1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The difference between MapleLegends and other private servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bar155, Jun 28, 2021.

1. bar155

bar155 Red Snail

Jun 28, 2021
    Male
    10:18 AM
    Hello guys! i had a bad experience in other private servers due to leeching and voting meta, it had nothing similar like the game i used to love.
    So before i download ML i want to ask some newbie questions:
    -Is leeching popular in ML?
    -Is there an option for income out of voting?
    -Do you guys feel like the server remind you the old good MS?
    -What is the main income source in this server?
    -Is washing necessary for late game contant?
    -Is multiclienting helps in any way?

Thats all the questions i can think of right now, i just want to play in a calm popular server with my gf, she heard so much about MS and she didnt had a good time in other servers due to mesos greed)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    3:18 AM
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    Yes

No

IMO yes

Farming/leeching

Generally yes

Yes

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    2:18 AM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw

Yes

No vote to win here, only cash and HP washing

No server will remind us of old MS, we all are older and try harder, even you may start try be ambitious and try hard, the nostalgic feeling may end sooner or later,

Gachapon and events, the more you farm, the more gacha you get, unless you want to get raw meso
    Either way, is usually just bishops

If youre not a warrior or magician i may say so.
    HT/Zak and Pap are very easy milestones, the former is the only one that takes a sliiiiight amount of washing,

But in general if you want to play comfortably on archer, thief or pirate, yes you may need to do washing

Sadly yes, people make mules for HS, or Meso Up, or Speed Infusion, however i wouldnt recommend worrying about it

It's up to you on how much you want to sweat
    and even if people will bash me for being a downer , is the truth of the server

I would just suggest play it

I dont want to hit on other servers , but all pre-BB will yield similar results, ML may be the hardest option, but is also imo more fun, asthings cant blow up out of hand with the Vote cash

Just remember, if you're sweating, someone is sweating harder

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    3:18 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Is leeching popular in ML?
    -> Yes, but doesn't mean you have to take this route.
    -> There are many players that doesn't do leeching, and certain PQs here are very popular (LPQ, EPQ, PPQ).
    -> Personally I've hit lvl 164 without much leeching (only maybe afew levels, prolly less than 10)

Is there an option for income out of voting?
    -> Nope, voting mostly for HP washing and cosmetics.

Do you guys feel like the server remind you the old good MS?
    -> Only the start from lvl 1 to 35. Personally I've never gone beyond lvl 51 in old servers, hence contents outside of it is not nostalgic for me.

What is the main income source in this server?
    -> Leeching and Bossing. You can also merch if you know how to.

Is washing necessary for late game content?
    -> As said in earlier, warrior and mage doesnt need while other classes needs.
    -> As warrior, most including me, will recommend light washing (40 base INT, no gear), which takes almost no investment.

Is multiclienting helps in any way?
    -> Yes, but multiclienting can be difficult to control too, esp in bossing. I personally don't multiclient at all

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:18 AM
    Moderator Post
    From the sounds of it, you came from Royals, so I try to show some differences between them.

Generally, MapleLegends too is an Old School server. Leeching was popular back in GMS, so it's also popular here. However, as some are saying, unofficial servers are generally played in a way where users already got an experience of the game it's trying to emulate, so try to play in the most optimized way, unlike GMS back in the day.

The difference between Royals and us is that we have a few changes with the main mechanic. I am not sure why everyone answer "no" to 'Is there an option for income out of voting?' because the person doesn't specify Vote Cash, but is specifying *income*. In Royals, you can SELL AP resets, and other Cash Items, which here isn't possible at all. If the person means income in this way, it's a straight-up yes, because you CAN'T get mesos here with Vote Cash, because Cash items are untradable, and you can't buy Gachapon Tickets using Cash in MapleLegends, compared to MapleRoyals where you can (and then convert that to mesos). Gachapon items drop here from mobs, so it's purely by gameplay vs mindless voting.

When it comes to earning VOTE cash, the answer would be no and yes. The main system is by voting, but there's also events over time where Vote Cash items drop, as well as events where you can win Game Cash (currently like Vote Cash but you can gift items with it).

One other difference is also that we are completely hacker free. Royals is quite infamous for having hackers walking around left and right, which are completely absent here due to actually having a system in place that isn't dependant on active GM's only. No need to have people waiting years after years to finally having that auto-ban system...

MapleLegends was set up in 2014, which unfortunately was before the major problems with v0.62 were put in light, and way before washing became a thing people seriously *dislike*, so the server still suffers some artefacts and problems when it comes to washing, compared to even more recent servers that try tackle it (usually not flawless).

We also have a couple of features which you can check here: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?forums/maplelegends-features-information.199/

If you got any more questions I can try to answer them here.

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    I think everyone meant "No, you cannot get income from voting" rather than "No, you cannot get income outside of voting" :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I guess that could be true, the question is confusing. I do however think he meant income outside of voting since voting (and then converting it to mesos) is a massive meta in Royals, and most other servers as well.

8. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    I think it works both ways
    cuz he could just mean ''income out of voting'' asking as if
    ''Can i profit from my votes?'' because of your same reasoning, since is a big part of other servers is worth asking if it's a thing on here

Now whetver that's a pro or a con for him is up in the air
    Im a spinning monke

9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    12:18 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It's mostly about perspective as there's a lot that can be accomplished outside of the meta, but terminology can be a bit vague. I'd say that it's possible to reach ~70-85% effectiveness outside of sweaty metas, and the answers to those questions become a lot more vague around that point. There's also key class differences in how necessary it becomes to vote or to leech in order to reach late-game, where ranged characters rely on washing and leech more than melee or magic, but even for them washing is necessary to some extent. On a single character casually playing and making money it's possible to get an 8 att cape, 14 att gloves, and a 20 over max att dragon weapon without playing the meta, and in that case you'd be roughly 25-30 attack from being considered "end-game". That gear makes for a solid foundation for being able to fight HT in a 6man party around level 180 but that's likely where it peaks. It's enough to satisfy most players, and for the people wanting to push past that would likely be willing to go with the mage/hyper-wash meta.

For a ranged character I would recommend washing to at least ~9k clean HP by 160 or so, which is not as difficult as many would anticipate. I think the more difficult part is training a ranged character from 100-125 as the exp rates without leech are slow, regardless of how much int you pump. It's possible, but by all means it is rather slow.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. OP
    OP
    bar155

bar155 Red Snail

Jun 28, 2021
    Male
    I read all your comments and i would like to thank every one of you for your time.
    it had been mentioned that i played Royals before, and the fact that i earned like 3B lately just by voting pisses me off.
    it seems like Legends doesnt have this problem and u have to work hard for your benefits, thats what im all about.
    but before starting i would like to hear some starting tips in this server, my goal is to play for the long run, and mix between enjoying the nostalgic while being funded.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  11. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Around level 20-25, train in Ninja Castle Hallway on Genins and chug ciders, which can be bought next door.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    bar155

bar155 Red Snail

Jun 28, 2021
    Male
    Thanks alot guys!
    I opened a magician and i want to open a new attacking character but i want to invest little as i can for washing, so?
    can you guys list the 3 jobs that requires as little washing as possible? thanks alot.

13. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    warrior and shad are the only ones, really.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    If you want to be an attacker as a mage, you still need to mp wash, and hp wash to 4k+ hp. It's quite a lot of investment still. I think bucc needs a decent amount of washing if you plan on bossing too.

15. Cerulean

Cerulean Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    However it is also much easier and forgiving to wash a mage as a new player -- not because of the NX required (which can be very high) but because of the mechanics itself. Unlike washing other attackers, as a mage you can play your character completely normal even until 120ish, then start MP washing and transition to HP washing without ever worrying about resetting base stats or having trouble leveling. If you start saving NX and level at a casual rate, you likely won't run out of NX until very late once you've already hit a decent amount of HP, which is made all the more easier by the fact that HP gears like T10 ring are completely broken for mages.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Perma beginner needs washing the least because you'll never boss anyways

Hero (and Paladin but don't do Paladin if you're not into gambling on future patch contents) technically don't really require any washing as their base HP combined with HB is enough for pretty much everything out there other than BGA but they still want to wash to 30k HP because they have no avoid and take hits all day, so they really want to cut down on the number of honsters they use. The good thing is that because warriors get so much HP and lose so little MP per wash, they need very little INT for washing

Dragon Knight wants a bit of washing a lot more than Hero does so they can zerk comfortably, but they can get away with 18750 due to having built-in HB. Though they need to zerk and use a lot of pots anyways so in this case it's less "they need less" and more "they can't really do more"

Shadower and Buccaneer need a small bit of washing to do contents comfortably. Not that much if you just want to do contents though, and they have iframes and shit so going above the minimum doesn't help them quite as much as warriors. Shads are a bit easier than buccs on this regard because HP gear essentially counts twice as much for them so if you're willing to spend effort on them you can save more effort on washing, but they're generally not dissimilar.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    bar155

bar155 Red Snail

Jun 28, 2021
    Male
    thanks for helping guys
    so making long story short: if i want to enjoy every content in this server, i need months of voting even before i lvl`ed up my character (because of base int)?

18. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    4:18 PM
    You mentioned 3 main problems I found through months of playing.

1. Is leeching popular in ML?
    Yes.

2. Is washing necessary for late game contant?
    If you think "no bossing no fun", yes. It is sad that I even met a level 5x all INT gunslinger with no more than 100 damage. So leeching is popular.

3. Is multiclienting helps in any way?
    I think yes. Because I saw many people had been doing so. Storage account in free market, mule account in party quests etc..

Other questions:
    From event (hunt monsters for cash)
    In old MS, every class has it's own characteristics. Here is the same.
    For me, just keep farming. Gacha by junk tickets maybe good.

19. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    That’s (unfortunately) a very complicated topic. It depends on what you’re playing, how quickly you plan on leveling, if you’re fine needing HB to survive some bosses, and how comfortable you want to be while bossing.

Unwashed ranged classes cannot survive Pink Bean even with all of the practical HP gear available in the game and HB.

If you don’t want to worry about HP as ranged, expect to be voting for years before you can wash out.

I’m pretty sure you can hit the ground running with just a little base INT with Warriors/Shads though.

20. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    i agree with this but want to clarify that it is definitely possible. For most players it is possible to play a first character that requires heavy washing (bucc, corsair, night lord, bowmaster or marksman) with around 120 base int. This sounds like a lot but keeps the character playable. Combining it with MP washing lets you reach a pretty decent amount of HP.
    I recommend reading up on the HP washing guides. There are some specifically answering questions for new players doing washing with no NX saved up.
    Good luck!

• Informative Informative x 1