1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The age-old issue: New player and HP-washing

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by iara, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    2:37 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Now that you've disagreed with my prior post, I guess I'll quote my own ^ Seems like it says "total int" but maybe it's just me idk. Free internet, disagree with w/e you want :>

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    that.png
    Or is this "base int" as well? And when did I say it was a requirement btw? I specifically just said to our server's ADMIN that it's only a suggestion lol

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    11:37 PM
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    Maybe if you read the OP you would see they are not willing to get INT gear. You are continuing to peck at details while ignoring the discussion. Also, you are trolling misinformation to new players, which I will continue to call-out and correct.

4. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Oh ok :> I didn't read anything and I'm trolling :> I hope you feel better soon! Enjoy your insane lofts, my thief requires no leech.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

6:37 AM
    Since no one said this yet, you dont need to remake your character. Just lvl a bit and add a bit of INT.
    Edit: youre only lvl 36, i see no reason to remake your char.

• Agree Agree x 10
  6. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    7:37 AM
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    I started with an Archer character. So I would like to put my 2 cents here. I Lvled mostly alone, with little leech but no mage mule. I didn't concern myself with washing despite what everyone was telling me. I continued to play how I liked. Grinding and playing how I enjoyed Maple.

It wasn't until I hit lvl 80 where I thought I would actually stay long enough to try and reach for Horntail. I started HP washing by putting lvl up points into INT. Aimed for a solid 80 INT giving me 2 hp washes per 3 lvls. This has served me well ever since. By the time I hit lvl 140 I could join in with Horntail runs and survive easily.

With Monsterbook and the rings, there is no need for anyone to ask themself the question if they want to kill Horntail when they have just started. In fact, I think when you hit around lvl 80 is when you have to make that decision. It will take a while before you get there. Long enough to ground yourself in Maple and decide what you enjoy the most. If it is not Horntail. You can enjoy every other part of the game. No HP requirements whatsoever.

Please enjoy the game as you want to play Maple. Don't let others tell you how you should play the game.

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. ecence

ecence Slime

May 26, 2018
    2:37 PM
    WideAwake
    Hero
    Hogwarts
    Just add your INT to 40 or so now, and hope for some decent income later in your levels, maybe a lucky gacha White Scroll or Chaos scroll. Once you get some money, maybe invest in a few cheaper INT items first, such as earing, wand, cape.. then work your way up to a robe/glove.

Don't worry about adding in any HP until you are higher, it is only the INT you need to worry about for now.

Save up your NX once you are happy with cosmetics, then at later levels you can for a few levels just add all your points into HP to wash your MP out.

8. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    8:37 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Hey, it looks like a lot of people have already said the important stuff. I just want to sum it up for you the way I understand it and add my own personal advice, because I'm a LOT like you.

The bottom line is that yes, HP washing is usually blown out of proportion because a lot of people like to go hardcore with it. It's no reason to quit the game, but take it into consideration, you're going to want better HP.

Just like you don't mind taking the extra time to do quests, hunt for cards and enjoy the game instead of mindlessly grinding or getting leeched, you shouldn't mind making the extra effort of doing basic washing on limited funding rather than making a mage to fund yourself. I'm exactly like that, and I'm still enjoying the game. Washing since ~lv 60 at my best pace and not too worried. You have to understand that old school MS is a slower-paced game. It will take you longer to reach higher levels. It will take you longer to make money. So relax; if you're planning to stick around long enough to get to horntail levels, you're going to have some vote cash building up eventually, and you're going to come across helpful scrolls and gear.

Here's a guide that I still use- make sure you really understand what HP washing is and how to do it. Keep asking around as well. You can PM me with questions if you like. Maybe friends would be able to loan you some basic INT equips (or even basic DEX/ wep. att. equips to help compensate for AP hard coded into INT) to give you a push. You don't have to have the best equips or anything, whatever you can scrounge up can help. I definitely recommend adding in something like 40 base int from levelling up over the next few levels. It hurts damage only a bit and helps a ton in the long run. Trust me, by the time you're done HP washing you WILL have enough NX to put it all back into DEX.

I know this is long but last advice- don't just hoard INT until you HAVE to wash, try to wash in some HP every few levels. It will make for a less frustrating relationship with your HP potion key.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    Sarina
    Never heard of INT. I thought STR was the primary stat? :unsure:

[​IMG]

10. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    5:37 PM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    If you don't have 30k HP clean then you're fucking garbo scum and you don't even deserve to breath the same air as us elitists.

• Informative x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Great Work x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    1:37 AM
    Iara
    Crossbowman
    I restarted my character and plan going for 100 INT at the very least.

I wish Kimmy removed HP washing tho. This is dumb, and shouldn't exist.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    You're gonna struggle so hard with 100 int early on, especially if you can't afford the int items. You're gonna be too weak to quest, kpq, lpq, and train effectively unless you have strong items.

Just like samvosh, I started washing late (lvl 70) and it ended up working well in the end. I was able to enjoy the early stages of maple, doing the above things without stress. I pumped int right after 3rd job and trained all the way til the current level I am now. Remember, I started the game with no money and I dont think HP washing would be an option for me at the start even if I knew about it.

Training from 70 - 130 was not as strugglesome even though i was pumping int because these mobs actually gave good exp despite my weak damage.

Washing late worked well for me

• Like Like x 1
  13. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    12:37 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    You're just complaining without offering any solutions. HP washing is an issue that needed to be addressed when a server is started, not years later when a large portion of the server pop. has undergone the process. It's really, really not that bad unless you're going for some insane min-maxing.

The recently introduced monster book rings already make the process tremendously easier, if you're looking for something more on top of that you need to at least present a viable and defendable solution, not just "hp washing is dumb remove pls."

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    8:37 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    *sigh* This is pretty much what we were trying to prevent by explaining everything. I hope you at least kept your first character in case you have a hard time training with 100 int right off the bat. And as before, I'm here if you have questions or need help. Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:37 AM
    Moderator Post
    Time for a 4th mapletip. /s

• Like Like x 1
  16. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

6:37 AM
    Literally advised against remaking, most people gave you extremely sound advice which you chose to ignore.

Next time, avoid making a thread at all. It will save everyone a lot of time.

Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. BAPE

BAPE Orange Mushroom

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    NYC
    Fame
    Night Lord
    Clout
    Just do you :tick:

18. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    2:37 PM
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    Here's a prime example of "Washing is stupid, remove it, but I also want 8k+ hp on my ranged character before reaching HT levels". I was one of the people who told OP on discord that their lvl 35 character isn't ruined.
    Well then, OP don't go playing that xbow, listen to those people who told you to get that much base int. They probably told you to make a bishop as well, so you could fund/leech that xbow, do that as well.

Even before monsterbook rings were even a thing, people started wearing int equips at lvl 50 - lvl 80, pumped some base Int and have still reached an acceptable hp to go to HT easily. Now with the recently added +1100 hp from rings, people could possibly put off wearing int equips until lvl 120+ and still be able to do the end game bosses.

19. Manny

Manny Mushmom

Mar 7, 2017
    Manny
    Bowmaster
    Animals
    Just play a bishop and beg for gen30 and mw20

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    Iara
    Crossbowman
    What's the point in trying to say anything if I'll just be met with the amazing "you are just complaining because you don't want to do it" logic.

I did restart but I'm not dumb. I am going for 100 INT, but I'm not adding it in one go. At level 15 or so I had 60 INT, then proceeded to pump out DEX to not struggle. Then i will go back to INT. So on and so forth.

It's not an opinion that HP washing is a broken feature, and you guys know it. Several others have outright quit because of that. All I did was restart my character.

• Agree Agree x 2