1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Boss-Chair System - harming the community.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Oddin, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    1:42 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yes basically if you have a boss that has a spawn time of 4 hours (240 mins) it will show up 216 - 264 mins after killing it. If you increase the random factor to 50% it will take that same boss 120 to 360 minutes to respawn.

I should've worded that better.

You'll still have the same average amount of bosses available but they won't be killed by the few people keeping track of time as much making bosses more accessible but most of all preventing the situation of someone showing up seconds before a boss spawns.

2. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    7:42 PM
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals
    My bad bro :) misunderstood ~

Hope the issue can be resolved !

Would be cool if Mushmom n other bosses could be -summoned- the way Mr.Latanica n stuff can.

Like boss spawns being RANDOM, but in addition, if those spots happen to be boss-less, you can drop an ETC drop and spawn it ( with a daily limit, of course ). That could be pretty cool :)

This way people can ensure that they will have a boss fight on their terms without interruption, and yet still has a healthy economy of how many bosses spawn naturally and so people can randomly fight them too.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Item should be untradeable right?

4. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals
    That is a good point :) yes that would be ideal

5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:42 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I also agree randomized spawn timers is a good idea. Not only does it make it more fair, giving newcomers a chance at a boss and making the person who killed it last work harder, but it also makes it impossible for a single person to effectively hog up several bosses at once.

• Like Like x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Oddin

Oddin Slime

Feb 22, 2017
    2:42 AM
    Oddin
    Beginner
    this one would work,in my opinion

7. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    i don't think it's possible lmao

8. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    So far my favourite is suggestion is making the spawns more random :)

9. Dulce

Dulce Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Dulce
    Hermit
    Staff
    First of all my comment is specifically ment for the boss Manon.

This boss is needed for 4th job advancement & etc item for entering HT cave. It is also populair, because of the chair drop and the normal items it drop.

Making the spawn more random, will only lead into camping manon longer for Demure & Halcyon. I am glad that there are 6 channels now, which means 2 extra manon cry for the guilds who are doing HT. Since they days of the run are like monday and saturday for Halcyon i believe and wednessday and sunday for Demure, you might see these 2 guilds alot at manon, BUT i know for a fact that both these guilds won't hesitate to help you out with the 4th job advancement quest.

The problem can be solved by just asking the community to help for manon and also for bigfoot if you need to complete the quest for a toe, you can just ask SwordArtSwordArt for his service.

Also if none of us have the spawn time, there is always the solution to camp out the map until it spawned (keeping the mapowner). I don't see how time consumption can be an excuse to do that, since this is the most challenging private server i know AS IT SHOULD BE. Leveling your character can be time consuming and so can questing be too.

• Like Like x 8
  10. nautxj99

nautxj99 Mano

May 31, 2017
    4:42 PM
    Borke
    Dark Knight
    WeenieHutJrs
    Maybe a instance area from something like pressing up where the boss spawns at that you can only enter if you have the quest for it

11. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    [​IMG]

get it

• Like Like x 4
  12. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    there is always the camp until it spawns option
    TriHard

13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    No, that is actually not true. If the spawn times are randomized, it should mean that more or less the average time it takes for a boss to spawn is the same. It prevents a single person from sweeping through all bosses at a set time within a very short interval and kill them all, making it much harder for a single person to, say... kill all 6 manons at once, thus preventing your guild from getting the manon cries they need.

You literally can only benefit from this suggestion, since a single person hogging up the bosses so that you cannot kill them is the biggest obstacle to you getting the thing you need.

No one should have a boss timer imo. The only way your group could frequently have boss timers is if you are just killing the bosses repeatedly when you don't need to anyway.

14. James M

James M Mixed Golem

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Texas
    6:42 PM
    GosuDesu
    Buccaneer
    TreeHouse
    Chairs damage communities? Sounds like conspiracy

15. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    tbh I have camped manon for 3+ hours before to get a cry and I've camped other area bosses for multiple hours before aswell, for quests and items before the chairs even existed.
    If you want it badly, imo you can wait for it to spawn and keep mapowner, I don't honestly see a problem with this

• Like Like x 2
  16. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    Paladin
  17. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Flavors ain't all about Halcyon dulcey ;)

18. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
  19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Why don't you look at this thread as a discussion of "In what way can players' bossing experience be improved?" rather than "well I had a bad experience, so you should have a bad experience too!"

• Like Like x 1
  20. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Honestly, just a small variance in the spawn timers would be pretty nice. It doesn't even need to be much, just enough to offset the spawns on the different channels.

I dropped by Seruf while doing a quest yesterday and there was 5 people who went there the moment it spawned because they had the exact 1h timer, it was pretty weird. Adding a tiny bit of randomness on the spawn time would make it so people couldn't be there for the exact spawn time, and stop people from wiping all 6 channels for smaller bosses if they have the kill time.

It'd help with people ''hogging'' bosses and give people a chance to actually encounter them if they're just passing by.

• Like Like x 1