better on bosses? I thought the skill picked up damage as it went through mobs; thus making it weaker if you were bossing, perhaps.

I should probably mention my comparisons there were only for a single mob, probably for bosses (I only mentioned damage on regular mobs because I don't know how much the discrepancy is when you switch from one to the other with archer skills).

If we're talking about training damage, I think we're clear that MM is vastly superior, but I'd like to stick on the topic of bossing for comparing damage.

Edit: Just remembered Pierce is useful for arms; so now damage depends on the boss/ phase of the boss.

Also, I forgot that Hurricane can pin so it seems to be the victor at high dmg bosses like Tengu/Anego

• Like Like x 1
  18. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    As it stands right now with the 10 second CD I currently get 12 strafes with booster. From my experiences with HT, SI allows me a 13th strafe. Per strafe my damage can vary between 16k (no crits) to 70k (all 4 crit).

My choice for 120-140 was fueled by my lack of damage output (161 base INT) so having SE and Snipe were a bit more appealling compared to Expert.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sam_Vosh

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    We should do a DPM test between each other once the patch hits. Get solid numbers to our stats. See which class is the better, BM or MM.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    When you're listing the 16-70k differential, I'm assuming you were on stoppers the entire time, correct?

fryberfryber Sam_VoshSam_Vosh when you guys test, you guys should compare the different between unbuffed (or low att pot) vs Heartstoppers damage. If you'd like, I'd be willing to farm them for you if you don't want to spend the money on that.