1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pirate The Buccaneer Bible Definitive Edition. Tome 1: Embarking on a new adventure

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by KurayamiLove, Oct 19, 2020.

1. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    10:08 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    ~Introduction~

Nice weapon you have there buddy, where is mine? You are looking at them right now mate! My bare hands are made to destroy whatever the enemy throws at me because you know what they say: If life gives you lemons…. You punch the hell out of them!

This is the definitive version of the Buccaneer Bible guide that I made long ago. I have in mind to update the guide when something new comes and since this will be a tome to tome edition editing the new parts will be a lot easier. Thank you for reading and I hope any of you can improve by reading this.

~The Basics~

Buccaneer is a Pirate subclass that uses knuckles as their main weapon. To become a Pirate you need at least 20 base DEX and level 10 to become one. Speak to Kyrin inside the Nautilus to start your journey as a Pirate.

Your main stat will be STR and your secondary stat is DEX. The best way to distribute your stats is to have as much STR as possible while keeping your base DEX as low as you can. Achieving 20 base DEX isn't too hard and should be your end goal. You may have a bit of base INT at the beginning of the game to wash but I will release a washing guide on the next tome.

~How does a Buccaneer play?~

Every job has their unique feeling when comes to playing but how does Buccaneer feel?.

Buccaneer is a combo-based class that needs to micromanage a charge meeter and the cooldown of a super form. Many skills of the job cannot be spammed forcing you to combine them, knowing what to to do at times is crucial to keep your damage output. All this skill linking and management of skills make the job have a flow, some sort of rhythm that will be ingrained in you once you get used to playing the class, this flow was called back then: control. The class altho complex is not mechanically hard, as in you don't need too much reaction time (no job in Maple have that kind of difficulty is mostly knowledge), reaction time only comes to certain I.Frames casts but we will talk about them in future tomes.
    This kind of gameplay demands a lot of attention on your part making most boss fights or grinding more engaging and fun, always looking to do better on your next run and improve your performance is this job bread and butter.

Once you know how it plays let's get down to learn how to play this class together!

Tome collection:

Tome 2: A pearl of knowledge:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...ve-edition-tome-2-a-pearl-of-knowledge.34820/
    Tome 3: A Pirate Beginner guide:
    Coming up soon...
    Tome 3: Brawler guide:
    Coming up soon...
    Tome 4: The path of the Marauder:
    Coming up soon...
    Tome 5: The perfect Buccaneer:
    Coming up soon...
    Tome 6: A deep look into Bossing:
    Coming up soon...

If you wish to ask me anything about the class dont be shy and send me a private message or ask me directly on ym discord: Kurayami#4415

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    2:08 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Hello! Thank you for your comprehensive guide. I'm very excited to see it. I noticed that you posted part 2 as a separate thread. I'm wondering will you be posting each part as a different thread? ^^

3. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    10:08 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I will make every tome a different post since the old one was soooo long that editing was was runing the forum slow, it also had some issues showing certain aprts liek teh spoilers. I will work as much as I can to finish it but is gona take a long while.

4. Beene

Beene Slime

Sep 8, 2017
    Male
    5:08 PM
    Buccaneer
    kurayami updated bucc guide is definitely pogers