1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The current state of affairs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Unlucky, May 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    9:04 AM
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Now while people are bringing up openmaple as our competition, you guys fail to realize that the legends players that are there are ones that already quit wayyyy back around the fall of 2015 and before that. I will say that i have detected a few that are still playing recently here and that honestly disappoints me, but i cant blame them. There isnt much to do here left. Bosses are done. Grinding isnt needed as much. The last direction left is to get stronger and wait for new content, and guess what? The way to get stronger is extremely limited, and content hasnt been added for a long while. You know, looking back into the history of maplestory private servers, i dont think any other server has done ht appleless. No other server has had the level of competition we have here. There a lot of things a lot of servers haven't accomplished that we have, and thats thanks to the dedication that our players have. We all love the server, and we definitely want to see it improve but we haven't, and its stayed that way for months now. I will not take credit and give credit where its due. No other server has had a server this clean. And thats a HUGE part thanks to the staff. It pains us to see them ignore suggestion or not do anything or even hang on different servers. We love you guys, we'd love to know what you guys are up to, or what you have planned for us, but at the end of the day when we need you, you arent there. It's evident that our playerbase is a direct correlation to the staff activity. We've had people smegaing for help often, which was basically unheard of months ago. Only about a month ago did some gm disclose that @gm messages delete themselves over time, after one YEAR of gameplay. Do you realize how frustrating that is? For a whole year, no one knew that our help messages, if not received in a certain amount of time, will delete itself?! Sure this wasnt a probably back then as we were active, but look at it now! We have new players stranded and needed for help, new players that we have to keep otherwise this server will dissipate. Where is the staffs concern and care? After finding half of them on another server was semi shocking. Find that they were ACTIVE on it killed me. As a player who was on DAILY from his very start 10 months ago, that just killed my motive to play. The lack of care is starting to show. And with that i leave you this.
    http://imgur.com/jNllK62

• Like Like x 6
  2. Noods

Noods Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    10:04 PM
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    Much of what has been said on the thread is valid and I understand the sincerity of the concern and points raised. However, one should still not take liberties with the truth and make sweeping statements such as "They've lost interest here and migrated as a group to a different server."

• Like Like x 3
  3. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    10:04 AM
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    i been following other server rules that's people can't talk about other server so the staff here don't have that rule?

4. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    hey man, dont want to be rude but id suggest sitting this discussion out. You've been here for a short while and are slighty going off topic. I'd recommend you continue to play and get the experience out of the server and not read any of this as i wish to not sway you away. Once you've been here a little longer you may or may not find this thread to your liking.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Noods

Noods Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    10:04 PM
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    Speaking from a player perspective (I was playing long before I joined staff), I do not see how the argument of it being difficult to become stronger and not having more content can be entirely put down as a fault of the server.

Lack of content is a flaw of v62, we all know end game doesn't hold much interest after a certain point and it is repetitive as hell. And yet we choose to play it anyway because we enjoy the nostalgic gameplay. In my opinion, the main reason why another new server might hold interest is because it's a chance for some to start anew, do (almost) the same thing over again but probably at a higher rate and try to be number 1 if competiton is your thing. Hype 4 wipe, right? In reality there isn't anything that isn't being offered here in terms of content or features except for a few minor differences, as far as I know. Could more (new) content have been pushed out? Definitely. But I don't see it as an advantage that others have over us.

As for the argument that "the way to get stronger is extremely limited", I think we knew early on that getting stronger here would be much harder than elsewhere, and that's what some like about the server. I am talking about chaos scrolls, white scrolls, weapon scrolls. It would take much more effort here to perfect your end game gear. If you are talking about Apples in particular, then yes, I can see where the disappointment comes from. However, it being difficult to be stronger in terms of gear should not be looked at as a flaw of the server.

Just my 2 cents. Again, it's my personal opinion and does not reflect the staff in any way.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    hey i didn't give full the experience like everyone else because i get too picky for looking a mmorpg that have combat pet (i never find one that i like) and i didn't understand how to enjoy the game back then i understand how classic maplers feel for Neckson changed maplestory into user friendly mmorpg mostly because people hate the classic maplstory and complaining maple island quests take too long to complete level cap is too long and take forever to level up and other stuff i didn't hear on the Neckson forums or maplestory fan community forums so if you thinking i'm those modern maplers you are worng

7. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    4:04 PM
    Had it MapleF2
    [​IMG]
    Lost it MapleF4
    [​IMG]

No salt from me, just some shits and giggles :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    As for the perfect items, its essentially unrealistic, and you legitimately cannot work for them as they are behind a wall of rng. Paying for them can easily be done sure, but you have to wait for someone to gach it and that's just stupid. It's not the matter of "more effort" and it being "harder". No, its the matter of lack of resources on the server and having said resources behind a busted rng wall. The other problem with this wall is that its only 1 of the 2 options to do with spending nx. The player can either gach and get these items, or he will wash so he can boss at 140 ish instead of 190. In the entire year of legends, id estimate there to only have been in the high 40s for white scrolls, at that rate no perfect items will ever exist considering the demand. Content wise we are looking for old things that used to be in gms like APQ. APQ provides the incentive to farm again for said sweet apple. It adds another item to the economy to help circulation, the same circulation that is currently none existant. These 2 demanded things are in the control of the staff, and rightfully, we'd ask upon them for a change. If theyre gonna do it is to the matter of them.

9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    8:04 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Oh ho, "liberties with the truth"? So how would you describe it? What are the implications when the owner of one game server is seen spending time on another server of the same type of game, which can be seen as their competitor? How about not just the owner, but several staff members as well? The writing is on the wall!

And this is why sticking exactly to GMS is never the answer. Somehow the admins and most players convince themselves that exact replication of GMS is what they want, but in the end, we have paved a road to nowhere. Everyone knows this is exactly what it is.

Without thinking much, players assume what they want is an experience exactly like it was on the official servers. But of course they leave out the massive amount of hackers, the botters, the meso sellers, the toxic community, and last but not least the money leeching owners known as Neckson who made the game pay to win.

There truly is no such thing as a nostalgic experience. Only how we visualize the game would be ideally.

In reality, I think what the players want... and if not, simply what they need, is a balanced server that introduces content and changes based on what makes sense and not what was pre-ordained by a company everyone hates, ironically.

Edit: Also, perfect items are quite out of the question, but I don't think anyone is complaining about that. There are certain classes that have always had an unfair imbalance in the number of 30% scrolls available to them. Certain 30% scrolls were lucky enough to be dropped by mobs players trained on frequently, and thus those weapons had a good supply. Players using those weapons could make quite powerful weapons, though they were not perfect.

Some classes, however, have never seen any ample supply of 30% scrolls. The disparity is absolutely crushing. The gach revamp was supposedly going to fix this and make it so everyone just didn't gach in the same places, but... clearly the gach system is still broken. I have so much vote cash saved up because I simply refuse to gach anymore until we get some real changes.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Not the matter of thinking that youre a modern player no, its that you havent been on the server long enough to discuss the "Current state of affairs"

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    ... really you still believe maplestory still is pay to win this is old news maplestory now giving players ways to give helpfully items by rewards points mesos killed monsters or doing quests now a day Neckson is trying to take old players back to gms by trying (in dumb way) to make gms to look like classic maplestory but that will never going to happened look like i those few people who check gms while once if Neckson have new updates gms still look bored though

12. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Please stop replying.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    what is your problem? i like to talk to people gosh! i will stop talking when people do something else

14. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Two words:
    Miracle cubes.

You're just muddling up the real conversation here.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    oops sorry about that i just starting to use my common sense since my life changed to worst so are lot things that i don't know yet this is one of them in puerto rico i born with some problem while i growing up i think i have autistic

that is what i talking about maplestory is now giving players ways to get miracle cubes duh

16. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    5:04 PM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    OMFG you gotta stop replying on every fcking comment someone say!
    You juat rewrite the same thing...

As for the topic i feel like it changed to how bad the staff is instade of why the server is stuck.
    I think there is always ups and downs but this down is dangeraus and something must be made...
    APQ in the next weeks will put spirits back up after april.events was great in my opinion.
    About ws and chaos its really a problam but the scroll prices droped alot recently so i dont think we need a full gach revamp just very few changes
    Anyway we all love this server

• Like Like x 1
  17. Candy

Candy Timer

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    inb4 Jean is a troll

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    ok ok i will stop and i'm not a troll! i didn't know post reply get annoying to people

19. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    I'd like to give my opinion here as I've been playing this server for a year now and I've seen pretty much of its development. Regarding the number of players online, yes it's number has been decreasing constantly and that is something that may dissapoint or desmotive you as a player. But as it was said before by Noodles, some of those players who have left chose to play the same game, just in a faster or easier way which is fine, there's nothing worse than reading on bl/guild/ally chat the complains about how hard is to grind or get stronger here. The reason why I still play here is because I'm not done with the game yet. I haven't accomplished everything I want to and I have made a nice group of friends I enjoy playing with.

There is a lot of discussion about gachapon and the availability of items considered "unique" such as scrolls, weapons, etc, etc. I think those items are meant to be hard to get, at least from my personal experience when I played GMS 10 years ago, scrolls where something extremely rare and one of the things I like about this server is that one doesn't get them as easily as in other servers. Updates are something necessary to get new players and to keep the current ones motivated and I do like to be informed about the current state of them.

That is pretty much everything I want and can say for now.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    These issues are interlinked. Of course if the staff devoted more time to this server, that would be faster response times of @gm, more events, more community. Maybe in a perfect world more hiring of scripters/coders and therefore more content released.

You absolutely cannot have a good server with bad GMs. When GMs are on the ball, the server prospers. When they are preoccupied with other things, the server suffers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.