1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cowgirlsweet, Aug 31, 2020.

1. cowgirlsweet

cowgirlsweet Red Snail

Aug 22, 2020
    Female
    5:12 AM
    LydiaHeals
    Cleric
    I just found Maple Legends a week ago, after talking to a friend who loves classic Runescape about how the only game I'd get nostalgic for was Maple Story. I started playing on MSEA when there wasn't a GMS option - I was in middle school and I loved it. Anyway. I remember sinking hours and hours and hours into Maple Story. Playing it after school, hanging out with my guild, freaking out when Ludi was released. A whole day I spent doing a single jump quest, then later, spending weeks getting good enough at that jump quest that I started selling 'services' - doing them for friends on their accounts. And then when I got my first real life job at 15, I'd leave my game running, selling stuff at the FM, so when I'd come home after school and then work to check my store, change things around, buy stuff, and reopen it before I went to bed.

The whole time I kept telling myself if I ever got a boyfriend he would have to play Maple Story with me. Well I got older, Maple started to change, turned into something different. My friends got less active, and high school turned into college. I lost interest.

A week ago I found Maple Legends, and on Saturday I spent the whole day playing Maple with my husband. Showing him the ropes, trying not to pressure him in case he didn't like it. But he loves it! And it might not seem like a big deal but I realized one of my dreams came true.

So I wanted to say thanks. Thanks to all the people who have been nice to us (me, trying to remember how to play this game - and having all my knowledge be outdated as hell, him, an old man trying to learn for the first time) and of course the folks running it. I get there's a lot of bad vibes on people who are mad about rebalancing or whatever, and then folks who are too cool to have genuine emotions about stuff. And then folks who will see the two of us, wildly unoptimized, killing mushies we're way overlevelled for because it's fun and we don't know how to do 'better.' But I wanted to say thanks anyway.

It was supremely bad timing we got started on Saturday, and didn't know that Sunday was maintenance. And then even worse because Sunday was my birthday - life is hilarious like that. I made sure not to mention playing, even made lots of plans for other stuff we could do, and then in the evening he sat down at his computer and said he was mad, because he usually would've been booting up Skyrim for the billionth time, but all he could think about was playing Maple Story. He genuinely likes it. And I can't wait to get back to it! So thanks. Sincerely.

Thanks for reading all this, too! I hope you have a great day!

• Friendly Friendly x 18
  2. revs

revs Snail

Aug 30, 2020
    Male
    9:12 PM
    Antonyms
    Magician
    Lovely! I found Maple Legends 4 days ago and its been exactly the same! That nostalgic feeling, doing party quests and not even remembering what to do but having that amazing community who understood and helped me going through it was amazing! I couldnt help myself calling my friends who used to play Maple years ago and told them all about the server, even my cousin and brother who i used to play with back in the day and I can say theyre all very excited waiting for the server to come back up to download it and bring back some memories!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1