1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The 1x Rate Challenge

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Zombotrox, Jun 22, 2017.

Would you want 1x rate characters to be a thing?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. No

52 vote(s)
    53.1%
  3. Whether it's implemented or not, it does not bother me

14 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. FOR PEOPLE THAT CAN'T READ, THIS WILL NOT AFFECT THE CURRENT SERVER RATES. THIS IS SEPARATE.

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    11:21 PM
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    Edit: A new poll option was added. If you already voted, please consider changing your option to the third if need be.

I had an idea for hardcore grinding players who would also be rewarded for their hard work. I had an idea for there to be an option to have all rates towards your character be 1x (EXP, Quest EXP, etc). When these characters reach certain levels, they will get certain rewards depending on their job (or maybe a fixed reward for all jobs) that are untradeable so they're specifically designed for that specific character and will only favor that specific character. I don't have any ideas for rewards at the moment but maybe the community could help if this is a possible thing to do.

Maybe there doesn't have to be rewards and maybe just make 1x rate characters a thing, I honestly think that would be cool if it is a possible thing to pull off.

You can forfeit from the 1x Rate Challenge at any time and return to regular server rates. Once you forfeit, you can't take the challenge again with the same character.
    - This does not have to apply but I think it'll be good to consider, especially if people don't want to deal with 1x anymore.

What do you guys think? Vote in the poll and comment to share your thoughts.

Note: This does not effect the regular server rates. Characters that are 1x are specifically made for the 1x Rate Challenge while all other characters that aren't a part of the challenge remain at the existing server rates. All 1x Rate Challenge characters will start from Level 1 and you can't enter the challenge with any character above Level 1.

For people also thinking 1x would be too hard, be aware these were rates that people played at back in the day, not only that, BUT IT BEING "TOO HARD" IS THE EXACT POINT SOME OF US WANT TO BE CAPABLE OF PLAYING 1x RATE CHARACTERS! Just because you won't be creating a 1x character does not mean you have to disagree with the people who want this challenge.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    11:21 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    I mean yes... and no...
    I like the idea but I think it's a little weak. If you want a challenge you can make a beginner, or islander, or str mage for all I know. Maybe some players would like it but I'm not sure it would quite catch, because the server already has low rates. Maybe if the legends playerbase grew a lot, there could be a separate server within the server that offers only 1x rates. I also can't think of any worthwhile rewards for being 1x. Most in-game items have the ultimate goal of supporting you in leveling up. Maybe unique cosmetics or equip skins? Idk. FoxF6

3. FireMushroom

FireMushroom Horny Mushroom

Nov 28, 2016
    5:21 AM
    If a player reaches 200 on x1 then they could get an npc put next to their 1st job instructor!

• Like Like x 1
  4. James M

James M Mixed Golem

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Texas
    4:21 AM
    GosuDesu
    Buccaneer
    TreeHouse
    No. No No No and No. Some of us enjoy being able to level once a day.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    There are not many 1x servers out there, probably none at all, so what's the problem with implementing this in the first place? It satisfies people with a more difficult challenge and doesn't hurt people who aren't going to play with the 1x rates. Adding this would only satisfy people and give a challenge to people who want to play on 1x servers but either can't find a server or there are just not enough players.

6. James M

James M Mixed Golem

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Texas
    4:21 AM
    GosuDesu
    Buccaneer
    TreeHouse
    This server is perfectly balanced as it is a median between the harsh, almost cruel grind of GMS versus the ridiculous exp rates of private servers. There's a reason why this server is popular: it's a server designed to be fairer and more balanced while enjoying nostalgic game play. Or just play perma-beginner if you want a challenge.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    2:21 AM
    This wouldn't be for all players though, just for those who opt in and can opt out anytime.

Maybe have another server next to Scania that's 1x only. That's the real challenge, having 1x rates and no previous equips from Scania. I don't know how feasible that is though.

8. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    A 2nd server requires more management & can split playerbase.

imo we don't have enough players. We only have a peak of 630~. Many of them have already invested in the server we have and probably wouldn't be very interested in a 2nd or heavily devoting time to that.

There are other challenges already available you can do instead of changing rates.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    Yes, it would take a lot of resources to run a separate server and even a separate channel. There would be nothing hard to changing rates of certain characters that desire it on the other hand and it doesn't effect players that don't want it.

10. holys

holys Red Snail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    11:21 AM
    XHolyX
    Magician
    Did you take the idea from old school RuneScape?

11. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    Pretty much, yeah, LOL. I meant, I thought of it first and then realized it was kind of like OSRS. That and it'd just be as satisfying to achieve levels the same way people did back in the day. I really don't see any reason why this should be put down.

12. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    I 100% agree with this. They'd also be a true legend... and that in itself is a reward.

13. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    Challenges that are at a 2x rate EXP... Even if it is considered "low rate", there are people that would like to take the challenge of playing at 1x rate getting nearly the EXACT experience people got back in the day since no rates would be modified but there aren't really any servers with 1x rates. Just because there are already challenges available does not mean that it will appeal to everyone (I'm doing Islander rn). Having 1x rate will grow a small community of people and bring some people together (much like how Islanders have their own guild, they're their own little group). In itself, new challenges will appear and that does not effect the community in a negative way at all. 1x Islander? 1x Beginner? 1x pretty much any challenge. It's a character made designed for specific rates and it shouldn't take much work to do to begin with.

14. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    I was mainly against the idea of implementing a 2nd server for this.
    1x rate character is an interesting challenge, but I'm indifferent to if it's implemented or not.(maybe make this a poll opt too instead of just y/n?)

Also it's affect not effect sorry it's my pet peeve :c

15. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    Poll option added.

You're the type of itch I can't scratch through my jeans.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hito

Hito Stone Golem

May 4, 2017
    Straya
    5:21 PM
    Ainu
    Hermit
    Galaxy
    Get to 99%, kill yourself back down to 50%. Easy.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    2:21 AM
    Not a bad idea...

18. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    Well, since the results are nearly mixed (Option 1 + 3), I'll eventually try to host a 1x challenge myself (losing EXP through deaths) since this more than likely will not be implemented. I more so wanted this for an official 1x challenge where the most dedicated grinders could be rewarded with items that regular players could not obtain. I wanted to try to encourage the exact GMS v0.62 rates without affecting the current rates but it looks like that will never be possible through official means unless Neckson decides to release a v0.62 version themselves. Although I can't promise good rewards or rewards at all, I may or may not try to host a 1x challenge. Until then, I encourage you guys to please vote yes in the poll on this thread. People have been saying no without any good arguments at all and or just not saying anything. Please push this to be an official thing. It will not take much work to implement anyways.

19. Qwyl

Qwyl King Slime

May 27, 2017
    Male
    3:21 AM
    Land
    Islander
    Amherst
    I'd argue that this is a poor use of time and resources by those who administrate the server. If the rates are too high for you there are other servers with 1x rates, they just have less players. There's no reason to implement a system where people are divided by 1x/2x and the ones on 1x get special gear. It's just a waste of the staff's time and effort that they could put toward something better for the server. As there isn't much support for the idea, I don't think many are interested. I understand where you're coming from and I agree with the general premise of things being harder than normal but it seems a little too much? The only 1x v62 server died out a long time ago, probably because no one wants to bother anymore because they have work/school/ect.

• Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    Sure, let me play on servers with nearly no community/economy. The reason 1x characters would fit so well within this server is because it has what other servers don't, not to mention it's one of the biggest MapleStory private servers. Most people disagree likely and mainly because they themselves would not bother playing on 1x. People on 1x would get untradeable, unique gear because they'd be playing on a rate more challenging to level up on. They'd be deserving of it. Not to mention I'm pretty positive that lowering rates for specific characters would not take much effort/time to put into effect and I'm pretty sure even the staff knows it. How do I know they know this? Rates at Maple Island are 1x until the character reaches Level 10. Having this implemented will take nearly no effort because they already know how to implement it.

Okay, then they could either stick to 2x characters or opt out of 1x if they get tired of it. Either way, you have to opt in to get 1x rates to begin with. People who don't want to bother with it will simply not. 1x rates would be meant for players knowing the consequences and would be implemented for hardcore grinders to begin with.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017